Login

The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby geedy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 pm

After reding through forum after forum the console of choice has been "The Globe" because its stated that this console handles low-end information like no other.. Im not sure which console this emulates but i do know that the N-TEN-AT4 is a Newer N**e console emulation but i cant seem to find to much information about it except that it is just as good as "The Globe" but no specific reasons why.. (maybe becuase its so new?) i need opinions on this... :/ I would buy both but it wont be in my budget.. :/
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:29 pm

I don't own N-TEN-AT4 so I can't give you much of a comparison but the Globe absolutely does handle low end info like none of the other consoles. It was sampled from a Sphere Eclipse desk.

I do have a warning about the Globe which is that it's a bit more colored than some of the other consoles even using the disengaged EQ programs. That's not necessarily a bad thing and, like all of the console programs, the color is not going to make or break a mix.

This thread might be as close to an apples to apples comparison as you're going to get of the Globe to some other consoles. It's less than ideal in a number of ways but it should give you a rough idea at the very least.
User avatar
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Miami

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby marcpinol » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 pm

As far as I know, N-TEN-AT4 is an EQ console channel strip. It probably does some kind of console behaviour if you put it on every channel, but is a totally different beast from Globe (well, that's what I think!).

In my humble opinion, the Globe kicks ass. I would like to have some other options, like Alex B does (mix bus channel, FX send channel, drums bus channel, etc), but I really dig the sound anyway. As ngarjuna said, it gives some obvious color to the sound, but the "enhancing" of bass frequencies is just amazing.

I really want to buy N-TEN-AT4, but I don't know which console is the best one to make a realistic behaviour of the complete chain (some kind of Nebula creepy thing, to try realistic chains in your mixes). Maybe Modern White Console? I say this because it's a N**e too, even though not the same model at all...

EDIT: After taking a look to N-TEN-AT4 it is indeed a console, so excuse my ignorance :-)
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:13 am

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 pm

I do think that the N-10 is not a complete console package, more like EQ an inputs. There are no buss presets, for instance. I do own it, and use it quite a bit, but more for the eq's and input color. But the MWC and the VBC (I think), both Alex B, are N**e emu's of different kinds. And they all sound awesome.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:36 pm

What type of music you're planning to use that on? The best basses I've heard here were treated with the MLC or CLC (but I mostly work on hip-hop/R&B stuff... and when I mix a latin rhythm like Salsa or Merengue nothing beats the VBC).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
User avatar
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 am

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby geedy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:What type of music you're planning to use that on? The best basses I've heard here were treated with the MLC or CLC (but I mostly work on hip-hop/R&B stuff... and when I mix a latin rhythm like Salsa or Merengue nothing beats the VBC).


Yea i actually do hip hop and r&b as well and the VBC is a N**e emulation so you see thats why i am intrested in the N-TEN-AT4... But as you also can tell no one has given this console the light of day to give a good opinion on it.. But in the type of music we do you know that low end information is dominate and all praises go to THE GLOBE!!! Also the AT4 has an option to send the signal the strip with the console eq engage but with a flat response and being one of the latest additions to the whole console market i know that it must have been sampled very well.. :idea: :shock:
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby marcpinol » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:00 pm

richie43 wrote:I do think that the N-10 is not a complete console package, more like EQ an inputs. There are no buss presets, for instance. I do own it, and use it quite a bit, but more for the eq's and input color. But the MWC and the VBC (I think), both Alex B, are N**e emu's of different kinds. And they all sound awesome.


Yeah, maybe the MVC (wich I don't own yet, but I was thinking about) is a perfect combo for N-TEN-A4. Now that we are talking about music styles, I usually do old school house and disco, mainly (think about 1977-1986 stuff). I love to enhance the bass frequencies, sure (Globe does this like a beast), but I am really into maintain the nuance of a very natural sound, like those old dance records. Makes the MVC a good combination with N-TEN-A4, then?
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:13 am

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby geedy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 am

marcpinol wrote:
richie43 wrote:I do think that the N-10 is not a complete console package, more like EQ an inputs. There are no buss presets, for instance. I do own it, and use it quite a bit, but more for the eq's and input color. But the MWC and the VBC (I think), both Alex B, are N**e emu's of different kinds. And they all sound awesome.


Yeah, maybe the MVC (wich I don't own yet, but I was thinking about) is a perfect combo for N-TEN-A4. Now that we are talking about music styles, I usually do old school house and disco, mainly (think about 1977-1986 stuff). I love to enhance the bass frequencies, sure (Globe does this like a beast), but I am really into maintain the nuance of a very natural sound, like those old dance records. Makes the MVC a good combination with N-TEN-A4, then?


See even he has the same question... STILL NO ANSWERS OR OPINIONS!!! No one bought this console? Is it too new? :evil:
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 am

Do you mean MWC, not MVC? Are you asking if anyone owns the N-10? It is not too new, I do own the N-10. I was just saying that I don't consider it a full console preset, I use it for the eq's and maybe input coloration. But I do love the MWC for smoother and thicker N**e style, and the VBC has an awesome character as well. For me the Globe has been more useful for lush and low end/complex stuff, even for jazz and classical. R&B finds me leaning in CLC or MLC..... they all sound great.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: The GLOBE or N-TEN-AT4 console

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Geedy,
Thanks for asking about these! :-)
I'm not sure if you got the answer to your question.
The N-TEN-AT4 has been out for a while, and it is an original vintage british console. The difference between the N-TEN collection and The Globe is that the N-TEN-AT4 is a channel strip/eq with all settings from a single channel from the console. It can be used for the purpose of an eq or it can be used also just as a channel preamp.

The Globe is a collection of a classic vintage console's channels and mains etc, with the eq circuity turned on and off, but it is not an eq collection. If you are looking for a single ideal console for use in mixes, and not looking for a flexible vintage eq, then I personally think the Globe is the prettiest sounding board I have heard, and I like it on every style of music. There are situations where I would choose the N-TEN if using both. Also, the Q8 is from the same family and lineage as the Globe, and is what I consider the ideal eq from that heritage, so if you liked the Globe and wanted to add the best version of its eq into the chain, the Q8 is a perfect choice.

So, if just looking for setting up the DAW like a console without flexible eq, the Globe is hard to beat. But, N-TEN gets that job done as well and is primarily used for its vintage eq. They both have unique qualities to the sound.

I hope that helps answer things a little.

geedy wrote:After reding through forum after forum the console of choice has been "The Globe" because its stated that this console handles low-end information like no other.. Im not sure which console this emulates but i do know that the N-TEN-AT4 is a Newer N**e console emulation but i cant seem to find to much information about it except that it is just as good as "The Globe" but no specific reasons why.. (maybe becuase its so new?) i need opinions on this... :/ I would buy both but it wont be in my budget.. :/
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests