Login

Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I

Postby Cupwise » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 am

YES

Not one, but TWO legendary plates. One stereo, with the solid state amp, and the other mono with the original tube amp. BOTH sampled with ADJUSTABLE damper controls. You can dial in exactly the decay behavior you want.

Lite versions- allow you to set up the programs and dial in the amount of damping you need and hear it in your mix, until you're ready to render. Then you can switch to the full versions. The lite ones lack the sampled dynamics and harmonics, so they are basically the equivalent of standard convolution impulses. Full versions bring the full power of Nebula to the models.

There's also a custom made EQ program with a fully variable high pass filter and adjustable gain high shelf. In my personal opinion, it's awesome for putting before the plates to adjust the results you get.

I've already written a lot about this release in the manual and at my site, so look there for more info! Right now there are 10 audio demos for you to listen to at the site. Currently no demo program. I'm not sure if I'll make one, but I'll be thinking about it over the next week. The problem is not giving too much away, but that likely means removing the sampled damper control and just giving you one or two fixed positions on said control, but that means taking away one of the key features of the thing. It'd be pretty crippled and wouldn't really give you a glimpse of what the damper control is all about and how you can use it to shape your reverb.

So, I don't know (if I'll do a demo program). As always, if you buy something off of me and don't like it all you have to do is get in touch and see about getting your money back. I won't hold it against you or argue! Maybe I'd provide some tips or suggestions first just to make sure you're getting the most out of it, and making a fair assessment, before offering a refund. But honestly I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy with this.

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/plates-of-legend-vol-i/
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I

Postby RE301 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:18 am

Wow (!!)

Having just checked the audio demos - sounds fantastic... incredibly realistic... seems very dark / full of character too :-) magnificent-sounding tails / decay.. there also seems to be quite a lot of range in the type of tones possible. (!)..

The way the settings react to the dynamics and (frequencies) of the audio going in sounds unlike what I've heard so far from other Nebula plate libraries (and it goes without saying, IR's etc) - behaves like the real thing!!

Thanks for this one - a stunning achievement!!

(Added later after downloading):

- Just wanted to note that its amazing how 'lean' the vector files (eg: not GB of data) are yet there is so much detail, complexity & variety in the sounds..

- the manual is excellent with useful tips & essential information...
RE301

Postby Cupwise » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:33 pm

thanks RE301, really glad you feel that way! :D

i was just informed that i forgot to include the eq vector in the files, so i've corrected that. it should be there for anyone who buys now. i'm sending emails to the ones who already bought, with links to the vectors for that.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby hifi3000 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:23 pm

RE301 wrote:Wow (!!)

Having just checked the audio demos - sounds fantastic... incredibly realistic... seems very dark / full of character too :-) magnificent-sounding tails / decay.. there also seems to be quite a lot of range in the type of tones possible. (!)..

The way the settings react to the dynamics and (frequencies) of the audio going in sounds unlike what I've heard so far from other Nebula plate libraries (and it goes without saying, IR's etc) - behaves like the real thing!!

Thanks for this one - a stunning achievement!!

(Added later after downloading):

- Just wanted to note that its amazing how 'lean' the vector files (eg: not GB of data) are yet there is so much detail, complexity & variety in the sounds..

- the manual is excellent with useful tips & essential information...

I have to agree here. Just from listening to the examples via laptop-speaker, I can tell that this is an excellent reverb. Full of "body" and surprisingly good response to the different sources. Really great sounding shorter reverbs as well. Although I´ve just got me some older external reverb units, this I am getting for sure. Just to honour this lovely sound.

Thanks for quality.
hifi3000
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby david1103 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:28 am

Afraid the audio links do not appear in Firefox, only Chrome. I think that is because Chrome has it's own Flash player built in and the audio files are .swf. Flash is going away very soon, HTML5 player highly recommend!

Demos sound amazing, great sampling!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWANG » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 am

david1103 wrote:Afraid the audio links do not appear in Firefox, only Chrome.

hmm, firefox user here, and all is working fine. :?
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RE301 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Same here - was able to use the Cupwise site fine, play audio tracks, purchase / download etc using Firefox / OS X
Last edited by RE301 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE301

Postby david1103 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:05 pm

SWANG wrote:
david1103 wrote:Afraid the audio links do not appear in Firefox, only Chrome.

hmm, firefox user here, and all is working fine. :?

mmmm... do you have flash installed? It's not installed by default anymore, go to Add-ons > Plugins to see.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWANG » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:36 pm

david1103 wrote:
mmmm... do you have flash installed? It's not installed by default anymore, go to Add-ons > Plugins to see.

sure do.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:45 pm

if i had a lot of people telling me the audio clips didn't work, i'd probably look into spending the hours it would take to set up a different mp3 player at the site. but since i've never had anyone else mention it as a problem that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. i'm aware it's not the best player but i've already spent a lot of time trying to set up better ones and couldn't get them integrated into the site well, so i'm not exactly eager to jump back into that slog until i'm in a mood to overhaul the site and focus on that.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries