Login

cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm

its so nice when people share they're chains :)
i really appreciate it RJ :)

i learn a lot from that as it takes some time to pick out preferred tools
especially because I'm still young in nebula

the Flucti-MEW was my first comp ever that i really dig on the master

that is not gonna change

is there any chance the Flucti-MEW is getting a custom skin
? :) it would be the top of the iceberg after getting nebula setups :D

i did also try the 660 creamy comp demo, i have to add that one to my collection as well, a super nice tone in that comp too

im really really impressed with you're work Cupwice
and I'm looking forward like its Christmas everyday now to new releases from you as well after buying hi quality stuff that you make

Thank you :D

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:47 am

I would like to say, the 'chain' I mentioned is multi-intentional. There is a purpose, however, there is several experiments happening along the way.

Basically, I don't want to mis-speak on this. This chain can [and does] go through changes. For example, the 2 IVORY's have been pulled. [nothing personal ... just no longer needed].

Something else.

For me, 'Study' seems a continuous process. The collection of 'equipment' we have available through Nebula/Acqua would place any facility into the 'Preferred' category. We can rival famed facilities like, 'Record Plant', where nearly any piece of gear could be rented/carted in [as long as the budget was there]. We had 4 different 'rooms' to choose from, with at least 3 different major consoles as centerpiece.

Today ... we can have multiple consoles available ... in the SAME room.

We all know this.

Back in the daze, how many hours spent reading/studying console 'signal flow' and routing logic, or coming to terms with this new thing called console 'automation'.

We were at it 24/8. And believe, the wives were not much happy about it back then :|

The point. We as Engineers studied like a musician with his instruments. To 'perform' during the 'live show'. Make it seem effortless.

That meant 'behind the scenes' study, experimentation, work ... listening.

Honestly. I never quite got that sense of intrigue/determination with the typical algo coded plugin. They did what it said, but left feeling artificial, sterile, and .... boring. I'm NOT speaking of the music and/or production.
Also ... I'm talking in rather broad generalities. I feel music as a serious musician, but I can also listen as an engineer.

Now that I've bored everyone ... :roll:

Nebula [and now added Acqua] reignited my engineer/musician ears. Like being reacquainted with good friends ... and opportunity to meet/listen to new [or rare].

I split between my 'professional' job, and my 'schooling'. There is an intrinsic connect.

As a Beta-tester for Acustica-Audio, we spend much time in 'school'. Some of the results of this schooling yields a 'processing chain' for my Pro job.

To apply 'real world' testing, I'll start with a particular [say eq or compressor ... whatever]. Set it to work the best I can ... then ...
BYPASS it completely. Bring in a new uniot for testing [beta or not]. I begin again with this and tweak to the best I can.

Next comes critical listening as we A/B between. Even in this simple example, additional tweaking or BOTH units can happen. All the while listening.

I've quite a collection of raw session footage, mixes that I may use. The music styles cover a very wide spectrum, so the libraries can be subjected to anyone of them.

The key point ... listen and make mental notes. There are many 'States' of listening to sounds, from analytical to the ethereal.

The 'CHAIN' .... can be exactly that.

As with any 'Preset' mindset, it can serve a purpose, but it should not limit Our purpose. They may provide a quick starting point, an initial reference. Coloring by numbers might be fine for some, but the real freedom to express comes from explore and using the textures and sonic palate of tools we have. Painting outside of the lines [rules] not in some haphazard way or to think ones self a 'justified' rebel, but, in a way because we have learned, experienced, and understand why/how. Creating a 'Work of Art' is NOT a formula. It begins with a passion to create and express and looks to transform the listener sense of being/awareness.

Yeah ... I know, sounds like hippy talk from the 60's.

There is that one voice in there that thinks it crazy talk ... but usually the 'others' jump him, duck tape him up, toss in the closet. Go off laughing. Not pretty.

ok ... they are calling me. gotta go.
:lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:37 am

totally understand what you're saying RJ :)

and no, it was not boring at all :D

algos almost killed my passion for recording and mixing

thank God for Acustica Aqua`s and talented 3rd party Nebula developers like Cupwice :)

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:09 pm

ok i keep getting asked about skins so here's what's going on with that. i was pretty much against the idea because i assumed i would have to pay someone and my profits aren't enough to justify that. also it means more work even if someone else is doing the graphics because i have to coordinate/communicate with that person and the meters would have to be set up on my end (which i found out when i had a skin done for a 609 acqua release that never happened, a long long time ago). and i'd rather be spending the time i have on something like a new release rather than anything to do with a skin. to me the skin isnt really important.

BUT jpn has contacted me saying he'd be awesome and do a skin if i give him the set so that's got me considering it. i still dont like spending any time (not sure doing the meters will be too much work but things always tend to spiral into a lot more than you expect) on it that i could be working on another thing, but enough people asked and so i think i'll let him do it.

also random bit of news- i'm working on an update for my 660 comp which i think is kind of a major overhaul and i think it's going to be great when its done (already think i've made a lot of improvements). should be done before not too long, so keep an eye out for that if you have that library!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:37 pm

i cant deny that skins for you're awesome compressors would be incredible cool to have :)
especially after getting nebula setups

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:27 pm

hi tim. re: creamy 660 update;

two words for you: 1. how 2. soon?
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:18 am

i don't wanna go on record giving even an estimate because things tend to blow up in my face and i find some bug or something that sets me back... but i'm really hoping within a week or two at most.

in my opinion the multiple 660 updates overall amount to a pretty big update. i'm redoing the multi-stage release settings so the release shape will be a good bit different, and hopefully a lot more accurate. i thought it was accurate when i first did it but i think some other adjustment i made at some point after doing that part, messed with my work on the release. so one day (well after release) i looked and let's just say it wasn't quite so close which surprised me because i had spent a ton of time on that. so yeah now i'm redoing that, meticulously trying to match it to the original tones i used to measure the response.

another major thing is the harmonics are too loud, which is another bug that's totally my fault, just a mistake that got in there. that 660 was the first comp i made that really got a lot more complex with how it's done and it just made more room for error i guess. i think it obviously sounds good as it is now, and people seem to think so too, but lets just say that now it's going to be more correct.

another small thing is i'm thinking about changing the name, i think i instantly regretted the name 'creamy' and i think i want to change it to just 'C660', and put a note on my site that it was formerly called 'creamy' just so nobody buys it twice. i think this update warrants a v2, which i've never used on any updates for any of my libraries, its that big. one other random thing i noticed is that the release for the 'lim' programs is totally wacked, it's always way too slow. surprised nobody ever pointed that out. OR the fact that the dry control doesn't work at all! it's a big list of changes... stay tuned!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:21 am

^thanks for the great info! looking forward to "c660 v2"...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RE301 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:35 pm

Me too - count me in for 660-V2 .. (!)
RE301

Postby malekmusic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:37 pm

If you update it, im gonna buy a 660v2 for sure. If i may have a suggestion, it would be the hpf, which is too soft in your comps. You have to go high to 900hz if you dont want to loose lowend. If you could make this a little tighter. That would be really nice.
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries