Login

CDS S4E Classic Console Now Available !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CDS S4E Classic Console Now Available !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:58 am

I am pleased to release the S4E Classic Console!

The S4E is considered by many the undisputed champion of top-40 hits in the 80's, and it is easy to understand why with its smooth, subtle, pop/commercial-friendly vibe. You may come to the same "Logical" conclusion about the great sound of this "Solid State" super console.

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/S4E-CONSOLE-Neb.html

This collection provides two separate channels, each with its own line input and mic input full signal chain path, with and without eq circuitry engaged, the buss group, and main outs!

CDS Customers- you have received a direct link to your $10 discount via email. Please email me at mangelarts@aol.com if you need your discount link or did not receive an email.

Thanks so much and God Bless You!
Michael
CDS
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: CDS S4E Classic Console Now Available !!!

Postby SWANG » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:24 am

awesome, michael! :D

do you plan on offering the corresponding eq strip of this console at some point? still using your tride-n-tru console quite a lot these days. i usually pair it up with your adq library. thinking of picking up the amk as well. ah, so much good stuff!
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:28 am

Hi Swang,
Yes! :-)

I am releasing one more full console first, and then there will be some eq's coming- I have not decided an order of events.
Many exciting things to come!

I'm so glad the AD's are still getting use. Still among my fav's too!

The 9098 and 115HD are amazing sounding.
Thank you for keeping an eye open!!!

SWANG wrote:awesome, michael! :D

do you plan on offering the corresponding eq strip of this console at some point? still using your tride-n-tru console quite a lot these days. i usually pair it up with your adq library. thinking of picking up the amk as well. ah, so much good stuff!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWANG » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:57 am

^sweet! thanks for the quick reply. happy nebulizing! :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:27 pm

I know that many people will ask themselves "what's the difference between this and AlexB's 4KC?" I'll be brutally honest, they're VERY similar. This S4E version is actually a bit more "transparent" than AlexB's, you can barely hear it working. With AlexB's you put it in all your tracks, buses and master bus and say "yeah, there's that extra 5% I was looking for". With this S4E you think the same but it's not a 5%, more like 3% :D

As usual, you can expect punch and forward-sounding transients as well as solid bottom end. You have a couple of channels from the console, Line and Mic. With and without the EQ section engaged so it's 8 of them. Enough for adding variation to the mix and it will be better once Michael release the EQs because you'll be able to choose channels without the EQ section engaged and then use the EQs for a closer emulation.

My advice: if you love the S*L consoles and their EQs then you'll appreciate this library even if you already have AlexB's. If you don't decide to get it because you already own the 4KC that's fine too, you already have an amazing S*L console there. Either way you can't go wrong.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Brian » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:54 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:My advice: if you love the S*L consoles and their EQs then you'll appreciate this library even if you already have AlexB's. If you don't decide to get it because you already own the 4KC that's fine too, you already have an amazing S*L console there. Either way you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the review and comparison - I was wondering about this since 4k is one of my favorite sounds.

It seems this one has a lot of variety with the various channel configurations.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Brian wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:My advice: if you love the S*L consoles and their EQs then you'll appreciate this library even if you already have AlexB's. If you don't decide to get it because you already own the 4KC that's fine too, you already have an amazing S*L console there. Either way you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the review and comparison - I was wondering about this since 4k is one of my favorite sounds.

It seems this one has a lot of variety with the various channel configurations.

Yes, it's one of my favorite as well. Everytime I use the 4KC I do most of the basic equalization with the 4KeQ BLK when preparing my session for mixing (HPF, LPF, boost/cut here and there, etc). Before it was the 4KeQ BRN but I switched when Alessandro released the black knob version. I'm waiting for these new 4k EQs Michael is working on to do the same. I have a feeling it will be really nice to pair the console and the EQ in this case because the sound is really really polished on this one.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:21 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:
Yes, it's one of my favorite as well. Everytime I use the 4KC I do most of the basic equalization with the 4KeQ BLK when preparing my session for mixing (HPF, LPF, boost/cut here and there, etc). Before it was the 4KeQ BRN but I switched when Alessandro released the black knob version. I'm waiting for these new 4k EQs Michael is working on to do the same. I have a feeling it will be really nice to pair the console and the EQ in this case because the sound is really really polished on this one.

Black EQ is great, especially on drums and bass. Tight, clean, punchy. For guitars and keys or vocals I still like Brown curves for some reason.

Any idea which EQ cards Michael is sampling?
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:01 pm

... the answer coming soon! :-)

Brian wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:

Black EQ is great, especially on drums and bass. Tight, clean, punchy. For guitars and keys or vocals I still like Brown curves for some reason.

Any idea which EQ cards Michael is sampling?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to 3rd party libraries