AlexB: Feel-Tek MK3 (mix mastering eQ)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB: Feel-Tek MK3 (mix mastering eQ)

Postby AlexB » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Hello,
the Feel-Tek MK3 library released !!!

Vintage Feels.
Originally designed in the 1970´s the MK3 was first built and distributed only by the Swiss based company. Later the design was copied and licensed as an eq design for Danner Cassettes. All circuitry for the MK3 is high quality and built according to the standards of the IRT (Institute für Rundfunktechnik). MK3 follows a long tradition of fine vintage broadcast modules. In the beginning these modules were built for radio stations exclusively due to their high factory price. Years later they found their way into recording studios around the world as used and now affordable gear. The MK3 equalizers are fully transformer-balanced.

. Two units sampled: aged and refurbished *
. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. High Pass/Low Pass Filter combo -18dB/oct from 80 to 800Hz / 5 to 15kHz
. Bell Filter stepped from 50 to 400Hz +/- 16dB variable Q from 1 to 3
. Bell Filter stepped from 400Hz to 2.2kHz +/- 16dB variable Q from 1 to 3
. Bell Filter stepped from 2.2 to 18kHz +/- 16dB variable Q from 1 to 3
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

*Note:
Two units has been sampled in pair for real stereo use, every unit has been sampled two times.

The first sampling is of the unit is in it’s original aged conditions. This status gives a degraded sound (aged) with less frequency response, less dynamics response, less harmonic contents, less stereo depth and stereo image. This sound is erroneously considered “vintage”, when in reality it's "aged" due to the degradation of the electronic components. This degradation happens after 15-20 years of life.

The second sampling is of the unit completely refurbished and returned to the original as new conditions. This technical intervention restores the unit to the original sound and it can then rightfully be called “vintage”. It's the same sound you can listen on thousands old hit records.
The most critical, and most difficult task is to refurbish the unit without making changes to the original character and sound. This is achieved by the thoughtful choice of the right electronic components, and expert skills and experience in electronic engineering.

The aged sound can be a very useful fix to some badly recorded, harsh and digital tracks, but a nice recording will shine with the vintage sound. It is, however, possible to effectively and creatively use the aged version on nicely recorded tracks to impart some specific color if desired (art is subjective, after all).

Please, check the website and download the user manual and try the Demo, it has the same audio quality and performance of the commercial releases but with some restrictions.

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

Thank you, all the best ! 8-)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB: Feel-Tek MK3 (mix mastering eQ)

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:28 pm

Yes Yes Yes yes yes !!!!!!!!!

The bundle of aged and refurbished versions are an amazing gift !!
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWANG » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi Alex. Thanks for the email, and congrats on the new releases. I can't find the Feel-Tek on your site. Am I blind? Lol...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:57 pm

SWANG wrote:Hi Alex. Thanks for the email, and congrats on the new releases. I can't find the Feel-Tek on your site. Am I blind? Lol...

Here you go

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/ale ... alizer.htm
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Congratulations, Alex- looks great!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWANG » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Thank you! :D
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Brian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 am

Great! I've always been very curious to use the HW but never worked in a room with any.

Cheers for the true stereo and aged/true vintage options Alex!
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby Shibata » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Fantastic eq, Alex!
Also, the most better sounding nebula eq in my work, among all eq, that i have is youre Pultec EQP-1A. Is there a chance that you will sample MEQ-5 and HLF-3C modules? It would be a complete collection. Or you are already in the process of V2?)
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:32 pm

I just used it on a mastering session. It was a pop beat by a producer from Spain. I also mixed it a couple of days ago. He loved the mix but asked me if I could give it more "shine" on the master, you know the classic pop sound nowadays with the kick pumping in your chest and prominent highs. The Filtek MKIII did the job brilliantly (I used the "R" version for that polished sound he was looking for).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ekkord » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:44 am

So the "S" version is the refurbished?
ekkord
User Level I
User Level I

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries