Login

New eq release's surge-eq and tube mid range

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New eq release's with amazing double deal!!!

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:36 am

I wasnt aware a bonus deal was included actually when i bought the surge

Many thanks :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:38 am

Thanks Tim, this is really generous.

I'm also a bit confused about the normal and interpolated programs. The normal ones seem fully sweepable in frequency, Q, and gain. Or did you actually sample in something like 10hz increments?
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:09 am

Yes very small increments but the increments are not really by 10hz throughout but as small increments by movement as l could get for good results on interpolation, it almost looks like it's fully continuous on the stepped versions because there are so many steps... I added a stepped version because it's debatable that it's a tiny bit tighter in sound. But we are talking very subtle, I'll let you guys decide on that. If you look at interpolated versions you'll see how accurate in frequency this release is. This is why we end up with 2016 samples in one preset lol.. Believe me when making that many sweeps of the unit it gets very boring quickly haha, we are probably breaking records on amount of samples here.
The q and gain are interpolated in both versions.

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:I wasnt aware a bonus deal was included actually when i bought the surge

Many thanks :D

Yes I've added it manually to a couple orders because some folks didn't see the offer!! :lol: It happens ;)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks for the info - that's a serious undertaking! Massive sample pool.

Having this available as an option for channel EQ is pretty great.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby RJHollins » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 am

Tonite working on a restoration/mastering of a 'combo-band' recorded [early 1970's]. Keyboards, Bass, and Vocal. Excellent musicians recorded in a Live show.

My guess it was recorded live to a 2-trk, Wollensak tape deck, in a decent acoustic niteclub.

Using many of my Nebula favorites ... MFC consoles, AM-3 compressor, some Fab-Q2 [for problem hunting], and featuring ... SURGE-EQ.

The precision, clarity, depth, detail, and just plain, musicality of this EQ is stunning.

The 'Shelfs' are amazing. I'm needing/using anywhere from 6 to 12 dB of Low Shelf :shock: to reconstruct the bottom foundation. These shelfs are just so clear and tight.

I'm also using a Low Bell, at around 19 Hz, with a controlled Q as a simulated Bandaxdal EQ. Clear and powerful.

Hi Shelf is pure magic. :mrgreen:

Within the spectrum, even subtle 1/2 dB cuts/boost make using algo plugs like FabF boring and lifeless. I end up sub'ing out with SURGE. In fact, I can do wider curves with SURGE, and maintain spectral integrity.

Even though these type of restorations require many Nebula instances, the stacking of SURGE has yet to get cloudy, fuzzy, or over-saturated. In fact, the clarity, transparency, and detail is so natural when A/B'ing the entire processing chain [using Ian Sheppard's Perception plugin].

I know TimP has put a lot of effort into this creation. Maybe a record number of internal samples in these Presets. Covering this entire EQ with only 4 main presets is also a 'workflow' joy. 8-) [thank-you for that].

Kindly ignore my 'beta-tester' moniker, to which I would like to thank TimP for allowing me to be apart of this process, and say that I have a substantial collection of Neb/Acqua products, and over the years have developed favorites and specialties. Outside of my Mastering work, I often test/experiment with different Acqua/Neb libraries as a 'feature' item as a test tool. SURGE-EQ has now been through several mastering sessions ... I can easily make corrections and shapings quickly. From 0.3 cut/boosts, to massive 12+dB re-structuring ... it does it with ease and transparency ... totally musical.

Will I use it on everything ... I don't know :lol: [there is this MR-5 eq which ought to catch the ear-fancy. It is a very different character, and sounds excellent. I happy that it also includes 'clean' presets, because it does bring something to the party, and it is nice to determine how much :P

ok ... break time for me. A short chill-out is due.

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Pedro Martins » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:07 am

Tim, Thank you so much for this
Just one question, MR5 is a good compliment to the EQP1 (Acqua plugin) or is intended to compliment DualTech V2? (or both?)

Thanks in advance

Keep up the good work

Cheers
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:14 am

Yes both it's from the same family...

This one was a silver face model, not sure if there is any difference between blue/green face ones and a silver face.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Pedro Martins » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks for the reply...

It's all clear now.. same family... same behaviour.. let's try them together in chains! (I only have DualTech, so my chain will be DualTech + MR 5... Sure it'll sound amazing!!) :)

Have a nice Sunday!

Cheers!
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jpn » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Pedro Martins wrote:Thanks for the reply...

It's all clear now.. same family... same behaviour.. let's try them together in chains! (I only have DualTech, so my chain will be DualTech + MR 5... Sure it'll sound amazing!!) :)

Have a nice Sunday!

Cheers!

I can assure you'll like to use the full chain.
MR 5 is also great to achieve a beautiful shape in vocals.
jpn

Postby Pedro Martins » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:52 am

Thanks for the tip... :)

'Obrigado'

Abraço
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries