Login

CDS releases the ACC Classic American Console !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDS releases the ACC Classic American Console !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 am

It is unbelievable what a beginner studio budget gets you these days. You could have an entire setup today, free software to get going, best eq's in the box, and 4 channels of N**e and A*I equivalent pre's for the cost of a beginner 8 track reel to reel compared to when I started! My first outboard midi sequencer was made by Brother for 32 'tracks' syched to tape and that cost $200 not to mention the floppy disks!!!
I am thankful for the ability to translate these remarkable original consoles into our ITB world! :-)

Brian wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote: I think today we look at more ram in a similar way studios used to look at more channels-lol.

Hah! We're pretty spoiled by such a high ROI in this case.

I used the Tonebeast alongside the 3124, a pair of 1084s, HV-3D, and The Ribbon Pre for my last drun tracking session. It sounded as good as anything and I ended up putting the snare through it. One cool feature it has is simultaneous outputs to XLR and 1/4" , so I tracked the snare with parallel compression through a 2264.

Anyway, best wishes for your libraries and nice to see you releasing strong libraries again!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby farjedi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 am

I've been playing with the demo for a while and it's really one of my favourite Console/Preamp programs to date. It's really hard to tell exactly why, but I just like it whenever I fling it on something. It just sounds better to me. I think it could be the way it 'soaks' the bass up a bit and gives a 'centre/depth' to the audio, which is kind of what I get from analog gear in general. It's a subtle thing but then again it's not. It's the difference between the sound staying in one place, focussed in the stereo field and then pure digital is more kind of smeary less able to pin point sounds. Bass flabs around etc.

I am talking headphone listening here btw.

So I treated myself to the full library.

I'm probably rambling on as if I've never used Nebula before, I actually have a lot of Consoles and, at least the one's I have, I've not noticed that effect quite as pronounced before, bearing in mind I'm only using a couple of instances on an already mixed backing track. I'm excited to use this with Nebula man over individual tracks, I'm sure the results will be even more discernible.

It's well worth checking the generous full quality demo out, I'm getting good results with this set.

Cheers
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am

why cant i see or find your latest console releases in CDS store without going through the links in AA forum ?

i just wanted to mention it because many Nebula users will not know that the new consoles exist if they don't appear in the store

all are not forum addicts like me hehe :)

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Mon May 02, 2016 10:47 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:why cant i see or find your latest console releases in CDS store without going through the links in AA forum ?

i just wanted to mention it because many Nebula users will not know that the new consoles exist if they don't appear in the store

Cheers

+1 - This was exactly my experience just now, but fortunately I am a forum addict as well and remembered seeing it here lol
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby markgalup » Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 am

Just put the free demo on a few tracks of a mix. Wow - this sounds fantastic. Loaded with vibe, incredible frequency balance, and huge increase in depth/ third dimension. Will be purchasing right away. Congrats on this fine release!

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 pm

markgalup wrote:Just put the free demo on a few tracks of a mix. Wow - this sounds fantastic. Loaded with vibe, incredible frequency balance, and huge increase in depth/ third dimension. Will be purchasing right away. Congrats on this fine release!

MG

Thank you so much! I absolutely love this console.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:29 am

Hi Guys- page is updated now! :-)
The CDS Nebula Program Library Page is now up to date:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/nebulasoftware.html

markgalup wrote:
jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:why cant i see or find your latest console releases in CDS store without going through the links in AA forum ?

Cheers

+1 - This was exactly my experience just now, but fortunately I am a forum addict as well and remembered seeing it here lol
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries