New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New eq release's with amazing double deal!!! Last day at

Postby Thierr7 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi Tim ,

Great Release i purchased today !

- Very nice Narrow Q !

- It's funny because i enter the discount code but didn't get the ""free" Mid Eq ; it said " wrong discount code or something , i thought today was not included but it seems that it was supposed to work ...
Thierr7

Postby theheliosequence » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Thierr7 wrote:Hi Tim ,

- Very nice Narrow Q !

- It's funny because i enter the discount code but didn't get the ""free" Mid Eq ; it said " wrong discount code or something , i thought today was not included but it seems that it was supposed to work ...

Did you have the Mid Tube EQ in your cart?
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Thierr7 wrote:Hi Tim ,

- Very nice Narrow Q !

I've manually added it to your account
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:00 pm

3 hours left from the time of message to get at £28
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Postby Thierr7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks a lot Tim !

No , i hadden't add it in my cart :oops:

Bests !
Thierr7

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:20 pm

To no surprise at all, this thing kills on distorted guitar mixes. Also a great channel EQ for drum overheads, close mics, and vocals (combined with a broad tone shaper like DualTech, etc.).

Well done again, Tim.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:42 pm

This is something I tried the other day too and your so right. Guitar Speakers are very peaky like mountains in response, this library is excellent at linearising some of that when needed, it dos'nt really sound like eq
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Thierr7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Defenatly great on Guitars , just saved a Mix i had issue with the Overdrived Lead guitar :)
Thierr7

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Tim Petherick wrote: it dos'nt really sound like eq

Exactly! And it's one of the few EQs I know, for whatever reasons, that sounds good when boosting around 400Hz to add a bit more 'note' to distorted chords. A bit of push around 400 and 1000-1500 cycles can really sound nice. I guess it's a similar effect to thinning out that papery 600-800 range and then adding some volume, but in this case the double boost gives you more control over the shape and just sounds great (not too scooped or bright).

I love it.

I can recommend a favorite combination for guitars - whether you're tracking amp sims or the real thing, put it through a driven '02 program with the filters active (try 45Hz/14kHz as a starting point) and maybe a touch of 10kHz shelf and 3.2 or 4.8 peak. This can liven it up a lot, and a little goes a very long way. Then invite George to the party to help clean up and linearize, or to really tighten and enlarge the low end or add a very controlled mirdange bite, etc.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:42 pm

bryan7nebula wrote:jfjer379

Thanks for making that great Agent skin. I'm buying Surge tonight and was going to make my own skin tonight, but since yours looks pretty perfect, I will just use yours.

I have made a bunch of skins for Agent. It's fun to go find images on google of the old original dusty hardware and create new skins that way. It's educational too because I feel like I am understanding the hardware more than just selecting a Nebula setting. It also makes me appreciate the Nebula developer's process.

Hollins, I too find bugs in Agent. I use Ableton, and the main issue is saving presets. If I save presets through the Agent interface, I get all types of bugginess. However, if I save presets through Ableton, things work out well. The only issue is that this does not properly associate the skins. So I have to relink the proper skin when I first assign a saved preset. Once I relink the skins, they remain properly associated. But when I make a new project file for a new song ... the process has to start again.

I have been communicating with NYRV about this, but when I asked them if they had tested Agent thoroughly on Ableton in Windows environment, I did not get response. I suspect that smaller developers do not have the resources to test every DAW on every operating system in every way.

I have had challenges with AQUAs as well on my system, and it makes me hesitate to buy more. I am interested in Pink and Amethyst, so maybe I will download the trials and give them a go.

Amethyst and pink is my favourites besides pink comp bundle of the Acquas :)

Hope you can get thouse to work well on youre system as they are great mixing tools :)

Presets in agent 1.4 doesent save custom themes with selected nebula eq saved preset for example, so its annoying when you got many custom themes
And have to manually swich themes for right eq to get matching knobs for the eq

But agent 1.5 will have a complete re write of the code as far as i know, and Nyrv are very determent to fix all bugs and quirks in 1.5 :)

So im really looking forward to 1.5 so i can share knobs that match the Surge too with you good folks in the Nebula comunity :)

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries