Login

AlexB: Black and Red Fenix (new version of older FNX)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB: Black and Red Fenix (new version of older FNX)

Postby AlexB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Hello,

the Fenix library released !!!

Creamy Vari-Mu Compressor
Anyone who has ever wanted the ultimate tube compressor that can bring a vocal forward, add a little air, hold the dynamics in place and add a size and dimension to the audio without that audio getting cloudy can now realize their wildest dreams!!! This Vari-Mu compressor embodies all that is good and right with tube compressors that actually use the tube in the gain reduction circuit.
Two units sampled: the Balck Mix Compressor with stock Siemens and NOS Amperex Bugle Boy tubes, and the Red Mastering Limited Edition compressor with NOS Mullard and NOS Telefunken tubes.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. 16 different presets
. AHEAD extended
. Internal sidechain High Pass filter
. External sidechain control
. Drive control allows to set the sound from clean to fat
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

Available as single library (Black, Red) or as discounted bundle (FNX)

Please, send an email request to upgrade the older FNX library to the new FNX Bundle. Upgrade costs 8,00EUR.

Please, check the website and download the user manual and try the Demo, it has the same audio quality and performance of the commercial releases but with some restrictions.

Image Image

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

Thank you, all the best ! 8-)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB: Black and Red Fenix (new version of older FNX)

Postby Dimzo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:43 pm

ahhhh! i was waiting for this!
email request sent for the upgrade :!: :mrgreen:
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Yes! Sending request now.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Request also sent. Can't wait to hear what difference the upgrade makes!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Update request just sent !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby drezz » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:51 am

hey guys, please give us your opinions of the libraries when you've had chance to run them through their paces. it would be great to hear people's thoughts. how is the tone, and how is the compression characteristics? does it nail it?
drezz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:58 am

OK ... just got my update.

What can I tell ya ... I pulled it up on a stereo 2-Mix of a Live recording in a average [or below] room. Hand-held portable recorder sitting on top a table.

2. The Fenix is not a piece that I was familiar with, so I have minimal 'expectations' as to what it's 'thing' is.

3. :shock: :o :shock: :o

Can you say STAGE DEPTH.

Can you also say, and I really hate this analogy, it sounds like a 'record' :roll:

I haven't even begun playing with the settings. I dropped THRESHOLD to -18 [because I could], I HPF at 157.7 Hz, and then I kicked the compensation GAIN up 0.4dB

The sound stage just expanded 25 feet in depth ... kinda like the where the mic to band relationship was [estimate].

Much of the crappy room digititice of the ride cymbal bouncing off the walls got out of my face. The sonic envelope morphed from a digital recording into more of a listening experience.

I actually had to make some low-end rumble correction [due to the room with a booming kick drum] and raise the HPF up another 10 Hz from my MMeQ.

The track just sounds more listenable.

I can't explain the reasons ... and I've only just started working with it. One thing I can say is that the veil has been lifted off this new version release. I can't address the 'color' aspect, but the PRESET I used [FENIX RED MRD] was very transparent ... the expanding DEPTH of the soundstage is apparent. :mrgreen:

Now to read the docs to see what the various models of the Presets are.

later 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Thierr7 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi Guys ,

I liked the first release pretty much already ...

This one just got better . especially on the attack and release side . I just tested the Red one on my Master Bus so i can't talk abt details of different programs but it sure sounds as expected .

I think it's more detailed , I really like the warm side of it without getting "Muddy" at all. To me , it's one of the very best Nebula Comp for Mastering , smooth , warm and clean at the same time , filter seems kinda improved as well ...

Congrats Alex , You're one of the very best ;)

PS : Is it a good idea to make a special setup for Comps with smaller buffers settings as i read somewhere ?
Thierr7

Postby macsearcher » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Hey Alex.
First off, I just purchased the EXeQ. So great! Thanks.
I am currently demoing the Fenix and it sounds really good as well. Love it.
I am wondering if you, or any of the other users, would be able to do describe the practical differences between the two Fenix compressors. I understand that they are different models and have different tubes but would it be possible put the sonic difference into words?
Can you please clarify which setting and model the demos are.
Thanks so much.
macsearcher
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby AlexB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:08 am

macsearcher wrote:Hey Alex.
First off, I just purchased the EXeQ. So great! Thanks.
I am currently demoing the Fenix and it sounds really good as well. Love it.
I am wondering if you, or any of the other users, would be able to do describe the practical differences between the two Fenix compressors. I understand that they are different models and have different tubes but would it be possible put the sonic difference into words?
Can you please clarify which setting and model the demos are.
Thanks so much.

Hello,
demo is the stock mix unit.
Mix and Mastering compressors are different in sound, harmonic contents and compression behavior. Every tube has different sound, harmonic contents and dynamics, so different colors.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries