Login

Guitar cabs for Nebula?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Guitar cabs for Nebula?

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:07 pm

richie43 wrote:Keep in mind that Henry's (most at least) are amp presets, not just the cabs.

that i didn't know, but i still need to combine guitar software with them, so far my best luck has been Pod farm for distorted, and the amp modelled i like the most is actually free and sort of worked right away instead of tweaking for hours :)

there are many different brands out there that could be even better

so if you good folks happen to know some brands of guitar modelling software that works particularly well with nebula
tips would be appreciated :D

i purchased SCS – Treble and Bass and SCS – Treble and Bass Power Expansion from Tim P , haven't had the time to check them out yet on di guitar but i think those are gonna help improving the sound further,
but they where pretty cool on a vst piano, and are very cheap too,
so good tools for other things than guitar as well :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:45 pm

i just want to add just in case some just started with this
that it is important to turn off the cab simulation in the modelling software and use the amp only when you use the Nebula cabs
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby manuel.soruco » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:26 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:i just want to add just in case some just started with this
that it is important to turn off the cab simulation in the modelling software and use the amp only when you use the Nebula cabs

I think you just answered your own question about the best amp simp with the post above :P
What´s I have read from forum users and developers alike, is that you should use your favorite amp simulator (whatever it is) and just bypass the cab sim.

I haven´t tried S-Gear but people talk great things about it. I use BIAS, although it´s a little too big for me (too many options to work efficiently).

As far as ITB goes, I think those are the big contenders now. For an upgrade you have to make the jump to a Kempfer or Axe FX.
manuel.soruco
User Level II
User Level II

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:05 pm

i have tried the bias, the options are too big for me too hehe
the S-Gear is pretty nice too, but i trialed it before i got into nebula sadly, so i don't know how good it will be with nebula

i feel when i put nebula cabs on at 128 buffersize(very low latency and very playable) the guitar feels much more dynamic and right to me, it also feels like a sock has been lifted off my speakers :)

the neb cabs themselves is a matter of taste for all of us of course, so we all have to find and pick our bread and butter

i do highly recommend trying out the Pod Farm though because it so easy to get it working right away with not much tweaking
since you get a couple of good amps for free
no need to buy it for me at least not for now

i would like to have the Axe FX but it's too much right now

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:17 pm

The Ownhammer seems to have no Nebula at all anymore, only IR's..

with using speaker IR's, is the idea that you would use some kind of amp simulator followed by the speaker IR?

I'm surprised at how good some of the Ownhammer IR demos sound... guitar amp/cab simulation is something I hadn't paid much attention to in ages (having written it off more or less due to the inferior sound - at least with options that existed in the past) & astonished by the huge advances in this area!
RE301

Postby saastara » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Any new suspects on this front?

Been loving the S-Gear2 for guitars but the cabsims leave something to be desired.
saastara
User Level 0
User Level 0

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries