Login

Dual Tech v2 Released!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Dual Tech v2 Released!!

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:32 am

oh yeah a Tim P cabinet program would be superb from you Tim, your quality is simply amazing, i wold buy it the second you released it if you made one :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:24 pm

I hear ya!! but i've so much to do, I can't possibly make any promises on that at the moment.
just as a note-
I have sampled cabs in the past and not been satisfied. Sometimes fast tonal changes from guitar speakers/sometimes non neg feedback loop in amps, just don't translate well on slower program rates. In other words you need dynamic sampling but it would only sound correct at fast program rates.
In theory you could create a fast program rate version that would likely bring you cpu to it's knees, because of the roll off on the low end you could get away with a kernal length of about 15-20 ms for say a baffled jensen p10r(starts to roll off around 90hz), then use timed mode for speed.

another problem is I don't have all the tools to do it well at this time but if I get the chance a surly will try.

This partly why i'm not a huge fan of traditional preamp sampling, especially for saturating tapes
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Just put a 10k demo up. It's a example of isolated band.

This is a 44.1 demo only, one frequency.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby musicforlife » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:02 am

:D i hope to see a cabinet in the near future ... if you have access to the equipment ... your programs are great and since very few folks dedicate time to sample cabs it would be soo cool to be able to have great programs from different folks... and i do believe many folks would buy in a blink

waitting for more stuff j37 and other possible releases..

keep it up and tks for the reply mate!!

stay well peace!
musicforlife
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Yes but If I do I think I would rather sample a whole chain. The biggest issue is that every amp you put with a single speaker will act differently, as you know guitar amps in general are not very Hifi. They have a hard job trying to control the speaker, especially non negative feedback amps. Speakers will interact differently depending on the amp they are loading to. My vote would be to just sample a entire amp rather than a speaker with a Hifi clean amp.

So if I did if rather sample the whole rig, How does that sound? I mean id probably go for very simple amps with one tone control. Here is a soundcity pa amp that we modified into a guitar amp. http://youtu.be/ADw0-qrnHI4

Something like this would be a good start as it's so simple

Anyway I'm derailing my own thread here lol.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Shibata » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Yes but If I do I think I would rather sample a whole chain. The biggest issue is that every amp you put with a single speaker will act differently, as you know guitar amps in general are not very Hifi. They have a hard job trying to control the speaker, especially non negative feedback amps. Speakers will interact differently depending on the amp they are loading to. My vote would be to just sample a entire amp rather than a speaker with a Hifi clean amp.

Agree with Tim. In 2009 Aeternus Eternus from metal forum sampled the whole signal chain.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/thre ... ms.494247/
For example: LA610 preamp / Shure SM57 / Marshall 9100 / Marshall '74 cab. And it sounded better than isolated part of a chain.
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby ryancost » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Those Aeternus links don't seem to be working - definitely interested in trying these cabs out. Anyone have copies to share?
ryancost
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Shibata » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:46 pm

ryancost wrote:Those Aeternus links don't seem to be working - definitely interested in trying these cabs out. Anyone have copies to share?

All i have.
https://dropmefiles.com/wIbbL
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Shibata wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:Yes but If I do I think I would rather sample a whole chain. The biggest issue is that every amp you put with a single speaker will act differently, as you know guitar amps in general are not very Hifi. They have a hard job trying to control the speaker, especially non negative feedback amps. Speakers will interact differently depending on the amp they are loading to. My vote would be to just sample a entire amp rather than a speaker with a Hifi clean amp.

Agree with Tim. In 2009 Aeternus Eternus from metal forum sampled the whole signal chain.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/thre ... ms.494247/
For example: LA610 preamp / Shure SM57 / Marshall 9100 / Marshall '74 cab. And it sounded better than isolated part of a chain.

Ah cool will check it out. ;-)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby musicforlife » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 pm

I don't think that youre deraling the tread .. you are opening a new product possibility ... i would buy a full signal chain from you if you create a great dynamic program... just like your other stuff...

if nebula could distort like a real amp... man ... it would be awesome but you can sample the amp into distortion just to activate the behaviour of the amp into speaker and we could reproduce this approach using our real pedals or vst pedals before your programs...

fore example ... a clean preset for clean sounds and a overdrive preset program to use with our pedals driving the front end of the whole chain... that could work?

if you try something like that i will buy... only if you find that the program work as you expect and quality wise attend your expectation..that already are high enough for me and other folks...
musicforlife
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries