Login

CDS releases the N-10-7T3 Classic British Console !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDS releases the N-10-7T3 Classic British Console !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am

The N-TEN-AT4?

The N-TEN-AT4 is a single channel from its console with fully dynamic eq, where the 7T3 is a 'console' collection, with line and mic ins, buss and mains, all fixed dynamic spectrum and harmonic distortion, not dynamic control of eq.

Line and mic are with eq in and out, and two separate channels to give variation.

Difference of sound and character- very very similar. The 1084 comes from a few years later but still very, very similar. The first iteration of the console used a prototype eq that is not available in any other design. The first eq that was repeated in another design is the '7T3'...1073. It is a simpler circuit but almost identical in eq character. The 1084 is a tiny bit smoother, slightly wider slope on eq, but preamps have extremely similar shape with and without the eq circuit (same famous rounded slope in the extreme highs).

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:what would be interesting to me is how this compares to the N14
i have no clue if this will be more useful than the N14 to me
what would the differences be ?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you so much!
I'm looking forward to spending some real music time with it!
It's amazing how you start to hear everything in "N**e" after a few days of processing! :-)

ceemusic wrote:Congrats on the release Michael.
I've been working with it all day, sounds great; clean open vibe, 3d & punch.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun May 08, 2016 3:17 pm

no i meant how it compares to alex b N14
whats the difference, are they close or very different ? :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Sun May 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Well I don´t know how close they could be, but both Alex and Michael are great developers and sometimes (like about pultec) they sample different units of same gear, but:

1 - the units are not exactly the same, because is impossible for even two brand new units to be 100% the same and because along the years the components have been living different lives or even maybe any components could have been restored.

2 - the hand of the developer is not the same, both being golden hands. The idea of how the sound must be can differ from one developer to another. Both have good sonic goals but different tastes.

So I think the two "consoles" will be very N**eish but maybe with different characters. I tried both pultecs and this is true for them

I am not a pro but it could be useful any comment from any expert here about it.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Very well stated, Babiuk.
Alex does an excellent job with his work.
This is a fairly clean, but early- original board for the 7T3 console and the eq, but I still sampled to push the harmonics to get the response I like. It is slightly cleaner than the consoles that I used for the NTEN-AT4 which makes me happy, but even those two have a bigger variation between the, than I believe between the two 73 between Alex and myself.
Truly every channel even brand new AMS out of the box have small variations, but more so- the most important aspect to me is the difference between eq in vs eq out. On a single console channel- the eq imposes a nice subtle change in shape and harmonics. It is characteristic of other consoles as well but each different also bc of the relationship between the inductors and the input transformer, and input level.

If one has the money to do so, I recommend Alex 73 along with mine, and even more with the 1084 channel and his 1081 (I believe that is the one Alex did). All from the same year range and style range but with nice subtle differences.

babiuk wrote:Well I don´t know how close they could be, but both Alex and Michael are great developers and sometimes (like about pultec) they sample different units of same gear, but:

1 - the units are not exactly the same, because is impossible for even two brand new units to be 100% the same and because along the years the components have been living different lives or even maybe any components could have been restored.

2 - the hand of the developer is not the same, both being golden hands. The idea of how the sound must be can differ from one developer to another. Both have good sonic goals but different tastes.

So I think the two "consoles" will be very N**eish but maybe with different characters. I tried both pultecs and this is true for them

I am not a pro but it could be useful any comment from any expert here about it.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries