*SOLVED* Getting AITB Photocamptica1 to work with Neb3 Pro

Postby familybella » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:22 pm

screen shot.4.png
screen shot.3.png
screen shot.2.png
screen shot.1.png
The attachment screen shot.1.png is no longer available

Subject:

Trying (for a week) to get AITB Photocamptica1 to work on my system. AITB Tech support has graciouslybeen working with me - but I am still unable to open the library.

Nebula3 Pro -Technical Set-Up
I’m am running Logic 9.1.8 in 64 bit mode and have 24 different 3rd party libraries running successfully in 64 bit mode. I have ochre and aqua fox on my 32 bit pull down menu and they load and work fine.

Authorization
I am working closely with the good people at AITB to get my Photocamptica 1 library working. Their .ser and .aut files have been provided to me and they are nested in my neb3 folder right alongside by neb3.ser and my 32 bit aqua library.ser (screen shot.1)

scenario 1 (open logic in 64 bit mode)
1)open instance of nebula reverb from the 32 bit pulldown menu.
2)click on init to access library pull down menu and immediate crash of 32 bit audio bridge.
(screen shot.2)

note:using the same methodology I can successfully load the 32 bit versions of ochre and aquavox with no audio bridge crashing.

scenario 2 (open logic in 64 bit mode)
1)open instance of Nubula3 from 64 bit menu
2)click to load photocamptica1 and get back to init but with the program number loaded .
(screen shot.3)

Scenario 3 (open logic in 32 bit mode only- from apple menu /get info /open 32 bit)

1) Open instance of neb3 reverb - master page shows the version (screen shot.4)
2) Click on)Init to load and neb3 turns to solid black. (screen shot.5)
Last edited by familybella on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
familybella
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Problem getting AITB Photocamptica1 to work with Neb3 Pr

Postby Mirco » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:03 am

Hi ,

ok, first thought is, because the crash seems to come back always when you try to start Nebula 32bits, that Nebula 32Bit is not authorized properly. Can you load other libraries in 32bit Nebula - is Nebula 32Bit correctly starting in bridged mode or 32bit start of logic ?

Best,
Mirco
Mirco

Postby familybella » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 am

thanks for your quick response. I can start aquavox and ochre directly from the 32 bit menu bit i cannot successfully open nebula3 from the 32 bit pull dow. The instance appears - but the moment I click on INIT to select a menu it turns black. I would appreciate having information on how to correctly authorize Nebula3 pro in 32 bit mode without any chance of messing up my 64 bit install which I am depending on daily.The two plugs mentioned above obviously must work outside od Nebula since they open with a Nebula instance. Thanks again!
familybella
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Please, in order to help you we should know the Nebula version you are using.

Also we want to know why are you using 32 bits Nebula. 32 bits architecture is limited due RAM fragmentation and also will increase the CPU load due logic 9 architecture adapter.

As also ask AITB, you should first check Nebula license.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby familybella » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Greetings Enrique,
I am using Neb3 Pro version 1.3.903 (core 40G4 x64) purchased about 5 weeks ago.

I am running 24 3rd party libraries with perfect results all in 64 bit mode. The reason I am attempting to use Neb3 in 32 bit mode is specifically to use the photocamptica1 reverb library I purchased from AITB last week. I do not want to do anything to compromise the integrity of the Nebula setup I now have as its works so very well. Before this attempt to use photocamtica I never considered Neb 32 bit and when I did my original install I do not remember specifics as to authorization for 32 bit. From what your saying perhaps I should not attempt to use Nebula in 32 bit at all. I do have Ochre and Aqua Vox working from my 32 bit pulldown but they seem to stand alone and work outside of Nebula.
I want to thank you for Nebula 3. In the past I owned one of the worlds top recording studios in New York and have worked in analog mode for decades. Nebula has finally given me results that bring me to the audio excellence I had always depended on back in the "old days"
familybella
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Ochre and Aqua Vox are ACQUA plugins, and are independent from NEBULA.

Still trying to follow the logic ...

Why are you not using Nebula-64 to load Photocamptica ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby familybella » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Mirco at AITB told me that Photocamptica is a 32 bit library and that it needs an authorized Nebula 32 bit to open. If you look at my original post from yesterday I go through 3 scenarios that I have used to attempt to open photocamptica and the results I got (with screen shots attached) for each attempt. When I attempt to open it in 64bit mode I get returned to the INIT page but with the memory slot showing the memory position of that particular pre-set. The specifications on the PCamptica page are: Mac: Nebula3PRO/Server with installed commercial license - 32bit. If you look through the original post I have screen shots of the nesting of the .AUT and .SER files in their proper place and any other details that could possibly help in trouble shooting. At this point I am ready to give up on trying to run Neb in 32 bit mode as I have everything working perfectly in 64 bit mode with many libraries from five 3rd part developers. I think when I first authorized NEB 5 weeks ago I only paid attention to 64 bit mode so I am probably not authorized to run it in 32 bit.
familybella
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:38 am

OK ... don't understand what you've been told ...

but here's what I can relate.

I've not heard any Nebula library designated 32 or 64-bit.

This is NOT to say that the COPY-PROTECTION isn't.

When I recently upgraded to a new 64-bit PC [fromXP-32], I had to get a new AUT file from AITB for Photocamptica 1. My original AUT wou;d not work, and Nebula would resort to an INIT when trying to load. BUT ... this is what's needed to generate a new SER file.

SO ... be sure you don't have any old AUT or SER files of Photo in place.

Load Neb-64 into your DAW, load in a Photo PRESET. Neb returns to INIT.

Locate the generated SER file, upload to AITB ... get a new AUT file, place it in the proper location [mine is C:\nebulatemprepository].

done.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby familybella » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:59 am

that gives me fresh hope. I will request a fresh .aut & .ser from AITB that is authorization for 64 bit and will report back here when i have resolved the issue.
familybella
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby familybella » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:04 am

one thought on the above. On the AITB PHOTOCAMPTICA page the reuirements for osx and pc requirements are different as pc shows 64 and 32 bit required while osx shows only 32??

System Requirements
PC: Nebula2, Nebula3 or Nebula3PRO/Server with installed commercial license - 32/64 Bit
Mac: Nebula3PRO/Server with installed commercial license - 32 Bit
familybella
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries