Login

CDS releases the ACC Classic American Console !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CDS releases the ACC Classic American Console !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:38 pm

I am pleased to present the ACC American Classic Console Collection for Nebula Pro !!!

This is an original generation 70's "ACC" from the original designers, with its original 2520 op-amps, transformers, and "A" series eq modules.

Please visit for more details:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/ACC-console-Neb.html

Previous customers have received an email. Please email me at mangelarts@aol.com if you have not received your customer discount.

Thanks so much and God Bless You,
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: CDS releases the ACC Classic American Console !!!

Postby SMaus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:40 am

Great! Has anybody compared this thing with AlexB’s A16?
SMaus
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby emilieitor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:12 pm

They aren´t the same mixing console model, the new Cdsoundmaster library maybe is about a old Ap* 2488 or 3288 and Alex library is a about a more modern Ap* 1608.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:21 am

Correct- they are 2 different flavors of the same wonderful sound.

This one is a unique 76 or 77 2520 op-amp, original xfo, original 500 "A", which I believe in this console would be considered the 500 A-1 because of the original engineers and their design. 24 x 16 x 14 as opposed to the more common 32 x 16 x 24 and the soon-after 48.

The current and earlier 1608's are incredible as well, and consistent with the 3 channel outboards I have heard.

Sometime down the line I plan to do a collection of my other single channel A*I with my lundahl transformers and favorite collection of op-amps. You will hear the range of personality change from the original Melcor all the way to a modern Jensen-based John Hardy 990C. It will make a nice complement to this console, but I LOVE the heritage and sound of this ACC desk!!! It is probably the best console eq from the series as well- coming soon :-)

emilieitor wrote:

They aren´t the same mixing console model, the new Cdsoundmaster library maybe is about a old Ap* 2488 or 3288 and Alex library is a about a more modern Ap* 1608.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 am

Truly, the early 550As are fantastic EQs. Sweet sound in the upper mids and highs, but can totally transform the input when cranked.

The opamp collection sounds interesting too. I had a Warm Audio Tonebeast for a while which was my first unit with hot switchable amps and transformers. Very informative to use on a variety of recordings.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby SMaus » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 am

Well, I'll have to try it out then I guess...
SMaus
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Yes totally!
Interesting on the Warm Audio. I've been interested in how well the Warm Audio A*I's hold up. There's no reason they can't be an awesome sounding pre w/built in power and it is great for up and comers entering a market to be able to get sound similar to classic N**e and A*I as such low costs. For a very long time, Old School Audio and Vintech were the only 2 options to save a few hundred on either. I think today we look at more ram in a similar way studios used to look at more channels-lol.

Brian wrote:Truly, the early 550As are fantastic EQs. Sweet sound in the upper mids and highs, but can totally transform the input when cranked.

The opamp collection sounds interesting too. I had a Warm Audio Tonebeast for a while which was my first unit with hot switchable amps and transformers. Very informative to use on a variety of recordings.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:16 am

cdsoundmaster wrote: I think today we look at more ram in a similar way studios used to look at more channels-lol.

Hah! We're pretty spoiled by such a high ROI in this case.

I used the Tonebeast alongside the 3124, a pair of 1084s, HV-3D, and The Ribbon Pre for my last drun tracking session. It sounded as good as anything and I ended up putting the snare through it. One cool feature it has is simultaneous outputs to XLR and 1/4" , so I tracked the snare with parallel compression through a 2264.

Anyway, best wishes for your libraries and nice to see you releasing strong libraries again!
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby deehope » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:41 pm

This may be exactly what I was looking for. I tried sampling my capi vp28 and vc528 and was hoping someone would come out with those but this should be even better as that's what those preamps were based off of.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Dee- YES! The VP's are fantastic and very similar to the 1969-1978 512 preamp section/2520 depending on the op-amp options chosen. The one that was most commonly available when I studied them was based very close to the original Melcor.
You will love the ACC. (I believe the 'alliance' had the parts for a very similar summing section of these original consoles as well if memory serves correct).
deehope wrote:This may be exactly what I was looking for. I tried sampling my capi vp28 and vc528 and was hoping someone would come out with those but this should be even better as that's what those preamps were based off of.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries