Login

Nebula and Agent feedback

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Nebula and Agent feedback

Postby Will The Weirdo » Sat May 28, 2016 6:52 am

Ok folks, Jfjer and I need some input.

We are working together to make custom Agent presets that will be able to load with any Nebula and Agent user. Thus making an Acqua like plugin within Agent possible with just a preset. This would give us Nebula sound quality with an Acqua type workflow, and everyone would be compatible with each other. So my Alex B PoolTeQ and your Alex B PoolTeQ would be the same, using one preset.

It is a 2 step process to make this work. We've had success in testing so it should work 100%.
Step one is a custom Nebula Setup with skin.
Step two is a custom Agent preset and skin.
Will be around 20MB in size.

We are looking for feedback about the Nebula setups part, but open to any thoughts in general.

Should we use the default OVERWRITEME.N2S skin for every setup, making it easily compatible with every user? Or should we assign a different skin with every Setup, helping to make a standard where anybody who uses them would get the Agent preset but also compatibility with other Nebula users studio's using the setups we are making..... thus providing true session compatibility between any studio's using our Nebula Setups a reality.

It will be a simple, place the right files in the right folders, and you load up the Alex B PoolTeQ, or Blue 1102, or MFQ.... as long as you own the libraries, Nebula and Agent. We're pretty far along in our testing and we've got it working, we just want your feedback.

Any thoughts?

If you are not sure of what we are talking about with Agent, look here.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... a-s-3.html
Attachments
Screenshot POOLTeQ.png
Last edited by Will The Weirdo on Sat May 28, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.2, Reaper 5, Live 9.6

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase
Will The Weirdo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Nebula and Agent feedback

Postby Dimzo » Sat May 28, 2016 8:27 am

Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mirco » Sat May 28, 2016 10:41 am

Hi Will,

the link in your post isn't working. Can you repost it ?

Thanks!
Mirco
Mirco

Postby markgalup » Sat May 28, 2016 11:20 am

Good to hear this, Will. I would say the OVERWRITEME skin seems to make the most sense and be universal, and thus will give you the least headaches in dealing with users :))

I have to admit, I've been planning to get into this as well. I'll see what I end up coming up with and if I can potentially be of assistance, I'll reach out to you guys.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby Brian » Sat May 28, 2016 11:27 am

+1 for the default skin. One less thing for everyone to think about.

I wouldn't try too hard to keep compatibility across plain Nebula Setups workflows and Agent workflows. It's just going to lead to more headaches eventually. I feel like end users are going to have quite a lot of disparity among their Setups configurations / preferences anyway.

And proper thanks to you both for taking the initiative to make the UX better for everyone!
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby Will The Weirdo » Sat May 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Mirco wrote:Hi Will,

the link in your post isn't working. Can you repost it ?

Thanks!
Mirco

Link was fixed and I added a screenshot.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.2, Reaper 5, Live 9.6

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase
Will The Weirdo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby botus99 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:29 pm

This seems really cool! I only just started using Agent, and it's made me fall in love with some older EQ libraries that I've been neglecting recently. And the CPU saving is freaking voodoo as far as I'm concerned!

Personally, I would much rather see dedicated skins and setups where possible instead of OVERWRITEME and a non-Nebula Setups version. I have a LOT of Nebula libraries that I've built up over the years and have made lots of Nebula Setups to combat loading times of sessions and Nebula itself. Because of that, I obviously started using dedicated skins for libraries when they were available.

Basically, I don't want to wait 10mins for a session to load just because there are possibly 100's of instances of Nebula within different Agents... all taking forever to load because they are loading ALL my libraries...

Hope I didn't misinterpret/misrepresent what you were saying Will, but those are my opinions :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Sun May 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi!
Very good initiative! I vote for standard Nebula overwriteme skin, one less thing to worry about.

Main thing in my opinion:
I really miss bigger and better fonts in Agent. The Aqcua plugins have become much better in this department recently. So if you can speak directly to the developer of Nyrv Agent, it would be a huge improvement.

I have made some Agent instances, and it's great to load AlexB's S*L 4k EQ with all bands available - but it take a lot of time to make one such instance, so I really applaud your effort and initiative - thanks again :D

One idea: JPN has contributed a lot to this community by giving us very nice skins. Perhaps he would be willing to contribute to this project too? Just a thought!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to 3rd party libraries