Login

Sum100a v2 released Added high pass presets LOOK 13/12/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Sum100a v2 released Added high pass presets LOOK 13/12/1

Postby deehope » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:27 am

Tim Petherick wrote:
deehope wrote:Any idea on the attack on this. It's suprisingly fast.

Yes it is! around 200 micro seconds.Though U76 is much faster. The release is ultra fast on both too. Long release settings are actually fast and slow. Like all the latest comps... I created sort of charging element inside nebula in order to get the PD. This means there are variables for control depending on what the music is doing.

Thanks. Wow that is fast. I was suprised on how much I like this on drums. So is the medium attack around 50ms and slow 100ms?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mr harrison » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:57 pm

but its not just a little cut ... like a proper LPF at (i forgot, i checked it) 13-14 k?
mr harrison
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:05 pm

yes,

you can see on web page. I provided plots....That gentle roll off will change on compression

deehope wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:

Yes it is! around 200 micro seconds.Though U76 is much faster. The release is ultra fast on both too. Long release settings are actually fast and slow. Like all the latest comps... I created sort of charging element inside nebula in order to get the PD. This means there are variables for control depending on what the music is doing.

Thanks. Wow that is fast. I was suprised on how much I like this on drums. So is the medium attack around 50ms and slow 100ms?

I think attack around 200micro ,10ms and 100ms but I can't remember right now.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:50 am

deehope wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:

I think attack around 200micro ,10ms and 100ms but I can't remember right now.
Awesome, I appreciate it. Is the opto3a cleaner then the sum 100a?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby andivax » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Just get SUM100a and I must say it is the best Nebula compressor for Mix and Drum Bus (I produce EDM)!
It adds those punch and fat without unnecessary pumping.
Can't hardly wait to try it on vocals.
andivax
User Level I
User Level I

Postby mr harrison » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:42 am

i can hardly believe that you´re strapping this on the mixbus - doenst that hicut bother you? its actually the reason why i have never used this comp yet.
mr harrison
User Level III
User Level III

Postby waffleneck » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 pm

mr H******* wrote:i can hardly believe that you´re strapping this on the mixbus - doenst that hicut bother you? its actually the reason why i have never used this comp yet.

The HF cut is perfect, and naturally focuses the audio in an analog-sounding, warmed-up fashion.

Pretty sure this is just what the hardware does, and after that it's a matter of taste.

In my experience, if you're trying to get a smooth full midrange translation of your mix, rolling off the high frequencies in a natural way helps bring out this quality. If you don't love it you can compensate with Green and a high shelf in the upper echelons. This imparts a smoother character than no process, glueing everything together in a cohesive way.
Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue, D361, Emerald, EQP1, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Bundle, Purple Bundle, Red, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White
waffleneck
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Brian » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:44 pm

I like the high end as well - nice and smooth and pushes the focus slightly down in the midrange, which can be a good thing on bright vocal or guitar recordings.

If you're worried about it dulling things too much, try a nice air boost at 15-25kHz pre-compressor. The compressor will 'push' the boost back down into the meat of the vocal and glue it together a bit, making it easier to get away with large air boosts. The midrange should still sound full with the mild softening up top (sometimes a big high boost can leave vocals sounding too thin in the upper mids, and focused too high in the sound field).
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby waffleneck » Mon May 02, 2016 2:37 am

Try the Sum 100 Line Hot, mode 100 and turn both EVEN and ODD controls to +12dB. Put THAT on your 2bus once you think you have it sounding good...
Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue, D361, Emerald, EQP1, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Bundle, Purple Bundle, Red, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White
waffleneck
User Level X
User Level X

Postby nverxion » Fri May 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Just picked this up - I was considering the Softube version but I'm glad I got this. And the GUIs are beautifully put together. They look great on my screen.
AcquaVox / Amethyst / AQ3 / Coral / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server
nverxion
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries