Login

Sum100a v2 released Added high pass presets LOOK 13/12/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Sum100a v2 released Added high pass presets LOOK 13/12/1

Postby deehope » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I'm debating buying a new system. How much cpu usage are you guys with new I7's seeing with this. I think this is a good library to use as a benchmark as its pretty intense on my 5 year old I7.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:43 am

deehope wrote:I'm debating buying a new system. How much cpu usage are you guys with new I7's seeing with this. I think this is a good library to use as a benchmark as its pretty intense on my 5 year old I7.

i would like to know this too

are 4/5 gen cpu`s much more efficient with nebula than on older cpu`s with same clock speed`s and cores

the question is how much more cpu efficient is later gen cpu`s
compared to intel 2/3 gen cpu`s with same clock speed and cores on Nebula ? :)

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:02 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:
deehope wrote:I'm debating buying a new system. How much cpu usage are you guys with new I7's seeing with this. I think this is a good library to use as a benchmark as its pretty intense on my 5 year old I7.

are 4/5 gen cpu`s much more efficient with nebula than on older cpu`s with same clock speed`s and cores

Cheers

Hi guys,

not sure if this is the answer you're looking for... users reported some awesome performance with new i7's 59xx.

anyways... I have looked into this before regarding new i7's vs Xeon's etc etc

you can find info on this in other Acustica forums as this one isnt right for this thread, not trying to sound rude ;)

search the forums for xeon vs i7 or variations of that or "Best CPU for Nebula Pro or Server 2015" and threads are updated, alternatively I posted on a thread and suppport hit me back with a good article

see here
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28878&start=20

hope this helps, there are few well known users posting on that thread too
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby deehope » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks for the link. I've been aware of it for awhile. My question was actually specific to this library as its the newest one i own and would like to run a bunch of instances. On my system it's running at 4% in reaper and I was hoping someone with a newer system could simply tell me what one instance clocks in at for them.
sfabs wrote:
jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:

Cheers

Hi guys,

not sure if this is the answer you're looking for... users reported some awesome performance with new i7's 59xx.

anyways... I have looked into this before regarding new i7's vs Xeon's etc etc

you can find info on this in other Acustica forums as this one isnt right for this thread, not trying to sound rude ;)

search the forums for xeon vs i7 or variations of that or "Best CPU for Nebula Pro or Server 2015" and threads are updated, alternatively I posted on a thread and suppport hit me back with a good article

see here
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28878&start=20

hope this helps, there are few well known users posting on that thread too
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby kindafishy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:48 am

Holy shit, Tim

I am working on a mix and I just got to the point of thinking, "okay, time to put a compressor on the main vocal... let's see what the new 100a v2 can do".

:shock:

I am kind of speechless here. This vocal track is absolutely steady as a rock right now. I have a very generous amount of gain reduction happening using the fast program with a fast release and it sounds so steady and so natural. Just... wow.

Tim, you are the Grand Poobah. This compressor is nothing short of a master work.

Congratulations and thank you so much.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby prosodio » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Totally agree, I own this compressor and 3A, they are wonderful!!! 3A for acoustic and electric guitars is awesome and summ100 for bass or vocals.... the react like real hardware

Looking forward J37 release!!!!!
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:48 am

Thanks,

I hope we will have some great new releases in January! working hard and many new things on the way including the j37.

Have a great Christmas everyone!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby malekmusic » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:53 am

Tim Petherick wrote:Thanks,

I hope we will have some great new releases in January! working hard and many new things on the way including the j37.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Tim you make me crazy... now, after knowing there are coming some libraries by you next month, how am i supposed to wait? Your libraries are the best thing ever.
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Tim or anyone, the LINE Preset, where should be placed
properly? Before the Compressor or after?

Thanks
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:39 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:Tim or anyone, the LINE Preset, where should be placed
properly? Before the Compressor or after?

Thanks

Did you look at the product page on Tim's website?

:shock:
"In use, I recommend using the line preset before the compression instance but you can run the compression instance on it’s own an get very close to the original tone, this is a subtle addition to the compression. However the Line preset can be run hard to a greater saturation effect."
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries