Re: Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I

Postby Cupwise » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:02 pm

thanks RE, i think it's pretty good too. :D
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Its already looking to become my default first port of reverb call! Straight to the front of the class!

:)
RE301

Postby Cupwise » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:09 pm

david, if you're out there and have the time, mind checking the audio clips in the browser they weren't showing up in for you again? i have them using the html5 player now. i had to use a couple lines of code to do it, just posting the path to the file would work in the main description part of the page but for some reason wouldn't in the audio clips tabbed part, it'd just show the path as text.

if this seems fine i think i might've thought of a way i could transfer all of my clips to using this, without too much headache, using a mass text replacer tool i have.

anyone else who had the issue of the clips not showing up, feel free to chime in.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Cupwise wrote:david, if you're out there and have the time, mind checking the audio clips in the browser they weren't showing up in for you again? i have them using the html5 player now. i had to use a couple lines of code to do it, just posting the path to the file would work in the main description part of the page but for some reason wouldn't in the audio clips tabbed part, it'd just show the path as text.

if this seems fine i think i might've thought of a way i could transfer all of my clips to using this, without too much headache, using a mass text replacer tool i have.

anyone else who had the issue of the clips not showing up, feel free to chime in.

Yes, it works now :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 pm

great, thanks! i know you actually brought this to my attention quite a while ago (believe it was you), but i honestly spent at least a few hours trying to make something else work before settling on that admittedly outdated plug-in, back when setting up the new site early last year. ah well, now to download my site and see if i can swap everything to this player with my text replacer..
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm

i just did some more tests for CPU use on my system, in case anyone is wondering about that. i have an i7 3820 which is 4 years old at this point. using the first plate (the more demanding of the two) i got these figures:
for 96khz programs-
5% CPU usage for lite version
12.5% CPU usage for full version

for 44.1khz programs-
1.5% CPU usage for lite version
2.5% CPU usage for full version

I didn't do full tests on the 2nd plate, but just for comparison, I got an average of 9.5% usage with the full program for it, at 96khz.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:16 am

44khz also runs quite 'lean' CPU-wise on my system which is also about 4yrs old .. 2Ghz i7 OS X.. don't know the exact % but definitely doesn't bring the system to its knees
RE301

Postby theheliosequence » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:16 am

Can't wait for Vol. 2!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mplay » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:22 am

Sounds great but I'm also finding them very hungry. The full plates bring my i7 3770 to it's knees with the 44.1 programs with a buffer of 2048. Seems unusual...
Mplay

Postby ericzang » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:11 am

I'm running it in CUDA mode and it seems work out ok. i7 960 (5-6 years old), no integrated graphics on this CPU, unlike the 3770, so don't know if CUDA is an option for you. Takes a bit to setup, I followed the instructions on the forum here somewhere. Main thing was I had to use CUDA version 6.0, not 6.5.
ericzang
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries