Login

Dual Tech v2 Released!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Dual Tech v2 Released!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:12 pm

tyrrell wrote:I have really been enjoying v2!
I love have the harmonics sliders. I would love some opinions/advice on using the odd order harmonics. I know of coarse the easy answer is use your ears but if anyone one would like to offer more I would love to know.

Odd harmonics will give you a more aggressive sound. Note that when you go into clipping you'll automatically start generating more odds. What is quite fun is to create a more asymmetrical clipper by pulling down on the odd and then increasing even, this offsets the clipping creating more asymmetry.Pic below shows asym and a lot of odds from clipping, magically we have a mass of evens. Going from the low end you could end getting all even harmonics possible from 20hz up to 20khz in clipping. That would normally take 100's of kernals (i think actually 1000 kernals for up to 20khz). Only 20 orders are possibly with kernals at this point, which fine from 1khz but 1khz is not music but then again this would only really apply to loud saturation not subtle harmonics.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:
Unfortunately I don't know. The came in for servicing and not sure what they had done to them.

No problem - it's all about the sound anyhow. I'm still curious though, and not to belabor the point, but do you have any idea if they were vintage or new even generally?
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby tyrrell » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:
tyrrell wrote:I have really been enjoying v2!
I love have the harmonics sliders. I would love some opinions/advice on using the odd order harmonics. I know of coarse the easy answer is use your ears but if anyone one would like to offer more I would love to know.

Odd harmonics will give you a more aggressive sound. Note that when you go into clipping you'll automatically start generating more odds. What is quite fun is to create a more asymmetrical clipper by pulling down on the odd and then increasing even, this offsets the clipping creating more asymmetry.Pic below shows asym and a lot of odds from clipping, magically we have a mass of evens. Going from the low end you could end getting all even harmonics possible from 20hz up to 20khz in clipping. That would normally take 100's of kernals (i think actually 1000 kernals for up to 20khz). Only 20 orders are possibly with kernals at this point, which fine from 1khz but 1khz is not music but then again this would only really apply to loud saturation not subtle harmonics.

Thanks for the reply that will be helpful. I was already driving a little and turning up the even harmonics. I haven't driven anything to an extreme yet. but I do love the sound of a snare with some over drive on the right song.
tyrrell
User Level V
User Level V

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries