Login

33% off Tim P selected comps (over)and news!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 33% off Tim P selected comps and news!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:51 am

RJHollins wrote:Tim ... one issue noticed :o The assignment of the sliders is starting at the 3rd slider/fader :| , but the 1st three faders go to mid-position after loading a preset. Something not quite right there.

back to testing :)

I don't see it as a problem...the first 2 are blank so it doesn't matter where they default to. And the third is gain, it defaults to half-way but that's zero (it is a boost and cut). What am I missing RJ?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 am

The sliders start on 3 because it's easier to make a skin with useful separate menu knobs.... Jpn requested for a good reason.

By the way this is a beta, the two first sliders just need to be re-zeroed, very easy to do with a patch, any issues I can rectify for release :-) the hardest part is out of the way, which was to organise around 4000 + samples per sample rate and debug lol, I say probably never again haha

The plan is to offer a nice introductory for this, with a unknown release. Hopefully we will have it ready very soon!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Will The Weirdo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:19 am

Oh yeah , count me in on this! If you need more beta testers Tim, PM me. When are you planning on releasing it?

Also, any ETA on the Sta Level? I have a whole lot of songs to mix pretty soon and a Nebula Gates would seriously rock on some vocals.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.2, Reaper 5, Live 9.6

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase
Will The Weirdo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:57 am

richie43 wrote:
RJHollins wrote:Tim ... one issue noticed :o The assignment of the sliders is starting at the 3rd slider/fader :| , but the 1st three faders go to mid-position after loading a preset. Something not quite right there.

back to testing :)

I don't see it as a problem...the first 2 are blank so it doesn't matter where they default to. And the third is gain, it defaults to half-way but that's zero (it is a boost and cut). What am I missing RJ?

Well ... after TimP's explaination, the order of the faders start position has been explained. Making the 'active' faders ONLY, move into neutral position is an 'easy' fix.

Other than that .... just trying to 'earn my strips' as a beta-tester for TimP :P

:lol:

Thank-you Tim 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 am

I'm going to buy this the moment it is released because I do not have what would be considered a surgical eq nor do I know what exactly to use it on. I may have the misconception of needing golden ears in order to be able to pick out the exact frequency that needs a narrow Q and target that frequency that makes the track, mix, master. Very much looking forward to playing with this when it is ready for purchase as it seems it can do broader frequency ranges as well.
mtalavera

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:46 am

SURGE-EQ is showing that it can do very broad to narrow [all within the same preset via Q control].

These narrow bands are great for setting back those 'nasty bands'.

I still need to look at 'phase-analysis' to verify ... but initial testing sounds really good.

We have a few other Nebs and ACQUA eq's that can do narrow Q's, but TimP has something secial going with this, that I'm still studying.

As to usuage ... some use a narrow Q, with added gain, as a 'focus' to identify the 'nasty'. Once located, proceed to apply cutting/lowing. Many times, only a few dB cut is all that's needed to suppress the annoyance and still maintain a 'natural' sound.

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:36 am

I'm really happy to see you doing this one , Tim.

Love these units. Aside from mastering or mix bus shaping , these are just awesome for keyboard or guitar submixes.

Try one of these on a heavy distorted guitar bus. 4k or N style channel EQs are often too sharp or resonant and aggressive, which works well if the sound still needs that. In cases where there's plenty of anger and bite already, the 8200 can tame any fizziness and get a really smooth 2-4kHz range and super tight bottom.

I used to use the HW with one side on kick and the other on lead vocal as well...really great for notching out resonances and adding a tight bottom and glassy top.

Having more than 2 channels is an exciting prospect.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:27 pm

any ETA release on surge eq and sta level ? :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Just waiting on final skins and we are ready to go!

A special surprise on the way too...(not sta Level)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:42 pm

wow, thats great , i bet its the surge eq that needs the skins
i hope im right on this hehe

and any surprises from you Tim Petherick is very welcome, very very exiting :)

i really appreciate your hard work :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries