Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB - Vinylizer PRO

Postby krzysiek » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:25 am

Hello
vinylizer suitable for heavy drums, guitar, etc.???

Regards
krzysiek
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby BLUESMAN » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 pm

krzysiek wrote:Hello
vinylizer suitable for heavy drums, guitar, etc.???

Regards

Yes.
Do you wanna try?
Post your link,I will test it for you.
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby krzysiek » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Ok thanks
regards
krzysiek
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby scooled » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Any more word on thoughts on these presets?

I will most likely get it but am in the middle of moving and won't have a solid internet connection for a few days.

I'm curious about the sampling process, was there an actual album pressed with tones on it?

Any more info would be great thanks!
scooled
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby scooled » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:02 pm

P.S. Not to be a complainer but the spam is really getting bad.
scooled
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:28 pm

scooled wrote:P.S. Not to be a complainer but the spam is really getting bad.

I agree, WAY too much spam...... but I DO have discounted pain meds, asphalt roof shingles, and round-trip tickets for international travel all on sale right now...... no I don't. I'm just messing with you. :lol:

I do have the vinylizer library. I haven't heard any actual record tones. These are more for imparting a phonographic quality to your audio, to make it sound like it is being played through one of the various phonographs sampled. Alex did include some wav samples of vinyl "noise"; pops, crackles, etc. It's not the type of library that will be on tons of my projects, but there are some great tone shapers in there that I am sure will find their way into more projects than I can imagine.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby scooled » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:39 am

I agree, WAY too much spam...... but I DO have discounted pain meds, asphalt roof shingles, and round-trip tickets for international travel all on sale right now...... no I don't. I'm just messing with you.

Ha ha yea no doubt, I can do all my Christmas shopping right here from the Acustica web site.

Thanks for the response, I plan on buying it. I like these kinds of library especially on things like Reverb sends. Any particular uses you've had luck with?

As for sampling I guess I'm just curious how the pickup was sampled, are the tones wired directly into the Cartridge? Just curious, perhaps its best to ask Alex directly.

Thanks
scooled
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:36 am

Yes, go ask Alex (60's music reference....).

I have been using them basically like preamps, or for coloration. The vintage tube phono preset is nice on bass, even on 2buss for an instant "vintagey" sound. I just throw presets on tracks and see what they do, and sometimes discover a gem.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 am

Wow, I finally had some time to hear these programs and that "VNL Vint Tub" sounds soooo good on the Master. I don't know but now I heard these programs I just can think of two situations/places where I'd use them: Master and as special FX for those rap "radio" vocals with the VNL Gram. In fact, this VNL Gram plus those samples AlexB included are the right ticket to get that "playing an old record" FX. Cupwise's also done an awesome job with his libraries and this is a great complement because it also has "conservative" programs, like that "VNL Vint Tub" which just "glues" everything. There, I said it, yeah, it "glues" :D (to me glue is way more than making everything work together, it's also creating an "atmosphere/vibe/texture" for the song).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries