Login

New OEVQ Eq Library (Analog Obsession Libraries)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New OEVQ Eq Library (Analog Obsession Libraries)

Postby tunca » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:07 am

RE301 wrote:How interesting - this appears to be the German vinyl mastering eq that kind of rhymes with 'pEa'?

I used to have these in my old studio which I used for mastering purposes & I would be really happy to revisit them in Nebula-world (!)..

What is "pEa"?

I re-desinged it for mixing with potentiometers as gain to get wide range gain,by the way.
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RE301 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:50 pm

With the 'Newman' eqs from the mastering rigs, the old ones seem to be PEV and the newer (80's?) one's seem to be both 495 and PEa, which look identical as near as I can tell... I had PEa .. is the OEVQ something in this direction? (edit : the OEV looks identical to the 495/PEa too ! No idea why they have different names..) :-0

Is this library from an original unit or some kind of DIY clone?
RE301

Postby tunca » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:53 pm

OEV has no Q feature for mids.495 has it.

I believe why OEV mastering edition eq.Cause it has fixed Q for mid band and it's wide.To control "tone" OEV is better.Adding some bottom,clarity or air...No change with general mix.No surgical eq.

495 can remove some problems with narrow Q with mid band.Or it can focus to one freq with narrow Q.More surgical eq style...
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RE301 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification!

Anyway, I'm pleased to revisit the sonics of this style eq, I actually especially liked the low shelf with the PEa units I had, though generally the 2db steps of the stock units were too drastic for mastering purposes, in particular with mids & I always planned to modify them to 1db steps...
RE301

Postby tunca » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:52 pm

RE301 wrote:Thanks for the clarification!

Anyway, I'm pleased to revisit the sonics of this style eq, I actually especially liked the low shelf with the PEa units I had, though generally the 2db steps of the stock units were too drastic for mastering purposes, in particular with mids & I always planned to modify them to 1db steps...

Even 0.5 dB steps could be great for mastering.

I made my OEV for mixing.Used pots instead of switches.It gives wide range for gain.
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries