Login

AlexB : Easter Promotion 2016

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB : Easter Promotion 2016

Postby AlexB » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:54 am

Hello,

get 30% discount on full price by using the code: HE2016

Silver Customers get 10% more on Silver price when the order will be sent.

*Promotion starts Mar. 24th 2016 and expires Mar. 28th 2016 23:59IT

Thank you !

Happy Easter

* not applicable for upgrade and bundle
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB : Easter Promotion 2016

Postby deehope » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:50 am

Ah crap. .. this is awesome. I have no money but I have to buy something. I just demoed Fenix,MFD and CLG and they were all freakin amazing. Like so good it's hard to choose.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:14 am

ELY-X is excellent !

Gee AlexB ... I already bought everything :P
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:48 am

RJHollins wrote:ELY-X is excellent !

Gee AlexB ... I already bought everything :P

That was the other one I had my eye on. How does that compare to the elektra?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:17 am

Hi deehope,

I'm not familiar with the 'elektra', so no direct compare from me.

I can say that ELY-X is another excellent AlexB EQ. In a very short time, it has made it onto my Mastering shortlist. [another recent addition was AlexB's MMeQ, which is also .... fantastic.

In fact, tonite I've been putting the final touches on my NVC-ELY-X virtual MIDI controller that handles the entire ELY library from a single GUI interface. The MMeQ also got its own NVC-MMeQ controller.

ELY-X has some very special qualities. It is transparent and clear [but still has character]. One great feature are the Low and High Pass filters that have 'Resonance' control. Basically that is an adjustable 'bump' followed by a nice rolloff. This [very easily] lets you add the bottom end punch without the lowend rumble.

Resonance is not a new feature, or limited to Ely-X, but it is so well done and effective.

Even though the 'Q' factors are not surgical [.5 - 1], it still can focus on specific areas in a controlled manner.

The 'improvement' MODs that AlexB has done to this is very noticeable [and welcomed]. It can definitely compete with the 'high end' mastering EQ's.

Though EQ's like the GML and Sontex has more surgical and clean character ... I'm preferring the naturalness of Ely-X. Even with some heavy-handed eq'ing, the track doesn't sound processed ... it just sounds better. Even a 1/4 - 1/2dB delivers.

I should say ... I do like these cleaner EQ's for my mastering work .... WHY? Because I have access to so many consoles, preamps, tapes, compressors, etc, that can provide all the 'goodness' I would need. I can run 8 bands of ELY with full harmonic presets without sonic build-up like other eq's can. When called, I can get 'cleaner' running the LE presets. I do like to mix and match, and my NVC controllers allow easily to switch a presets available choices and maintain all parameter settings. Great for A/B'ing and customizing the various bands.

Tomorrow I'll have ELY under full NVC control for a mastering session and look forward to really playing :mrgreen:

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm

If you don't already own some of Alex's console libraries, this is a really great time to sort that out! For the sale prices, the quality is really remarkable.

Also anyone doing mastering (or even wanting to mold submixes) should certainly pick up:

MMeQ
A5M
EXeQ

Those 3 along with a clean and precise digital EQ should be able to do anything you'd likely need.

The T95 is wonderful for mixing too, with one of the best high shelves in the game and a bit of mojo. And CLG and N54/64 libraries are great 'tonalizers' making things rounder and smoother, or big, fat and deep. FNX collection also brings an expensive classy touch.

Buy buy buy.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby sealsongs » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:34 pm

+1 on the ELY-X library...instant purchase for me. Used my coupon to snag the 30% discount and started playing. Haven't had much time to go through all the programs, but it does add a nice weight and character to the low end (what I've tried so far) without being overly intrusive. So yeah, I think this library could be useful in mastering as-well-as mixing scenarios.
sealsongs
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby deehope » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:52 am

RJHollins wrote:Hi deehope,

I'm not familiar with the 'elektra', so no direct compare from me.

I can say that ELY-X is another excellent AlexB EQ. In a very short time, it has made it onto my Mastering shortlist. [another recent addition was AlexB's MMeQ, which is also .... fantastic.

In fact, tonite I've been putting the final touches on my NVC-ELY-X virtual MIDI controller that handles the entire ELY library from a single GUI interface. The MMeQ also got its own NVC-MMeQ controller.

ELY-X has some very special qualities. It is transparent and clear [but still has character]. One great feature are the Low and High Pass filters that have 'Resonance' control. Basically that is an adjustable 'bump' followed by a nice rolloff. This [very easily] lets you add the bottom end punch without the lowend rumble.

Resonance is not a new feature, or limited to Ely-X, but it is so well done and effective.

Even though the 'Q' factors are not surgical [.5 - 1], it still can focus on specific areas in a controlled manner.

The 'improvement' MODs that AlexB has done to this is very noticeable [and welcomed]. It can definitely compete with the 'high end' mastering EQ's.

Though EQ's like the GML and Sontex has more surgical and clean character ... I'm preferring the naturalness of Ely-X. Even with some heavy-handed eq'ing, the track doesn't sound processed ... it just sounds better. Even a 1/4 - 1/2dB delivers.

I should say ... I do like these cleaner EQ's for my mastering work .... WHY? Because I have access to so many consoles, preamps, tapes, compressors, etc, that can provide all the 'goodness' I would need. I can run 8 bands of ELY with full harmonic presets without sonic build-up like other eq's can. When called, I can get 'cleaner' running the LE presets. I do like to mix and match, and my NVC controllers allow easily to switch a presets available choices and maintain all parameter settings. Great for A/B'ing and customizing the various bands.

Tomorrow I'll have ELY under full NVC control for a mastering session and look forward to really playing :mrgreen:

8-)
Thanks for the reponse. You're always a great help. I appreciate it.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby deehope » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:56 am

Am I terrible at math or is there no difference between the sale or the sliver customer discount? :D
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 am

maybe good at math ... but not seeing the whole post.
Silver Customers get 10% more on Silver price when the order will be sent.

:lol:

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries