Login

Cupwise Updates- YoureiB

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise Updates- Casspressors A v2 & Custom Tremolo v1.1

Postby gurth » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Many thanks for the tremelo update, it is something I use a lot, sounds way better than the tremelos in my daw!

Greetz, the unamed person ;)
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mr.tele » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 am

How do we get the Tremolo update, wait for an email, or... :?: I can't find a link on the updates page.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 am

sorry guys, i got sidetracked right after i made the update post and couldn't get the emails out. i'm sending them out now though, so you should be getting it.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks Tim, got it! :D
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Got my update too, thats Tim!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Updates- Color Springs v1.15

Postby Cupwise » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:36 pm

i've just made a bunch of updates to Color Springs, one of my more popular sets. the details can be seen here, but to summarize, a lot of it is cosmetic, and there have also been several tweaks to a few things that i feel should improve the sound and make the behavior more authentic to the hardware. the main cosmetic thing is that the 96khz and 44khz sets have been placed in separate categories which is a huge improvement for anyone who has both sets because it makes navigating the programs a lot better.

everyone who owns the set already should be getting an email with the update.

Color Springs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Nice update, thanks! :D I use these on electric guitar quite a bit, and other things on occasion.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby dream » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 am

Just bought it.

I like a lot the Cavernous preset, especially on that modern pop that pretend to be vintage in someway. :o
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Cupwise Updates- Smooth 609A Buscomp and YoureiB

Postby Cupwise » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:33 pm

i've just finished updates for two of my sets- smooth 609A buscomp, and yourei B.

buscomp-
i've just finished a VERY important update to this set. it's uploading right now, and later i'll mail links for the update to everyone who has bought.

this update does a lot of stuff. before, the attack control was scaled poorly. most of the range on it had little affect except the last little sliver towards the max range where a lot of change happened. now it's a smoother change across the control. much better.

shq and standard versions are closer to each other in terms of how their attack/release settings match up.

a lot of redundant and unnecessary duplicate programs are removed, and this makes the set look nicer in the menus. some other improvements to organization have been made.

the most important changes:
the programs were all very custom made (and still are), but i noticed that i had some details about how the harmonic samples were handled kind of bungled. the harmonics were still there but they weren't as dynamic as they should've been. that's fixed, and i think it gives a bit of a thicker sound.

potential artifacts have been greatly reduced. this one is big for me. sometimes you could get bassy artifacts added to the sound. they were already really low in level compared to your actual signal coming out, so they were hardly an issue, BUT i didn't like them because they could stack if multiple instances were used on the same audio and maybe eventually amount to something. now i think i have them dealt with nicely. thing is that these particular artifacts seem to show up with every neb comp i have, if there is over 1k. it seems to be a byproduct of doing compression with nebula. so, i'm noting to myself to go back and deal with them as needed in my previous comp releases and release updates for those, WHEN I GET TIME.

as i said, they were low enough that it's barely an issue, and only one person seems to have noticed them (not even sure if this person is talking about the same thing honestly), so it's not super-imperative that i fix the others (rayphlex and slick) right away. i always try to keep my stuff up to date but i also have to move forward with new things too, so be patient there. i really feel like this was removing something that you had to look at the things with a microscope (or actually use lots of filtering and spectral analyzers to see) to see, so it's a tiny thing, but at the same time having dealt with it makes me feel that these things are that much more perfected....

i also adjusted the way the gain reduction meter works, and i think now it's a lot better! i always maintained that the reduction meters in my stuff were accurate. well, they were, but only with a constant tone and the amount of gain reduction being constant. if there were changes in the amount, it would 'stick' at the peak amounts of GR for a few moments before dropping down. now it's pretty fluid and i think it makes them a lot more useful.

so, altogether i really feel that these updates take this set to a new level.

if you bought the set you should be getting the email in the near future. if you don't have it within a day of my posting it, contact me through the contact page at my site.

youreiB-
external sidechains were added. same deal, all people who bought should get emails soon but please give me a day before inquiring, if you didn't get it.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Updates- Smooth 609A Buscomp and YoureiB

Postby Cupwise » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 pm

oh i almost forgot, two other things!
1) the demo for smooth 609A buscomp has also been updated. some people on mac were having an issue where it wouldn't work. well, i don't know if this will fix that but let's hope so! main thing is that the demo includes some of the updates that the main set got also (artifact redux, harmonic improvement, etc).

2) smooth 609A buscomp page at my site should have an audio demo mp3 up for you to check out finally! it's not up yet but hopefully it will be before the day is over, so if you don't have the set you might want to check it out. there should be a few different sections of a full mix, with each having multiple uses of the comp on various tracks, and of course you first hear them dry so you can compare the mix without any 609A to the mix with plenty of it.

http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-smooth-609a-buscomp/
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries