Login

New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New eq release's with amazing double deal!!!

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:48 am

I made one of my NVC-RaK MIDI controllers for SURGE-EQ.
capture.jpg

This is the 8 slot version. Each slot can be any of the band configurations.

Really liking this EQ. 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:18 am

Jordi wrote:It is spectacular. k great job , I tried to make one for blue 1012. comparir there any way projects made ​​with agent ? or there is somewhere to share ?
Thank you very much

you can grab the Surge eq Agent skin(graphic element) on this page :)

just scroll down until you see the first pic of surge skin and you will find a zip file under it where the PNG skin to put in agent is

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... a-s-8.html

its not completely finished yet tough, but im not gonna change the knob or button layout so when i upgrade it , just put in the new skin and no harm done to you're layout,
the only difference will be a little better looking skin

we will share more Agent skins(graphic elements) in this GS thread

go and grab that skin and enjoy Surge with all bands at you're fingertips :)

i have to add its best to use nebula setups with whole
nebula libs used at once, it shortens the loading time

without setups it take ages to load

Cheers
Last edited by jfjer379@gmail.com on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:25 am

RJHollins wrote:I made one of my NVC-RaK MIDI controllers for SURGE-EQ.
capture.jpg

This is the 8 slot version. Each slot can be any of the band configurations.

Really liking this EQ. 8-)

great stuff :)

did you actually create yore own program too
to use with your midi controller ?
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:02 am

Oh yes.

The screen shot is only the 'work' GUI. The core is a MIDI controller capable on 16 different channels.

The RaK design is the latest concept I wanted to have. I never know what type of 'bands' I'll need for a project. My new design lets me choose any of the available. If I need 3 shelfs or 8 peaks, it is totally flexible to the project at hand.

It also has several built-in 'niceties' 8-) The EQ GAINS can be quickly BYPASSED for fast A/B checking, If a library offers 'clean' and full Presets, you can switch between them AND maintain all parameter values [very handy], there are 'hidden' controls for G-DRV and Drive [when available], there is also a Module BYPASS that takes the NEBULA instances out of the signal chain. Per EQ and channel BYPASS is also available on a GLOBAL scale, all PRESETS names and ProgramNumbers are read from the Custom NEBULA XML file that is created from Zap's NebulaSETUPs. There is options to have 'stepped' or 'contiguous' knob values [based on library design]. Because I designed as a 'modular' concept, it is easy to built a interface that can use up to 16 MIDI Channels [16 Nebula's under one central controller].

I am NOT a programmer .. but it is fun to put together a tool that compliments. The actual NVC-Rak is a VST 32-bit plugin. I use it now on my 64-bit system [Reaper-bridge] together with Plogue BIDULE to house NEBULA with support for 'MIDIChannel Filters', KlangHelm VU meters for internal GainStaging', and a special [CC-continuous control message] to handle channel BYPASS].

With 17 +/- different NVC controller [some in standard 'hardware' mode, and others in the RaK design, it makes working with NEBULA such a better workflow. There are other features in there, but I've also ideas to advance the concept and workflow. Right now I'm using a 'vector' graphics technique for many of the GUI components. This significantly reduces that RAM requirements of the plugin. Since each slot can house any Preset Group [with SURGE, there are only 4 groups. But spread that across 4, 8, or 16 slots and it could be 64 individual units. With the vector concept, I'm slowly working up a more automatic way of creating a knob with all the support for labeling and size design. This would help speed up the design process for me.

I wished that I could of had some programming classes when I attended college ... we did have calculators, slide rules ... and an abacus :lol: but nothing like today.

... anyway, sorry for the long reply ... now I need to get back to my Mastering session for tonite 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:11 am

pretty amazing stuff there MR.RJHollins :)

i only know photoshop barely and haven't a clue how to build a midi controller :lol:
so for me agent is my only option that allows me to control all bands in an eq

agent is rock solid on my pc rig win 7 64 in Reaper

im gonna do more Tim P eq`s they are great,
he did make my favorite ITB neev eq too hehe

locking forward to many more new libs from him,
in the meantime im gonna buy the ones i don't have
one by one

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:54 am

agent is rock solid on my pc rig win 7 64 in Reaper

I've had issues with AGENT [Win7[64], Reaper] unfortunately. :roll:

I've not been able to zero in on the exact cause ... but one thing that has happened:

1. I build a complete EQ [8 slots]
2. Each Nebula assigned a PRESET
3. If I switch a PreSet from a FULL to a CLEAN one, AGENT sometimes LOCKs up the screen [and Reaper]. I then have to do a forced close of Reaper.
4. I've also had AGENT lock up when inserting another NEBULA as I build the chain.
5. I was running the latest version, although, there may be a newer one, as I've basically stepped back from AGENT because of this.

There have been other AGENT issue, but I can't rule out operator error [me], putting together a layout design [all within AGENT]. I do use PhotoShop [with some basic skills], but I was looking to first put a working preset together before considering making it pretty.

I know there are plans for AGENT, and I'm hoping so. This would be very useful. My ultimate hope that Agent would add some of the functions that I've put into NVC.

Looking long-term ... to see what is in store for NEBULA-4. We only had hints of the possibilities ... As a beta-tester, I have my list of functions waiting :P

ok ... break time over ... back to it :mrgreen:

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby KSP » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:09 am

I hope to add midrange preset as green knob from original unit (120 Hz - 8 kHz, Q of .4 - 4, 15 dB boost/cut)
I know this preset already cover this range.
but if there is,it's truely G*L 8200 isn't it ?

btw this preset is truely awasome,thanks for great job Tim!
KSP
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Ok,

Yes your correct but do we really need another band? I will add it if everyone really wants it but don't expect that to be a speedy thing, It will require quite a lot more work though and I would use existing samples from both bands to create it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last day of £28 offer, tomorrow price goes to £35

free library continues for one more week
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: New eq release's with amazing double deal!!! Last day at

Postby bryan7nebula » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:47 pm

jfjer379

Thanks for making that great Agent skin. I'm buying Surge tonight and was going to make my own skin tonight, but since yours looks pretty perfect, I will just use yours.

I have made a bunch of skins for Agent. It's fun to go find images on google of the old original dusty hardware and create new skins that way. It's educational too because I feel like I am understanding the hardware more than just selecting a Nebula setting. It also makes me appreciate the Nebula developer's process.

Hollins, I too find bugs in Agent. I use Ableton, and the main issue is saving presets. If I save presets through the Agent interface, I get all types of bugginess. However, if I save presets through Ableton, things work out well. The only issue is that this does not properly associate the skins. So I have to relink the proper skin when I first assign a saved preset. Once I relink the skins, they remain properly associated. But when I make a new project file for a new song ... the process has to start again.

I have been communicating with NYRV about this, but when I asked them if they had tested Agent thoroughly on Ableton in Windows environment, I did not get response. I suspect that smaller developers do not have the resources to test every DAW on every operating system in every way.

I have had challenges with AQUAs as well on my system, and it makes me hesitate to buy more. I am interested in Pink and Amethyst, so maybe I will download the trials and give them a go.
bryan7nebula
User Level V
User Level V

Re: New eq release's with amazing double deal!!! Last day at

Postby markgalup » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Purchased - thank you for your excellent work, Tim! Looking forward to finishing up my current mix with this on the 2buss!

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries