Login

Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. II

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. II

Postby Cupwise » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Part two of this series brings two more of these great plates to your audio/Nebula world. Another of the later solid state stereo ones and another of the older tube amp, mono ones. In this case the stereo one had a popular aftermarket electronics mod installed. These two plates sound different enough from the first two that they are definitely worth having even if you have the first set, and they sound just as great. You know what kind of quality to expect if you've used PoL I.

There's also a bonus program with 3 more, selectable reverbs contained in it. These were made using a technique/trick I came up with years ago where I play and record the tones used in the sampling process, through the hardware at faster or slower than normal speeds. The end result is an effect with shorter or longer decay time, and the frequency response is also 'pitched' up or down a bit. These provide 3 alternate 'what if' versions of the stereo plate and might sound gimmicky but I promise you can and will find uses for them if you check them out!

At the moment there are no audio clip demos because I always do those last and I just wanted to get this up for the people who have already decided that they want to buy part 2 (including a few who have asked me in emails about it) as soon as it's available. The audio clips should be up within one or two days.

Check out and buy Plates of Legend II here!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. II

Postby theheliosequence » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 pm

The 96kHz zip files 2, 3 and 4 aren't downloading for me. Can you double check on your end?
Thanks!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:45 pm

yep, just looked and there were typos in the file links. :oops: should be fixed now. see if you can redownload. probably you'll have to log in to your account at the site and go to your purchases area to do it. if you don't have an account, send me an email (use the contact form at the site) and i'll get it straightened out for you.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby theheliosequence » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 pm

All working now!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RE301 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 pm

How exciting!! :-)

I lovvvvve PoL Vol I...

Been eagerly awaiting the release of Vol II !

Thanks for this good news.. !
RE301

Postby Cupwise » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:09 pm

And I've got the audio clip demos up now. I tried to have a little more variety with the wet/dry mixes across the multiple examples this time. Just like last time most of the clips used the EQ which was included with PoL I. For one thing, I'm assuming that most people who actually buy PoL II will already have PoL I and also the EQ, but if someone just buys part 2 they can of course use any EQ they want. I feel like using the EQ before the plate is necessary to get results that are kind of tailored to the input, and that's how the 'real thing' is used in studios so that's how I demo these.

The last demo is of special interest though, because it doesn't use any EQ or predelay. Instead it starts with a dry clip, then goes through every reverb in both PoL I and II, with no damping. This gives you a good, direct comparison between all 4 plates, and the 3 bonus 'bionic' plate reverbs.

Also I've decided that I will release a demo program for this set. In a sense it will serve as the demo for the whole series since there wasn't one released for PoL I. I'll just give one sampled damper position of plate #3 Apollo, with probably little dampening. So it won't be super useful because it will have a lot of reverb happening with no control over the decay. BUT it will allow you to run any sound you want through it and hear how it responds, to get a sense of how 'alive' these plates are. I should have that up within the next couple of days so watch this space!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:30 pm

The demo program is up!

Check it out under the 'Manual and Demo Programs' tab on the product page. You should check it out whether you got Plates of Legend I or not, as this serves for the demo for the entire series thus far. Grab it, and see how the plate responds to whatever you run through it!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Tim, you have them somewhere as a bundled Price both Plates?

Thanks
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:04 pm

i originally thought about releasing them all together in one release for $50 but decided that splitting them in two made it more affordable for someone to get if they weren't sure they wanted to drop $50 on one purchase, so they could get just half of the set and see if they like it and decide if they want to buy the other half.

so, no i don't think i'll lower the price with a bundle deal. i think this is what they're worth and they're pretty unique in the nebula world.

it is possible that i set up larger bundles in the future, for things like 'all reverbs' 'all compressors' etc. and i've been thinking about doing that for a while.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:44 pm

is anyone having any problems downloading the demo program? someone at gearslutz said they couldn't get it but it seems fine to me.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries