Login

The most colorful preamps

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: The most colorful preamps

Postby Shibata » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Its ok, Tim) Yes i also not used timed, because despite lower RTE, the behavior of the different libraries may vary from best to worst. I've start using only internal buffer, because after printing a lot of nebula presets with higher buffer at mixing stage - I noticed that began to lose part of the signal, especially transients.
With lower RTE, more signal is safe. In principle, it is enough for comfortable work, even though I would like to have less signal loss, without a destruction to correct emulation process)
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby kindafishy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:24 pm

Acustica development needs to chime in on this with an official position, please (with respect of course to anyone offering their opinion up to this point).

I have never seen mention anywhere that a change to the internal buffer (DSPBUFFER I assume) has any effect at all on the quality of the library. If this is true, it needs to be common knowledge, not an esoteric secret.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby be a gorilla » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 pm

kindafishy wrote:Acustica development needs to chime in on this with an official position, please (with respect of course to anyone offering their opinion up to this point).

I have never seen mention anywhere that a change to the internal buffer (DSPBUFFER I assume) has any effect at all on the quality of the library. If this is true, it needs to be common knowledge, not an esoteric secret.

+1
7236.Amber.Amethyst.Aquamarine.Blue.Coral.Green.
Magenta.Navy.Pink.Purple.SandFab4.Scarlet.
Titanium.Trinity.Ultramarine.White
be a gorilla

Postby Shibata » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:02 pm

It would be enough normal manual)
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Support » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:10 pm

About which post exactly you need a response from us?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby be a gorilla » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Support wrote:About which post exactly you need a response from us?

does the dsp Buffer Settings in the xml file for Aqua Plugin Change the sound Quality for this Plugin , too?

thanks in Advance
7236.Amber.Amethyst.Aquamarine.Blue.Coral.Green.
Magenta.Navy.Pink.Purple.SandFab4.Scarlet.
Titanium.Trinity.Ultramarine.White
be a gorilla

Postby Support » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:52 pm

be a gorilla wrote:
Support wrote:About which post exactly you need a response from us?

does the dsp Buffer Settings in the xml file for Aqua Plugin Change the sound Quality for this Plugin , too?

thanks in Advance

Buffer is time delay used for give more "room" to CPU for data process without get Lost Audio Buffers (LAB), audio/video host should compensate this delay.

Audio not suffer, and is not changed, due is time delay not phase delay.

Normally 1024 samples of audio buffer in audio interface is consider the standard value, but some audio host has a feature for setup host buffer with a bigger value than the audio interface buffer, normally setting from x2 to x8, and recommend and standard value is x4 (4096 samples).
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:08 pm

This is what I thought - program rate and audio buffer size are two very different things.

Small audio buffer sizes (say 256 samples and under) will need a proportionally higher CPU load, but theoretically shouldn't have any influence on the program quality.

However I'm not sure about Nebulas internal dsp buffer parameter.

Was there anything random or with modulation in these audio tests? Not at my computer now so unable to check.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby kindafishy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Support wrote:Buffer is time delay used for give more "room" to CPU for data process without get Lost Audio Buffers (LAB), audio/video host should compensate this delay.

Audio not suffer, and is not changed, due is time delay not phase delay.

Normally 1024 samples of audio buffer in audio interface is consider the standard value, but some audio host has a feature for setup host buffer with a bigger value than the audio interface buffer, normally setting from x2 to x8, and recommend and standard value is x4 (4096 samples).
Thanks for the clarification, Enrique. If users are finding that the value of the DSPBUFFER is affecting the audio quality (other than having it set to aggressively and taxing the CPU of course), that would represent a bug, and a serious one at that.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Shibata » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Enrique
Normaly, ASIO buffer in audio interface, compensate the latency by host.
But Nebula only one vst who had personal internal buffer and who reacts differently.
Normaly if you render two files with identical settings, and reverse phase in one of them, you'll get zero 0, because the signal is subtracted each other.

Look, i render the tape preset with 128 internal buffer two times, reverse phase and get zero. You see that RME mixer shows -оо ( infinity )
http://i.imgur.com/hGfBxF5.jpg

And if i render one file with 128 and one with 8192 the difference will be obvious. Look at my previous post in this thread. There are screens and audio examples.

So, internal buffer not compensate by host. No matter which. I tried Cubase, Nuendo, Studio one, Digital Performer and in Reaper.
Furthermore, the higher internal buffer, the fastest the rendering and light to CPU and vise versa, which suggests that he is doing less computing at rendering and miss a part of a signal. This is even worse than just lower the sound quality because we lost the raw signal. And my test before with phase show it.

PS: Use standart vst like Ozone 7 full loaded with his modules and render file with my audio interface buffer ( RME AIO ). 128 and my max settings 4096. Reverse phase and get zero.
http://i.imgur.com/ILNXtaD.jpg
So, the internal nebula buffer is unique, although it is not the buffer problem, but RTE which it affect.
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries