Login

Guitar cabs for Nebula?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Guitar cabs for Nebula?

Postby manuel.soruco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:24 am

I was reading about cab impulses. I read that Ownhammer are THE guys for Nebula amp libraries, and I found few to no alternatives.
I had gone into their website a few weeks ago, but I just realized right now that they are only selling Wavs and there isn´t any mention of Nebula anymore... :?:
What I read about them is in forums like Gearslutz, but threads that were 3-5 years old...
Did they swift their focus to conventional impulse response?
Is it one of those cases like Analoginthebox, where I´m too late to the party?
manuel.soruco
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Guitar cabs for Nebula?

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:21 am

i like Henry Olonga`s cabs
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 am

manuel.soruco wrote:Is it one of those cases like Analoginthebox, where I´m too late to the party?

I was late to that party too.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby manuel.soruco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:19 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:i like Henry Olonga`s cabs

I bought the collection a few days ago and I´m 95% in the download progress! :D Although for what I read he has very few usable cabs (AC-30 and one or two more) and the rest are more like FX cabs, tiny 5 watt amps that you probably wouldn´t use to record a solo on an album.

I guess I´ll just have to work a lot in the non dynamic convolution territory for this one :|

I have a few Rosen impulses, and they sound awesome, first time I tried them, it made sound every single emulation I have tried in the last 10 years like a Zoom 505, and I have tried them all (ITB).
However, you can feel it´s not dynamic... When it´s riffin to hell and back it sounds awesome, but in a solo in a long note, you hear the note sounding great at the beginning, but as it begins its natural decay, the speakers still sounds like its moving a sh*tload of air and it´s still about to blow...

Still the best I have tried, but I was hoping Nebula would take it up a notch further.

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I was late to that party too.

I know, sucks... especially after reading so many great threads about the Mamooth...
manuel.soruco
User Level II
User Level II

Postby manuel.soruco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Nevermind what I said about the Olonga cabs!
I just finished downloading the collection and I´m going through the banks creating my own dlls with NebulaSetups.
He has pretty much all the usual suspects, including some I don´t think I have seen in Rosen or RedWirez, like Gallien-Krueger!

Really complete pack, they weren´t joking when they said it´s the best buy you can make in pro audio. And how it´s with 50% off! :D (Just 15 pounds)

For anyone out there looking for Nebula cabs (or an all round pack), this seems to be IT!
manuel.soruco
User Level II
User Level II

Postby botus99 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 am

Here's a freebie guitar cab I made a while back...
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25826

And you may want to check out Kalthaleen's free cab collection (I know I butchered the spelling there... sorry!). There have been several free guitar cabinet offerings throughout the years. Honestly, they all are very nice and much better than standard impulses IMO.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:02 am

system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:35 am

the vox big amp from HO is free,
but at the price he is selling he`s all you can eat bundle now is almost like giving it away for free
i tough that even when it was not 50% off also :)

its very nice to set up those cabs with pres and mics from the same package, very many incredible tools in there :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:23 am

Keep in mind that Henry's (most at least) are amp presets, not just the cabs.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Kathallan's cab Nebula stuff is 'not available at the moment' for some time.

Ownhammer's studio mix v1 library (http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... cts_id=368) was the latest he has done in Nebula, but apparently he's not including the nebula stuff in the new downloads.
jorismak

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries