Login

The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby marcpinol » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks a lot to everyone. You are great people, guys. I am learning a lot since I'm in this forum, more than any other forum out there.

By the way, when I was saying MVC (which doesn't exists!) I was talking about Vintage Blue Console from Alex B, which maybe is a great addendum to N-TEN-A4 EQ/pres because is an old N**e console too. Isn't it? Or I am wrong?
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:52 pm

marcpinol wrote:Thanks a lot to everyone. You are great people, guys. I am learning a lot since I'm in this forum, more than any other forum out there.

By the way, when I was saying MVC (which doesn't exists!) I was talking about Vintage Blue Console from Alex B, which maybe is a great addendum to N-TEN-A4 EQ/pres because is an old N**e console too. Isn't it? Or I am wrong?

You are correct, and that is also an awesome console library.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:56 pm

If I forgot to mention..... The Globe, while not being the N**e you are asking about, IS an extremely nice sounding library. I usually use the word "gorgeous" to describe it.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby geedy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:14 pm

CDSOUNDMASTER HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!! Thanks alot for that informative post.. So now I can get to the nitty gritty... HYBRID CONSOLE!!! I want to know the specifics becuse it is well known that N**e handles vocals like no other.. Rhythm and vocals are the two most important things in any recording, everything else follows these two things to bring depth into are recording... simply because the low ed can be felt therefore bringing the "feeling" of the track and our ears are trained to vocals so they are the hardest to place in a mix because even consumers can instantly tell when vocals sound "unnatural" which is not necessarily true for other instruments...

So i know that certain eqs and consoles "specialize" in certain frequencie ranges.. like a low, mid, and high frequecie ranges.. ranging from pultecs to neves to apis.. but i dont know wbat the combination to this lock is? :cry:
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

I think the best combination is making a decision and making the best music that you can! :P And I mean that as encouragement, not as an insult. I used to torment myself and after I had most of my tracks to a project, I would process them through various Nebula combinations, trying to find that elusive "best" chain. What I found was that they all sounded "best", just different! As another forum poster here told me, they don't feel that song has ever turned out great OR terrible solely because of which console it was recorded on, what sample rate/bit depth was used, dithered or not.... you get where this is going. Grab a few good libraries and start using them in your music. No matter what you use, you will use them to enhance the music. And as you get deeper into this whole Nebula thing, you will find yourself slowly accumulating more libraries.... whether or not you THINK you can afford them! (I still miss my first-born, but I REALLY wanted to get the Vintage Tubes from CDSM...)
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Just a quick note, the VBC doesn't "enrich" the low end like a MLC or CLC. In fact, it's s "thin-sounding" console which is why I use it for "delicate" mixes (or mixes where the bass isn't that important).

The Globe is an impressive console but I don't like what it does to high frequencies. It enriches them too much for my taste. I always end up removing it from my tracks unless I need a good "highs enhancer" :) (hmmm now that I think about it, I think it's just the way it tames low mids what makes it sound good on certain elements, at least for my taste)-
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby geedy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:Just a quick note, the VBC doesn't "enrich" the low end like a MLC or CLC. In fact, it's s "thin-sounding" console which is why I use it for "delicate" mixes (or mixes where the bass isn't that important).

The Globe is an impressive console but I don't like what it does to high frequencies. It enriches them too much for my taste. I always end up removing it from my tracks unless I need a good "highs enhancer" :) (hmmm now that I think about it, I think it's just the way it tames low mids what makes it sound good on certain elements, at least for my taste)-

I think that is the exact reason why the N**e was so sought after for vocals..
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby marcpinol » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Mercado, just bought the VBC and N-TEN-AT4. Liking what you said, as I am trying to achieve the most natural sound possible right now. If I need a little extra boost on lows, I'll EQ a little, but I really want to keep it defined.

As you said, Globe enhances the frequencies in some way that I really like for modern dance music, but I'm trying to find new ways (say classic) to my sound. Hope VBC will help!!
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 pm

marcpinol wrote:Hi Mercado, just bought the VBC and N-TEN-AT4. Liking what you said, as I am trying to achieve the most natural sound possible right now. If I need a little extra boost on lows, I'll EQ a little, but I really want to keep it defined.

As you said, Globe enhances the frequencies in some way that I really like for modern dance music, but I'm trying to find new ways (say classic) to my sound. Hope VBC will help!!

I'm sure it will. VBC is one of the finest consoles Alex has sampled so far, in my opinion; the thing is it doesn't do what I want when I'm mixing hip-hop/R&B, too much loss of bass power with it. A tip: try the "VBC IM2" on muddy vocals :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby marcpinol » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:I'm sure it will. VBC is one of the finest consoles Alex has sampled so far, in my opinion; the thing is it doesn't do what I want when I'm mixing hip-hop/R&B, too much loss of bass power with it. A tip: try the "VBC IM2" on muddy vocals :)

Yeah, these days I was thinking about all the old skool production techniques, where bass was a little hidden but definitely there. I am trying to do something really 80s right now. Tomorrow I'll check the VBC IM2, for sure :-) Thanks for the tip!
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries