Login

AlexB: 4K Console

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: 4K Console

Postby Masr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Those 4K Dynamics sound so much better now. I am finally putting all the algo vst comps fully away. :lol: I shoul upgrade the console too.
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:23 pm

just installed [updated] the full suite ...

This console sounds FANTASTIC.

Instruments have perspective, depth .... and voices sit in this wonderful focus. Everything opens up. Love how it clears up low-mid muddiness that you might not have really bother to EQ. It does it so naturally.

This console 'sound' is all over the radio/tv.

Great stuff AlexB ... now to check out the EQ and dynamics package 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:10 am

RJHollins wrote:just installed [updated] the full suite ...

This console sounds FANTASTIC.

Instruments have perspective, depth .... and voices sit in this wonderful focus. Everything opens up. Love how it clears up low-mid muddiness that you might not have really bother to EQ. It does it so naturally.

This console 'sound' is all over the radio/tv.

Great stuff AlexB ... now to check out the EQ and dynamics package 8-)
I just updated mine as well but I'm not going to get a chance to play with it for a bit. How does it compare the to the mfc?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:07 am

The MFC is an excellent console [suite] too.

MFC has a very different sonic presentation in that is feels effortless with its' spanse. It feels relaxed, natural. Love it.

The 4K feels more forward ... but NOT a mid-ranging or edginess. The mix seems to stand-up and hold a forward reference point. These things are clumsy to put into words because any 'attribute' can be interpreted positive/negative. 'Forward reference' could say compression ... but it's NOT compressed. It cleared up subtle muddiness, but didn't make things thin or weak ... maybe it focuses the sound elements that make them sound more defined, in a different way than the MFC.

One quick recognition. The S*S*L is a very familiar sound. I hear it in many recordings and all over the radio and TV and in all styles from Country to TV ads.

Note: I'm only using it for a test mastering session, so only 2 Nebula instances. It may be subtle to some, but careful A/B'ing shows that 'record' quality.

more comments later if wanted.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:19 am

This new version is really something else. It's hard to believe how well it clears things up, adds punch/focus, and just makes things sound like a record right from the get go. The word "punch" sums up this console to me, but the detail that it brings out (especially now in this V2 version) is incredible.

I only tried it on busses so far, but I'm already in love with the sound that this library is bringing.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
N4 - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Purple, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:29 am

I already started a project today where 4KD, 4KC and 4KEQ will
be used on 100% of the Tracks PLUS Titanium and Magenta 3.
I wanna know what the final result will be.
I wanna do the same thing with MFC or NEEV14 with N54 but it is
impossible for me because i do not track them Live and can not
just swap, i do a lot of rendering. If i had the Navy Aqua i would
have probably done it using Navy as a channel EQ but i still wanna
hear the 4K Collection since i was never a fan of Solid State.
Its electronic Music, 101% ITB, Jarresque style.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:31 pm

I just recently purchased the Modern Logic Console and while it is quite pristine and adds grip, I need something with a bit more pronounced sound, I'm torn between the 4K and the MFC.

How much more different is the 4K from the MLC sound.

Or would getting MFC be a better choice?

My music is all in the box using VSTi except the occasional electric and acoustic guitar.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3, Amethyst 2, Pink, Server Ultimate,Pro-tools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Fl-studio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:30 pm

AlexB has audio demo files ... don't they help?

More 'pronounced'. Hmm ... The MFC wouldn't do that by nature.

Maybe you're looking along the A-P-I line, the 'American 16 Console'.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Masr » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:35 pm

MFC is relaxed/slow and creamy. 4KC is faster, punchier, more aggressive but also cleaner. I am totally excited about the sound of the new 4KC.
Disclaimer: I have never been a "N**e guy" - Neves always felt a bit too slow for my rock/electronica production. :roll:
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:39 pm

They do, and more pronounced may be the wrong word. The MLC is very subtle and clean, I'm really just undecided. But I think I may just pull the trigger on the 4K and get the MFC after or when it's been updated.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3, Amethyst 2, Pink, Server Ultimate,Pro-tools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Fl-studio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries