Mix On Headphones

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Mix On Headphones

Postby Breen » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:im also thinking maybe q clone from waves
could clone sw software since its no harmonics involved
im pretty sure that is legal too

I've tried - Q-clone doesn't make the same quality.
Breen
User Level II
User Level II

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:43 am

ok, so Nebula rules even for clean capture with no harmonics, cool :D
i actually hate using waves anyways so i take the nebula version of SnR Werks any day :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby glesne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:57 am

what about 88 and 96 ? :oops:
Sound & graphic design

Reaper 5.28 / Imac late 2013 / osx 10.9.5 / Intel core I7 3.1ghz / 16Go ram / SSD250Go / Navy, White, Ochre, Pink compressors, Tan, Neb3 & NebSetup
glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Postby oøt » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:47 am

If the Sonarworks plugin was sampled in four sample rates, all headphones, given away for free here, it would completely replace the plugin. Would you like telling the guys at Sonarworks face to face, that you use their work for free?
oøt
User Level III
User Level III

Postby glesne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:49 am

I don't think it replaces the plugin. The eq curves are just average curves for headphones. If you want precise profiling, you must send your headphones to have a more precise correction. The curve you get with the software are just the "entry-level correction". If you're looking for a 100% accurate solution, you'll have to send your headphone to get real curves.

If there is the 44 why not the others ? It's all or nothing regarding ethics IMO. The borders are partially crossed already. BTW if you want s*n*w*r*k for free, trust me you'll find it. :?
Sound & graphic design

Reaper 5.28 / Imac late 2013 / osx 10.9.5 / Intel core I7 3.1ghz / 16Go ram / SSD250Go / Navy, White, Ochre, Pink compressors, Tan, Neb3 & NebSetup
glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am

nope, it would not completely replace the plug in, the software has many features that im sure its not sampled
because that would result in a awful lot of presets

what i don't get is why so many people in here is considering sampling of a freaking software is so much worse than sampling HW that cost incredible much more money

and as we all know nebula community is very small compared to the rest of plug in users in the world so its not like SW will go broke or something

and the speaker calibration they sell cant be replaced as far as i know, and i think more people are using that actually

and if you want the best calibration for your headset you actually have to do individual calibration from sonarworks for your specific headset
or you can buy a already calibrated headset directly from them

why so much moral on software but none on HW
i just don't get it

and it might not have happened if sonarworks had at least provided us with 2 licenses when we buy the software in the first place

but no we have to buy a new one if we want to use it on two computers

if its not against the law stop pointing fingers

and stop using acuastica products wile you are at it cause i don't see the difference, did not the guys who built the original HW that we use in nebula use just as much time and money to build the HW ?

just to make it clear im not against sampling
i embrace this tech and love acustica products

but i really dont see sampling software any different or worse than sampling HW

Peace
Last edited by jfjer379@gmail.com on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Breen » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 am

glesne wrote:what about 88 and 96 ? :oops:

As soon as I get enough donations to buy 96kHz audio card.
Breen
User Level II
User Level II

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:21 am

Breen wrote:
glesne wrote:what about 88 and 96 ? :oops:

As soon as I get enough donations to buy 96kHz audio card.

good point ;)

well make the 44.1 and if its really close to my SW software i will donate :)

i have bought the software once
im not buying it twice

so thanks Breen :D
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:28 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:nope, it would not completely replace the plug in, the software has many features that im sure its not sampled
because that would result in a awful lot of presets

what i don't get is why so many people in here is considering sampling of a freaking software is so much worse than sampling HW that cost incredible much more money

and as we all know nebula community is very small compared to the rest of plug in users in the world so its not like SW will go broke or something

and the speaker calibration they sell cant be replaced as far as i know, and i think more people are using that actually

and if you want the best calibration for your headset you actually have to do individual calibration from sonarworks for your specific headset
or you can buy a already calibrated headset directly from them

why so much moral on software but none on HW
i just don't get it

and it might not have happened if sonarworks had at least provided us with 2 licenses when we buy the software in the first place

but no we have to buy a new one if we want to use it on two computers

if its not against the law stop pointing fingers

and stop using acuastica products wile you are at it cause i don't see the difference, did not the guys who built the original HW that we use in nebula use just as much time and money to build the HW ?

just to make it clear im not against sampling
i embrace this tech and love acustica products

but i really dont see sampling software any different or worse than sampling HW

Peace

The difference I see is an Acustica plugin cannot completely reproduce hardware. Just the fact that it is being interpolated, the aliasing, the lack of distortion possibility, the limit of attack times for compressors, and of course, the feel of knobs, 2 hands at a time on different knobs, the vu-meters, etc... It can be in the "emulation" department, as all the algos ones, but with a different technology, and tremendous results. This is a fine line, I admit it, but it's still there.

Whereas sampling a single EQ curve from a plugin... No difference at all, is it ? Like it totally replaces this specific curve, 100%, I guess. I remember the guy from Bricasti explicitely and officialy authorized the release of IRs from his machine with the only obligation to be free releases. The guy from Sonarworks is a nice guy, his software rocks, and I think he should be asked permission before proceeding.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Guys, stop talking nonsense. He has every right to clone the
plugin for his own use but not for sure. I deal with this over
a decade and i know for a fact it is infringement or stealing.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries