Login

A library request Sampled Samplers

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

A library request Sampled Samplers

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has done this or not and even more I have yet to dive into the NAT software as I have no access to any outboard gear ATM to try this myself.

Is it possible to actually sample the signal used to create the libraries into an actual sampler, play it back from the sampler and capture the internal sound of these along with of course their analog stages going in and out.

I see a few synth and even an emu preset but I am not sure if these are sampled this way.

Any thoughts?
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Re: A library request Sampled Samplers

Postby NoNameComesInMind » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:39 pm

i believe they send in a test tone (sine) which will represent the lowest current possible for the hardware to work. and hookup ins/out or whatever component (color/behaviour) they're looking for to be sampled digitally as output from source to input in NAT, which in this case is that "sampler" you're mentioning.

oh! now i see, you want to sample a sampler? :shock:

if so, then the rules (i believe should be the same) send the tone through the sampler then to NAT.

but really i'm rambling but to me it makes sense. wait for the pros :D
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.
NoNameComesInMind

Postby RE301 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:05 pm

I too would be interested in something like this, classic low bit rate samplers that had 'mojo' like MPC 60, EMU SP-12,AKAI S-900 etc
RE301

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Keep in mind I'm not just saying to sample the ADC and the DAC(bypassing the sample handling code), I'm asking for the In between as well, in my experience the way in which the hardware samplers treat audio internally(digitally) and the way in which plugin samplers treat audio is slightly different. So sampling the test tone or signal into the sampler its self and then playing back the sampled test tone from the sampler should give us a more accurate capture of the true sound of the sampler. I imagine since most hardware samplers were not coded in Floating Point there had to be some processes done in the algorithms to maintain a clean signal right along with the ADC/DAC filtering. It's a sound that that is subtle in the same way that analog is subtle, but when there is an accumulation of this subtleness it becomes very apparent. I literally can tell the difference between an MPC derived set from any sampler plugin in the box.

Hope I'm making sense.

I would love to slap that processing onto a plugin sampler such as Kontakt!
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby gurth » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:09 pm

Stn has nebulized an akai sampler.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:12 pm

I also just realized that I should be able to try this with my creamware dsp card which has a sampler plugin that uses the original akai s series code and has a distinctive sound from those done in native code.

Hmmm, and I may be able to do this completely in the box as well as through the analog connections. Looks like I may have to fire up the old xp machine and do my first NAT capture

I needed to do that anyway to get the neb3 server tested and in production.
Stay tuned!!

THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RE301 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:46 pm

@Gurth, thanks for the sTN heads up, that library appears to be the Akai3k which is 16bit, not low res enough (!) :-) .. 12 bit or bust!

@TP, presumably NAT would Nebulize the AD / DA conversion stages but not the math of the sampler's code in crunching bits and bytes (?)
RE301

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Yeah, I only want the resulting sound of the bits and bytes lol.

I actually purchased the mpcee3k a few days ago and has to re-read the description after Gurth's reply. When I read it a few days ago I only seen AD/DA, I didn't see AD/sample/DA(selective reading!) so this library was sampled in the very way I explained it above...

I will give it the thorough review it deserves tonight as I also try out the 4K console from AB I just purchased.

I will still try my hand at NAT with my creamware dsp sampler to see if I can get the sound of it in my 64 bit machine. Sadly I can not use it as it does not work with 64bit OS so I will pull out the XP machine.

Stay Tuned!

THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RE301 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:41 pm

@Gurth - I just picked up the Stn Akai 3K library, upon some reflection there's an application I want to experiment using it for.. so thanks again for the tip! :-)
RE301

Return to 3rd party libraries