Login

37J classic valve tape machine released!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 37J classic valve tape machine released!

Postby botus99 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:41 am

deehope wrote:Any reaper users know how to split the master buss so you can add seperate plugins to the left and right signal?

First add 2 plugins of each "instance" of 37J you want to add. As you look along the top of the plugin container you'll notice the Preset Window, a '+', 2in/2out, and some other stuff. Click 2 in / 2 out.

On the first plugin of each "instance," disable input/output 2. Do the opposite on the second plugin of the "instance."

Hope that was understandable ;)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:06 am

You'Re awesome man. I really appreciate it.
botus99 wrote:
deehope wrote:Any reaper users know how to split the master buss so you can add seperate plugins to the left and right signal?

First add 2 plugins of each "instance" of 37J you want to add. As you look along the top of the plugin container you'll notice the Preset Window, a '+', 2in/2out, and some other stuff. Click 2 in / 2 out.

On the first plugin of each "instance," disable input/output 2. Do the opposite on the second plugin of the "instance."

Hope that was understandable ;)
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby robschroeder » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:33 am

harmonik wrote:Wondering why the routing workaround is needed for true stereo; didn't AlexB Poolteq achieve true stereo using one instance, or is that because it was an EQ and not using envelope follower?

Keep in mind that Nebula is emulating hardware. Most hardware is in mono, not stereo. As Nebula Envelope can only react to one channel it will control both sides of your stereo signal equally. So this means that every Nebula Library is in this way.

If you want to treat both channels of your stereo signal with the same information go for one instance as the envelope will treat both the same. If you want that Nebula responds differently on both channels split the signal (in your DAW or split stereo files) and use two instances of Nebula. That's it.

I don't have AlexB PoolTeq but from its product description I can't see that it is really true stereo.
Freelance Composer & Producer
Nebula 3 Pro | MFC | 4KC | SP79 | Sum 100a | CAL DL1656 | Silk EQ 259b | 37J Tape | Cadpan | Raybon & Wyte Filters | VNXTe140 | Orange | Green | Pink | Lime
robschroeder
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Heck yeah man. I also created a FXchain for a few combinations of 37J to make it all done in a couple of clicks. Something to consider :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:12 am

Hey Tim, will you be doing anymore Tape libraries?
Martinez

Postby HDNebula » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:54 pm

This library is a new tape (I mean new core8-9 generation), this library has the compressor action of a tape machine? for example with R2R you can get a nice tone but hasn't a compressor behavior like tape.
Another question: how is in comparison to waves j37?
HDNebula
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:58 am

Tim Petherick wrote:Pre emphasis contains full tone information of the channel but you must all use de-emphasis to correct the spectrum and get the softening highs and sat.

These below are the combinations that work.

Pre emphasis >de emphasis saturation (for tape compression sound)

Or

Just Channel (for if you wish to have a more traditional nebula)

To both of the above you can add extra flat instances to
Get a little more drive

At the moment I'm away but as soon as I'm at the computer I'll make some graphs to make it clear. Should be later today.

Hi all, sorry I know Tim answered already, but my half brain is not sure : Is the Channel instance exactly the same as Pre-Emph+De-Emph (in mono) ?
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Martinez wrote:Hey Tim, will you be doing anymore Tape libraries?

Sure why not!

HDNebula wrote:This library is a new tape (I mean new core8-9 generation), this library has the compressor action of a tape machine? for example with R2R you can get a nice tone but hasn't a compressor behavior like tape.
Another question: how is in comparison to waves j37?

This is probably a different approach to previous library's, yes it compresses.
Avgatzeblouz wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:Pre emphasis contains full tone information of the channel but you must all use de-emphasis to correct the spectrum and get the softening highs and sat.

These below are the combinations that work.

Pre emphasis >de emphasis saturation (for tape compression sound)

Or

Just Channel (for if you wish to have a more traditional nebula)

To both of the above you can add extra flat instances to
Get a little more drive

At the moment I'm away but as soon as I'm at the computer I'll make some graphs to make it clear. Should be later today.

Hi all, sorry I know Tim answered already, but my half brain is not sure : Is the Channel instance exactly the same as Pre-Emph+De-Emph (in mono) ?

If you use the regular channel (no pre/post emphasis)
Its still mono, each channel is selected by user.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby harmonik » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:10 am

dennyhellbach wrote:Is it possible to do this in Cubase 8.5 (2 instances on the stereo buss (left and right)? I never heard of it that you can put 2 mono instances on a stereo track and I'm curious. Thanks for the help!

Denny

There's a workaround you can do in Cubase to implement "2 mono instances on the master" without needing metaplugin/patchwork plugin, but it's a bit tedious. Feed your stereo material to a dedicated stereo group track that is not the master (I'll call this "sG1"). Set up two sends on sG1, pre-fader, sending to each of two more stereo group tracks (say "sG-L" and "sG-R"). Turn down the fader on sG1. Put an instance of the free plugin Sonalksis FreeG on each of sG-L and sG-R. Pan sG-L's FreeG hard left; pan sG-R's FreeG hard right. Put a Nebula instance after FreeG on sG-L; repeat for sG-R. Select your desired program in sG-L's Nebula for "L" mono instance; repeat for SG-R's Nebula for "R" mono instance. Route the outputs of sG-L and sG-R to the real master.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Postby farjedi » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Bought this today and just chiming in to say it's great!

Really can change low end (I'm guessing what would be called bloom) and transients in a really pleasing way that seems to improve everything it touches. More depth and sustain.

It softens the highs but not in a I need to grab some eq way that some tapes seems to do.

Pretty amazed that I've got 4 instances for dual mono on a buss and it's registering at 0.35% CPU. Install is ridiculously small as well. How is it possible if not witchcraft? :lol:
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries