Login

Mix On Headphones

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Mix On Headphones

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:52 am

Breen:
You said that you read the EULA?

I just installed the demo so I( could read the licensing, and there is some very explicit language that would indicate that you may have crossed a few lines. Read the stuff about intellectual property and reverse engineering. Just sayin'......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby spunkmuffin » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:23 am

RE301 wrote:With this mix on headphones library - I'm curious what this, in fact, does?

Is there some kind of compensation for the spatial weirdness of headphones as compared to using monitors?

I would actually be interested in something like this as I now have to work a lot using headphones due to noise issues..

I have a good set of 'cans' Beyer Dynamic Dt-250, so I am wondering about what kind of benefits / enhancements the library adds to the headphone way of working?

I don't think that this does any spatial processing, only equalisation.

Take a look at the new Waves Nx. It mimics monitor spatial acoustics in headphones. You could use it along with Breens EQ. It's interesting but not sure it would really help mixing. I think EQ-ing headphone frequency response flat is more important. If anybody has tried it please comment.

www.waves.com/plugins/nx

Waves Nx Review - Headphone Mixing Plugin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFZ3GquYR8
spunkmuffin
User Level V
User Level V

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:41 am

I just bought the Waves NX and i have SonarWorks too, i don't
know nothing yet. And i also have the one from Tone Boosters.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:47 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I just bought the Waves NX and i have SonarWorks too, i don't

I never mix on headphones.... Ha.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Breen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:02 am

richie43 wrote:Breen:

I said no, I did't. I did not see it when installing SW and can not find any on my computer. If you have one, please, send it to me.
Breen
User Level II
User Level II

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:49 am

spunkmuffin wrote:
RE301 wrote:With this mix on headphones library - I'm curious what this, in fact, does?

Is there some kind of compensation for the spatial weirdness of headphones as compared to using monitors?

I would actually be interested in something like this as I now have to work a lot using headphones due to noise issues..

I have a good set of 'cans' Beyer Dynamic Dt-250, so I am wondering about what kind of benefits / enhancements the library adds to the headphone way of working?

I don't think that this does any spatial processing, only equalisation.

Take a look at the new Waves Nx. It mimics monitor spatial acoustics in headphones. You could use it along with Breens EQ. It's interesting but not sure it would really help mixing. I think EQ-ing headphone frequency response flat is more important. If anybody has tried it please comment.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/nx

Waves Nx Review - Headphone Mixing Plugin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFZ3GquYR8

i think the sonarworks software works fantastic actually
i do own the software so i have been using it for at least a year now , its actually no problem to get good mixes with flat cans, i have used cans for so long now that i prefer the cans over my monitors hehe

i probably use my monitors more when i get the speaker calibration

i haven't tried the nebula sonarworks samples yet, i have to have 44.1 for that but the software will give you much more options, and even if the nebula is very close it will not be spot on, spot on will get you better results :)

try the trial against the sample if you are using the sample

instead of buying another regular headset calibration license which im against
right now since i already have it
i will instead buy a set of pre calibrated headphones from sonarworks at a later time
to get as accurate and flat headset i can possibly get :)

i do not have waves nx but if its only eq curves wouldn't it be very easy to clone it with waves own q clone hehe

its on sale right now though and 49 dollars ain't bad if its a good software,
me im so used to mix dry with sonarworks im not sure i need it
would absolutely be cool if someone who uses it could comment on how it is in use :)

Cheers :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Breen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:56 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:well make the 44.1 and if its really close to my SW software i will donate :)

44.1kHz presets are ready
Breen
User Level II
User Level II

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:32 pm

richie43 wrote:
basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I just bought the Waves NX and i have SonarWorks too, i don't

I never mix on headphones.... Ha.

I don't either as full mixing but need to check sometimes.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jimiyves » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Breen wrote:
jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:well make the 44.1 and if its really close to my SW software i will donate :)

44.1kHz presets are ready

Where ?
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Breen wrote:
richie43 wrote:Breen:

I said no, I did't. I did not see it when installing SW and can not find any on my computer. If you have one, please, send it to me.

The EULA is displayed when you are installing it. In fact, you checked the box that says that you read it and agreed with it while installing...We all get so used to clicking those boxes that we forget that MAYBE we should read it. Run the installer again and read it, you do indeed have it.
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries