Login

Console sample rate effects?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Console sample rate effects?

Postby Barendse » Tue May 24, 2016 10:15 pm

cdsoundmaster wrote:The internal src in the NebPro engine works very well.

It works well. Not very well. After several tests I decided to skip nebula src completely.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue May 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Barendse wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote:The internal src in the NebPro engine works very well.

It works well. Not very well. After several tests I decided to skip nebula src completely.

I've compared across the board to external and software src- it does an excellent job. What method are you comparing based upon, and for what type of program preset?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Wed May 25, 2016 7:41 pm

I did use the same programs sampled at 44.1 and 96 in several 44.1 mix sessions. Difference after rendering wasn't night and day but I noticed some quality loss. So since I'm mixing at 44.1 and some developpers do offer great programs sampled at 44.1 it's easy for me to avoid Nebula src. Sounds best to me.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 pm

I understand what you are saying, and I also understand convenience side. But, I can vouch that there is not an issue of quality loss. Difference- makes sense for a long list of reasons, but yes I understand :-)

Barendse wrote:I did use the same programs sampled at 44.1 and 96 in several 44.1 mix sessions. Difference after rendering wasn't night and day but I noticed some quality loss. So since I'm mixing at 44.1 and some developpers do offer great programs sampled at 44.1 it's easy for me to avoid Nebula src. Sounds best to me.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 25, 2016 11:07 pm

I know its been talked about ...

I purchased many CDS libraries in the past ... they are all excellent quality.

Still, I would be willing to pay for native 44.1k versions. Not because of SRC, but loading times. Even though I have a 5820k new PC, each additional NEBULA instance adds to the overall.

The only one that flies ... CDS 'Mastering Suite' ... which is a great library [native 44.1].

.... would be most welcomed, and purchased.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries