Login

cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Is there a way to keep the settings when switching from standard to SHQ, when it is time to bounce ? Right now, I open 2 Nebula instances, and match the settings by hand.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:47 pm

unfortunately no, there's no built-in way to save the settings. i usually use nebula in reaper, and what i do, and it's mentioned in the manual under the shq section, is after i'm done adjusting all the controls how i want i'll create automation tracks for all of them (only need to do it with the ones i've adjusted). doing that essentially locks all of those parameters in place. then you can load the shq version and all the adjustments pop up as you set them.

i would imagine it should work in most other daws. its obviously not a perfect solution but i'm used to it and i think it's a lot better than reprogramming them in by hand.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Is there a way to keep the settings when switching from standard to SHQ, when it is time to bounce ? Right now, I open 2 Nebula instances, and match the settings by hand.

Unfortunately, no. With Nebula, the presets are like separate "plugins" completely. It is what it is, not so terrible (just a minor inconvenience for what we do get).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cps418 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:01 pm

The new bug fix presets were emailed, if you don't know. One thing I did read was you said you added some extra things, (I assume you mean tweaks), what were the added benefits. Mr. "Compwise"... I always wanted to say that.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Cupwise » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 pm

they're like separate plugins with regards to nebula itself, auto adjusting the controls to default positions on loading a new one (which i think is actually a good thing to be able to have default positions, it just sucks for this particular case), but when using the DAW's automation to lock the controls in place, switching between presets is just like switching between presets on the same plugin. so i think that's the only way to do it and i'd recommend trying to find ways to do that in your particular daw that may make it quicker for you so it becomes less annoying. in reaper i just click the automation button and tick the boxes for all the parameters ive adjusted, to make automation lanes for them, then switch to the shq version and render. it's not too bad.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:05 pm

cps418 wrote:The new bug fix presets were emailed, if you don't know. One thing I did read was you said you added some extra things, (I assume you mean tweaks), what were the added benefits. Mr. "Compwise"... I always wanted to say that.

the changes were slight adjustments to the release behavior. it was very subtle for some release settings, maybe a bit less subtle for others, and it was to correct a *little* bug that somehow slipped in (and which i discovered when doing the demo program).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:21 am

Alright ...

I've just joined the 'MEW Clan' :o

:lol:

Beside what it brings to the sonic table ... I'm really liking the ability to vary transition of compressor/limiter [all within the same preset].

This is a real advancement in library creation! [Thanks Cup] ! :mrgreen: It really helps in the workflow, decision making department. Wish this was used in other comp/limiter libraries :idea: rather than multi-presets.

Anyway ... just wanted to let the GANG here know that you talked me into, yet again, another library. :P

THANK-YOU.
:mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby sfabs » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:13 pm

RJHollins wrote:Alright ...

I've just joined the 'MEW Clan' :o

:lol:

Beside what it brings to the sonic table ... I'm really liking the ability to vary transition of compressor/limiter [all within the same preset].

This is a real advancement in library creation! [Thanks Cup] ! :mrgreen: It really helps in the workflow, decision making department. Wish this was used in other comp/limiter libraries :idea: rather than multi-presets.

Anyway ... just wanted to let the GANG here know that you talked me into, yet again, another library. :P

THANK-YOU.
:mrgreen:

Hey RJ... what sources have you been using this compressor on that you really like?

they say the compressor it is modelled on is great for mastering.. have you been using it on the 2buss??

Im more than certain i'll buy and love the library, just curious...

Thanks
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi sfabs,

I've added the MEW to a mastering chain.

The project is a live performance of a DixieLand band. Recorded in an 'ok' room, using a handheld portable with built-in mics.

It's a bit toward the 'restoration' side of things. Recorder was off to one side I understand :roll: And, there is an audience.

Nonetheless ... really good band. 8-)

The chain [as I recall] is:
1. MFC console Preamp
2. EMERALD EQ - global shaping
3. 2 IVORY eq's for corrections
4. PEARL - light touch for addition shaping
5. FabFilter-Q2 - room mode corrections
6. Flucti-MEW Standard - Comp at 75%. Still experimenting. ;)
7. AquaMarine compressor - just a touch, great sound.
8. MFC console ModernBus -
9. TDR NOVA - dynamic EQ, for a low, overtone at times, AND for taming a crash cymbal. :roll:

The fx order will change. The NOVA will move, but I'm fairly new with it so it is on the experimenting table.

The MEW is very interesting. I'm just starting with the full release I got tonite. Listening to the audio demos that CupWise posted, its easy to hear that this library can go subtle to quite extreme. I'm experiementing.

Sonically, it adds a very nice fuller quality to the foundation [2-mix]. It also does something quite nice in the mid-voice range. Overall the mix gets that 3d-ness, where it seems like the sides of the mix just pull up around the edges [whatever that visual brings]. Some might not really notice it, but when BYPASSED, the track just doesn't sound as nice [or finished].

I'm not using it to make an Effect. In fact, for Mastering, I prefer NOT being aware of it.

Even at this early stage ... I think this library is going to get a lot of showtime, and seems to like playing with every style.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby sfabs » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Thank you RJ :)

Great post, thanks for being so open about your chains and uses.

I love using the MFC as well!

You convinced me to buy the Flucti Mew, not that i really needed any convincing, at the price cupwise is seeling, it is a ridiculous bargain!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries