Login

Best "Nebula" compressor for vocals

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Best "Nebula" compressor for vocals

Postby geedy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:07 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:AlexB's stuff sounds vintage while Niklas' stuff sounds modern. At least this is how I perceive it.

Ok i get it because the refer to the AITB stuff as being really clean... but back to compressors i hear that the VARI-MU from rhythminmind is the smoothest of them all..
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:23 am

geedy wrote:Ok i get it because the refer to the AITB stuff as being really clean... but back to compressors i hear that the VARI-MU from rhythminmind is the smoothest of them all..

ngarjuna loves it, maybe you could send him a pm to know a bit more about it (or maybe he'll just chime in soon here). I've never used it to be honest.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby geedy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 am

Yea i hope so.. the why ive been doing so much research is so i can maximize each dollar im about to spend.. i already bought nebula 3 pro and im about to drop about $400 on the 3rd party stuff so I NEED ANSWERS... lol but ya that money only covers about half the things that are offered..
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:54 am

This is probably not the answer you are hoping for, but everything you are asking about is good. Alex B's, AITB, Ryhthminmind, Signaltonoise, CDSM.... They all have amazing libraries. And the opinions from anyone are just that; opinions based on their own ears and preferences. I have the Vari-Mu, and it is indeed very smooth. But I use the Fate comp, Snap Comp, 4KD, MWD, and love both Alex B's Pooltec and CDSM's Cooltec eq's very much.... I have more libraries than I imagined I would have when I started, that's for sure! And they are ALL great and very useful. The point is is that no matter what you buy, you will be getting amazing analog emulations that will flavor your digital audio in ways you have never known before using Nebula. You can't go wrong, and if you really spend $400 on libraries, you will most assuredly be getting $400 worth! Spend $150 or $200, start using what you have, and then get some more.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 am

richie43 wrote:I have more libraries than I imagined I would have when I started, that's for sure! And they are ALL great and very useful.

HAHAAH that sums me up, i have spent so much cash on nebula libaries and before you know it you will have most of them!
Definity

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:
geedy wrote:Ok i get it because the refer to the AITB stuff as being really clean... but back to compressors i hear that the VARI-MU from rhythminmind is the smoothest of them all..

ngarjuna loves it, maybe you could send him a pm to know a bit more about it (or maybe he'll just chime in soon here). I've never used it to be honest.

Yeah for parallel two-buss duty the VM is a monster, I do love it.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm

ngarjuna wrote:Yeah for parallel two-buss duty the VM is a monster, I do love it.

For that 2buss duty, I also have been loving Alex B's German Mastering Dynamics. Very smooth and "gluey".
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby geedy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Well honestly im trying to buy the best signal chain that would look something like this.. some thimgs will be fill out some wont...

Mix: Kick
MPcee ~ Preamp Color - Console - Tape 15 ips - TB+ - VTM - Console - Compression - Eq A*I Full mix: 2 buss compression

Master:
Geman Console~ Geq ~ Tape 30 ips - TB+ - Vtm (acts as compression) - German console - Limiter
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby faun2500 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:22 pm

geedy wrote:
faun2500 wrote:
geedy wrote:
except the 4KD has a few extra things going on with it...

What, like the channel compressor you get with it?!! :o

I don't think the Snap comes with that.

yea its got like 3 different types of compressors that come with it from the S*L console..

What the snap?
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby faun2500 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:26 pm

geedy wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:AlexB's stuff sounds vintage while Niklas' stuff sounds modern. At least this is how I perceive it.

Ok i get it because the refer to the AITB stuff as being really clean... but back to compressors i hear that the VARI-MU from rhythminmind is the smoothest of them all..

Smoothest? Maybe, but not the most versatile!

Its great and I use it in every track but it rolls of bass and adds a high boost. It also can be a bitch to get compressing right but when it works it fucking works!
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries