Login

New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Postby ryancost » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 pm

I'm one of the doubters, any audio demos? 8-)
I've never used the eq in real life, and the Green demo wasn't very useful for me, so hard to have any idea of what its like
ryancost
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Don't hesitate to send me 1 track that you have difficulties with (e.g. every other hi shelf too brittle or too dirty).
I've never used Green (not even the demo), but I've come to like straightforward pristine correction tools IF (and that's the point) the source already has the desired character. I don't see any sense in stacking harmonics and distortion. My 2€ct.

Far away from algo EQs, in case you still doubt :lol:

;)
beingmf3

Postby botus99 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:19 am

I can't say how great this release is enough! I'll admit, with the original EQ in question being extremely clean, I had my doubts that it would be worth it. 'A CLEAN eq in Nebula? Why?"

I made an interface on Agent for Surge immediately, and it quickly became a go-to EQ for mastering/buss duties.

On a personal level, Surge and AlexB's MassiveMixEQ are my workhorses now. MM really does really well with that compact and colorful sound it's famous for, but Surge transparently morphs things into what you were trying to make it sound like in the first place :lol: The sound is very tight, clean, and transparent.

I'll be using Surge a lot for a long time. Thank you Tim and JPN
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby ceemusic » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:36 am

Since there aren't any demos does anyone know how this compares to CDSM's SONGTEC-MEP-250EX-EQ?
That's my go-to for clean cuts & boosts.
i7 5820k·RAM 32GB DDR4·1TB HD x3·500GB SSD x2·Video HD-5450 1GB·Win 10 x64·RME FF400·Cubase-VEPro6-S1-Sonar
ceemusic
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:16 pm

I'll do a little boosting demo soon... 8-)

As been said it's a very very clean eq, on measurement distortion was in the noise floor....and the noise floor is very low.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Offer ended today however I've added 5 more “TMeQ FREE” discount codes. when they are gone they are gone!

ADD SURGE EQ + TUBE MID RANGE EQ TO YOUR CART AND SIMPLY ENTER “TMeQ FREE” IN THE DISCOUNTS SECTION
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:56 pm

I continue using SURGE-EQ for mastering. A few days back, Rock-n-Roll ... earlier, on a live Dixieland band, a jazz recording, and on a pop recording ... there are others can't recall.

Each time, SURGE-EQ has performed in such a beneficial way. I have had to stack more than 12 instances on some of these tracks. Not once did it harm. Clean has never sounded sooo good.

Actually, I think 'Clean' may have gotten a bad rap [and we all know how that can be] :P

Of course ... when I need to add so specific character [intentional], we have so great choices.
I still call on AlexB MMeQ ... and also TimP has some wonderful sounding compressors [even if only for the tone aspect]. In fact ... with Surge's clean reputation, it allows other libraries to speak with distinction [rather than lost in the mixture].
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Just thought i'd post a pic of the pre potion of linear phase conversion on this sampling at 44.1.

as we can see pre ringing is incredibly low around 0.3ms which is cut in half to compared to mytek! but also the first ripple starts at -35db. Sonically this will keep the highs smooth and reduce and smearing that could occur and keeps bass transparent.

and this is why we should avoid SRC in these library's

Also here we have a fast (1sec) sweep response (slow sweep will not give us enough info about any artifacts occurred in the sampling process)

as we can see it's incredible free of sample artifacts!
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:41 pm

RJHollins wrote:I continue using SURGE-EQ for mastering. A few days back, Rock-n-Roll ... earlier, on a live Dixieland band, a jazz recording, and on a pop recording ... there are others can't recall.

Each time, SURGE-EQ has performed in such a beneficial way. I have had to stack more than 12 instances on some of these tracks. Not once did it harm. Clean has never sounded sooo good.

Actually, I think 'Clean' may have gotten a bad rap [and we all know how that can be] :P

Of course ... when I need to add so specific character [intentional], we have so great choices.
I still call on AlexB MMeQ ... and also TimP has some wonderful sounding compressors [even if only for the tone aspect]. In fact ... with Surge's clean reputation, it allows other libraries to speak with distinction [rather than lost in the mixture].

i have to agree
clean is not boring at all when its as good and musical as surge :D

this eq stays in my neb libs forever

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby musicforlife » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 am

hey guitar folks check how it can soun in your guitars...

just a sample..

maybe the final sound was a little too scooped but i think it sounds nice!!

no eq
www.mediafire.com/download/mg781r711i82 ... +NO+EQ.wav

with eq
www.mediafire.com/download/zbo0uk4vtu3kgxe/SLO.wav
musicforlife
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries