Login

New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New eq release's with amazing double deal!!!

Postby jpn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:45 am

Pedro Martins wrote:Thanks for the tip... :)

'Obrigado'

Abraço

Na boa !! :)
jpn

Postby Jordi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:39 pm

I have a question for Tim !!

You and your libraries have become a benchmark in the world of nebula. I know their level of involvement in the new technology created by acoustic audio, previously only available in acqua plugins, but hopefully soon appears on the surface nebula4. You also collaboration with skins JPN, gives great importance to the ease of use of their programs. In this regard, what are your future plans continue supplying libraries as doing up to date, or intends, or will have the posibility by acoustic audio adapt its new model nebula4. Obviously I understand that perhaps the issue of complications and other software problems, rate of exchange prices of these products. But I'm interested to know how you will adapt, if it does, and if their old and new libraries that come tailored to nebula4.

Thank you very much! This text only seeks information while recognition of his work and hope it does not take you to get into uncomfortable situations.

Sincerely,

Jordi
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby DelaHostia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi, Tim!!

I'm afraid I made a mistake trying to acquire the discount on the purchase of Surge EQ... Please, heeeeelp!!
DelaHostia
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:08 pm

@ RJHollins: I just read another thread where you used Ivory and Green 2 as your go to mastering EQs. Have you compared Surge with Green 2? If yes, in what way do they differ? I reckon they are a different take on the same hardware EQ, 8200, but different hardware models of course.

From what I can see, Surge has continuous frequency bands as in the hardware, but Green 2 has not.

Curious - not my intention to spoil the "party" here..!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:58 am

@dagovitsj,

I've not done a direct compare [A/B] of Green vs SURGE. I have used them in separate jobs, but not together. When I can, I should do that test.

Saying that ... both eq's are strong [a little can go a long ways, ... and you can push them too].

The convenience layout of GREEN is apparent. The entire EQ in one instance, while NEBULA is a single preset.

For some, this could be a deciding factor, however, often times I need several specific bands. This can cause me to load several full ACQUA's, with Nebula, another single instance.
With ACQUA, I need to watch how many PREAMPs are active. Usually, only the last chain has PreAmp active [depends]. Both these units are clean/transparent ... but not sterile.

A little background: I go through periods when many projects need 'character' added with the EQ. Then I have runs where 'transparency' is essential.

Now for the 'knee-jerk' reaction.

SURGE-EQ is an absolute joy to work with. From the 2 shelves, the span of frequencies and Q-factor ... I've not had a session that it didn't like. It just plays so well. It has the imaging and depth ... and stacking many on a track sounds as good as the first instance. [other Neb libraries include full and clean presets that I carefully decide on]. SURGE has only 'full' ... but that has not been a limitation or problem.

Everyone has their preference. I am very comfortable working with NEBULA. It's a bit tedious in gain-staging through a chain ... but after I do a 'unity' re-balance, the resultant quality of sound makes the effort a non-issue.

I'm not sure the DEMO status for GREEN and SURGE, but well worth auditioning for personal consideration.

Even though I try to avoid telling others what to buy, I've no idea of the music they work, nor the character and workflow preferred.

I CAN say that I'm lovin' this SURGE-EQ. It moved quickly into my top-tier, 1st call, equalizer. Even though it takes a bit longer to load [due to the shear number of internal samples], it is well worth it.

With all the Neb/Acqua choices [for tone], I think I could easily use SURGE as the main EQ for a session without a doubt. It has embarrassed my last few remaining 'algo' eq's [Fab-Q2] for even minor cuts [1/2dB]. [maybe DMG in hi-rez mode could put up a better fight ... I'll test that sometime.

Not to forget !!!

This 'double-deal' offer is unbelievable. TimP is being overly generous. The 'other' eq is stellar in its own right. Completely different sound/texture [includes clean, full presets]. Must be a summer special, or the heat has gotten to TimP, cause this should easily be a separate product [most likely will after he comes to his senses] :lol:

ok ... sorry for the round-about talk [intentional]. :mrgreen:

Ask specifics if needed. I'm sure others will share their thoughts too.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jpn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Guys

I made a direct comparison between the two equalizers (surge-Eq and Green) and .... to my ears ... all I can say in few words is that the "surge-eq" sounds smoother and with more depth.
Plus I have a more precise range of frequencies to choose.
Although the "Green" as all "Acquas" has a more direct interface to work.

(it´s just my oppinion)
jpn

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:16 pm

jpn wrote:Hi Guys

I made a direct comparison between the two equalizers (surge-Eq and Green) and .... to my ears ... all I can say in few words is that the "surge-eq" sounds smoother and with more depth.
Plus I have a more precise range of frequencies to choose.
Although the "Green" as all "Acquas" has a more direct interface to work.

(it´s just my oppinion)

I agree 100%. The difference is quite substantial, I think. Green is way more user-friendly than Surge EQ for obvious reasons (acqua goodies) but the smoothness and depth of Surge EQ is really great.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:24 am

@ RJHollins: Thanks for a very interesting and thorough answer. In the meantime, after I posted my question in this thread I realized that there is a Green 3 version - I only had installed the very first version... - too many EQ's around I guess ;)

@ jpn and Mercado_Negro: thanks to you too, of course!

I revisited the excellent thread by TranscendingMusic and really recommend to check out the differences between Nebula EQs (He has mixed the same song and uploaded one version where he only uses Green, one version with only Honey etc). Here is the link: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=28543
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:30 pm

This is Surge with all bands available in agent , with bypass buttons for all bands too

nebula eq`s doesn't need to be only single band anymore

nebula is cpu demanding though with all bands and have longer loading times, cant compete against acquas there

but the sound of surge, WOW
Attachments
Tim P Surge EQ.png
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Jordi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:13 am

It is spectacular. k great job , I tried to make one for blue 1012. comparir there any way projects made ​​with agent ? or there is somewhere to share ?
Thank you very much
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries