Login

cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:52 am

Sorry the whole thing went to hell...the other problem is now
i have to think about buying Flucti too...
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:05 am

Its the best ITB compressor i got right now thats for sure especially on my master :D
looking forward to trying it out on busses and on vocals tonight :)

Bye
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:42 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:Its the best ITB compressor i got right now thats for sure especially on my master :D
looking forward to trying it out on busses and on vocals tonight :)

Bye

I also STRONGLY recommend that people try the older Cupwise compressors (and his other libraries in general...his reverbs are crazy).Cupwise, along with a few others, have been doing some outstanding and under-rated work long before the recent "upgrades" in the Nebula technology, people really ought to check out other libraries.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:33 pm

youse guys ...

gonna make me buy another library :roll:

stop it :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:12 pm

thanks for the kind words rich, and everyone else. glad people are liking the comp.

now i have to share a bug with you, and i don't feel like it's too big of a deal so i hope nobody get's too upset over it. but it has been brought to my attention that the programs are all set to 'mono' in the kern page. they're supposed to be stereo, as stated in the manual. so all you have to do is go to the kern page and click where it says 'stereo' and then it will be stereo, and then you can click 'save' just below that.

i will release an update soon that addresses this, but first i want to make sure there's nothing else i can fix or improve, because getting update emails out is a real pain. i've tried to find some kind of email program or plugin for ages to simplify this, and it always blows my mind that i can't easily find something for email that allows me to send out a ton of emails all at once. i'm sure i'm missing some easy to use program but i gave up looking so it always takes me a long time to do. anyway, that's the story why i'm holding off on the update, so you can go ahead and fix it now yourself, in the meantime.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Hey Cupwise, i use Constant Contact for this, i deal with few
thousands of customer all thru this, its very easy but it is
also an expensive service, monthly. It will make your life very easy.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:20 pm

oh and as for the size of the library being small, yeah it is down to optimization. in the past i think nebula libraries (including my own) would always have separate vectors for every program. so if there was a 10k and a 5k and 1k version of the same program, each would have its own vector. at some point i decided that seems weird since each one is using the same samples (well, technically they end up being a *little* different if you make them separately, but that's another story), but only different portions of them. so i've found ways to have different programs use the same vector in those cases where theyd be using some of the same samples anyway.

the '0' setting on the comp control gives you a dynamic model of the compressor but without any compression, so its like a typical preamp program. gives you some 'saturation', harmonics, etc. i put that in the comp program so you can transition between that no compression setting and the sampled compressor mode at 50, and get more subtle compression results. but then i also have a 'pass through' program that's just like a typical preamp program, and that's all it does is give you that model with no compression. so why not have them use the same vector, since the 0 setting is using the same samples as the pass through programs? it cuts down on clutter and disk space usage to do this when possible.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Cupwise wrote:thanks for the kind words rich, and everyone else. glad people are liking the comp.

now i have to share a bug with you, and i don't feel like it's too big of a deal so i hope nobody get's too upset over it. but it has been brought to my attention that the programs are all set to 'mono' in the kern page. they're supposed to be stereo, as stated in the manual. so all you have to do is go to the kern page and click where it says 'stereo' and then it will be stereo, and then you can click 'save' just below that.

i will release an update soon that addresses this, but first i want to make sure there's nothing else i can fix or improve, because getting update emails out is a real pain. i've tried to find some kind of email program or plugin for ages to simplify this, and it always blows my mind that i can't easily find something for email that allows me to send out a ton of emails all at once. i'm sure i'm missing some easy to use program but i gave up looking so it always takes me a long time to do. anyway, that's the story why i'm holding off on the update, so you can go ahead and fix it now yourself, in the meantime.

But I thought with Nebula the menu item in the kern page that is shown is what is not loaded (like it is in stereo when it says mono, etc). How can a person test for whether it is actually in mono or stereo?
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:Hey Cupwise, i use Constant Contact for this, i deal with few
thousands of customer all thru this, its very easy but it is
also an expensive service, monthly. It will make your life very easy.
thanks a lot for the suggestion! i guess i was aware that there would be a program that would make it really easy, i guess i should have mentioned that i couldn't really justify going with a professional pay one though. i don't release updates that often, usually only when i find something is broken or if i think of a cool addition or improvement i can make to it. i also have to find time to make new things so its kind of a balancing act between updating old ones and making new ones (that said, i have released a lot of updates in the past and have a few planned for some older things, right now). in the end i wouldn't get much use out of a pro email solution to really justify it. thanks anyway though! i'll probably look through thunderbird plugins again and try to find something that makes it a little bit less painful to do, and i'd be ok with that. :D
Last edited by Cupwise on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:26 pm

I just looked at a bunch of other presets from other devs, and they all are presumably stereo...all have "mono" on that setting. I think whoever reported this to you is wrong.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries