Login

AlexB: SP79 German Mastering Console (new ver. of older GMC)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: SP79 German Mastering Console (new ver. of older

Postby ceemusic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:59 am

O.K., I figured it out.

I only installed the 96k versions so I tried installing the 44.1k to see if it could be a numbering issue somehow. Sure enough it's working normally now.

I was under the impression that I didn't need to install all the sample rates, is this correct? For certain other programs including this one I don't need any 44.1k so it's just wasting hd space.

Is there something I need to edit in xml to make this work?
i7 5820k·RAM 32GB DDR4·1TB HD x3·500GB SSD x2·Video HD-5450 1GB·Win 10 x64·RME FF400·Cubase-VEPro6-S1-Sonar
ceemusic
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:18 am

Try also deleting the ~scanboot file in the Setups folder in the repository. I do that every time there is a need to delete the temp cache. You may as well delete the temp again to have all of this cleared at the same time. Then load an instance of Nebula to let it rescan and rebuild temp.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:13 am

Is there something I need to edit in xml to make this work?

If you've not changed the XML, then there should be no need to edit.

As to SR files, you should be able to install only the rates you want. If you're only 96k, really, the 44.1k vectors are small.

See if the suggestions fix it ...
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ceemusic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks, tried that too- removed 44.1k, deleted ~scanboot file in the Setups then TEMP but same results.

I notice that when removing/ adding 44.1k that program numbers (96k) also get changed. I would think they'd stay the same, something to do with the problem?

ATM I've re-installed the 44.1k as I need to finish up projects for a deadline.
i7 5820k·RAM 32GB DDR4·1TB HD x3·500GB SSD x2·Video HD-5450 1GB·Win 10 x64·RME FF400·Cubase-VEPro6-S1-Sonar
ceemusic
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby weststudio » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Just bought it, sounds great!

In the manual it talks about group bus, but i guess you need to use the regular mixbus presets? i don't see any group presets.

Cheers
weststudio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby markgalup » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:39 am

Purchased this today thanks to RJHollins' stellar review on GS... Can't wait to hear it in my chain! Thanks, AlexB.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby ryancost » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:22 pm

It's great, pristine quality

Alex any chance a new Poolteq is on the horizon? :) :shock:
ryancost
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:33 am

OK ... doesn't seem to get much mention ... but tonite working on another Live mastering session I pulled up the Dynamics module from the GM Suite.

I liked what I heard from this u473 LIMITER. :mrgreen:

I was not wanting to add any more color, and had no need to squash this performance ... just wanted to gently tame the levels.

With the settings I had, I wasn't hearing much compression [expected], but my final output meters were happily playing along. [Yes ... we in Mastering do use METERS].

Whatever AlexB did to create this latest version library, is excellent.

Later ... I started playing around with this LIMITER, and as I played with other things, I was not sure the Limiter was doing anything special ... as soon as I BY-Passed it, then after a bit, re-Engaged ... oh yes. It was doing its' thing ... but did try to go un-noticed :lol:

I get many calls for mastering Jazz and Classical works, and I need tools that can be very discreet ... yet provide desired result. This GMD v2 will definitely get an early audition for that role. I have a Rock session that will be coming in, I'm not sure how this LIMITER will work with that genre .. but I'm going to check it just to hear.

Overall ... the entire SUITE is really nice to work with ... Console, EQ, and now Dynamics. [along with a couple other secret weapons].

Thanks again AlexB !!

[I wonder if the TUBE Console and Suite is in the pipeline ... v2 ] ;)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries