Login

cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:01 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:And the question is what should i do, i own almost every
compressor that's out there, Nebula or Algo...it crippled me.
And i still do not know what to use and when.
The last 2 years i got so obsessed with compressors and purchased
anything and everything i could put my hands on.
It was a very bad decision, musically it crippled me.
Same thing with EQs and Saturators.

Fewer options can indeed be liberating!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:05 am

Fewer options actually make you more creative. It takes me 2 days
2 find a compressor...by that time i already start a new project
and again 2 days...thats why i have hundreds of projects only
saved CPR file but nothing inside...lol.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 am

sometimes is best to learn a couple of them , and learn them well
easier said than done of course haha
as i have way too many myself especially of the algos

but i'm abandoning most of the algos now except some
boz digital Hoser xt, Soundtoys Decapitator echoboy microshift, slate vmr for mixing a little in early production with super low cpu and zero latency and the uad 1176 and la2a collection

the problem with most algos IMO is taht they sounds so samey that applyes to most of algo eq`s i have tried too

Acustica stuff add so much colour, i'm really loving it :)

im digging Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter on the master
it add a sush
a nice glue, im gonna stick to this one and learn it well since its my only nebula master comp , i have yet to use it on single tracks and busses but im sure it will do fine there too
some have already said it can be awesome on vocal and busses and that i do believe
i'll add another one only if this one doesn't work on a project
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:14 am

yep
fewer options and committing takes you there much faster
and with fewer options you really learn the tools you use too
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:16 am

I really honestly need an advice...what should i do with the ones
i wanna abandon. Leave them installed and abandon them like that or
will it be easier for me if i literary uninstall whatever i dont use
or need and just have few installed and limit my self to those?
Its really over saturated here.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:10 am

On my old [now dead] computer, as I started to weed out Algo plugs, I placed the DLL's into a 'NOT USED' folder. Then re-scanned DAW if needed. This took them out of the choices.

Things are much easier now that I just built a new system. I'm now much more selective.

I still try new stuff ... like the new TDR releases, but nothing like before.

As to choices, Yes, I have a large collection of Nebula libraries. Some have gotten no more than the first listen or three when first purchased.

The ones that make it into my 'go to' list are made into custom Nebs with ZAB's NEBULA SETUPS.

It's all a personal choice. There's nothing wrong trying out new/different tools. Can be a learning experience.

On the otherside, if you're having to spend so much time auditioning, then more time is needed. But it to can be 'learning'.

If you're just flying through presets in search of magic, are you taking the time to study/learn the tool. What is it that gives the desired magic?

Something to keep in mind. WHY have so many of these NEB and Acqua libraries of highly sought equipment. Sure, sonics is a primary reason, but also there is a technique/strategy that many of these pieces have. Learning to wrap your head and ears around a particular piece is something that takes time/practice.

Think about the situation we had when it was ONLY the hardware available.

Engineers would meet after hours to talk about, evaluate, and purchase new tools. Then there'd be afterhour sessions when we would just play with the piece. Remember, we're talking about equipment that could/would run $$$K of dollars.

It had to be wired in, configured for the studio. Where in the rack was it going to go? Where on the patchbay? Was it going to go into the satellite rack next to the engineer?

Manuals were read. These were expensive tools [by THEN dollars].

What I mean by all this ... I feel it is important to invest time and learn a piece. Understand how it works, it limits, strengths.

This is key to 'intuitive' decisions. Also a guide for a 'back-up' plan. If my first choice is not doing it, what is my 2nd.

Time is still money in the studio. 'Paralysis from Analysis' of unlimited choices can stop creativity and production before it ever gets out of the gate.

On your own time, you make for study/experiment. When you step into the Control Room, best to have a plan.

oh ... sorry to go off topic so much, I just looked up and saw Cupwise Flucti-Mew.

i send my apologies.
:|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:51 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I really honestly need an advice...what should i do with the ones
i wanna abandon. Leave them installed and abandon them like that or
will it be easier for me if i literary uninstall whatever i dont use
or need and just have few installed and limit my self to those?
Its really over saturated here.

We all do have that plugin addiction don't we..hahaha.

I do have lot's of plugs but i have been doing the same thing like what RJHollins mentioned by placing all algo plugs in a NOT USED folder and selecting the ones that i'm familiar, sounds good thus helping me to work faster.

I currently only have one EQ algo plug as my go to (used to be S*L Duende) and that's BozDigital Hoser XT EQ and for Acqua plugs, Magenta, Green and Navy.

Compressor algo, MJUC + Sknote SDC while with Nebula, AlexB N54 and Flucti. My next watch list is Acqua Black in Jan 2016.

Reverb algo, Valhalla Vintage Verb and Nebula, Gene 6000 lib.

Preamps are mostly from Henry's libs.

Consoles, AlexB MFC and A16.

With these few tools, i get to work real fast and also made me commit to these tools for a long term instead of jumping into the latest plugs every month hahaha.

The more you scale down/limit your plugs, your attention get shifted to making your music better and by using these few tools, you get to understand and master them well.

So be super selective of what you really need and run with it.

Cheers

Btw, Flucti is giving such good tone and vibe, its stucked on my master for good :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:12 am

Thanks for your off topic cupwice :)
interesting reading :)

well we are a little of topic already hehe

in logic pro X i just go into the Plugin manager
and thick off the ones i don't gonna use so they don't show up in my Daw
luckily most Daws these days i think can let you organize your plugins better with for example in logic i created my own folders for go to comps, eq`s , saturate tools, reverbs and so on

so i don't have to scroll through all the stuff
as i now can grab them in seconds since i already have picked my go to tools and organized them so they lies on top of everything else of all the folders, so i did not only organize my plugins into folders my folders are also organized among the folders themselves

before i did that it took so much time sometimes that many times i forgot the idea behind what i was gonna use it for and what i was looking for haha it completely messes up creativity and destroys the moment
it's not only many plugins but it's way too many companies too :)

i sometimes before i was organizing i could suddenly stirr at the screen for several minutes and "what the heck was i looking for again" hehe

but me personally is going to sell many of the plugins i don't use anymore and just get rid of them
well the uad plugins i have to tick off since all comes as a trial package of the ones i don't own
some i just gonna hard uninstall completely

i'm not gonna get rid of anything of my neb libraries at least not yet cause i'm only at the 4rt month in using it
so much more exploring is left to do,
that will take time too of course but i already have some favourites in aquas and nebula and they just take me there so much faster when i know wich i like and where i should use them, there are no rules but on some things these special ones do really really shine on certain sources

but i think nebula setups would be a great place to start organizing the favourites of the nebulas, and those you pick as must haves can be placed in folders like regular plugins in the same folders as the few algos you have left :)

the Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter is going in my fav comp folder by the way :)

im absolutely not saying all algos are bad, i have picked my favourites there, and they get used too absolutely
the Hoser XT eq for example is an outstanding algo eq with lo cpu and don't sound bad beside even the clean aquas, it's clean but incredible smooth , i also like bx digital v.2 for finding buildups very fast, but there are many more digital eq`s who can do that,but this is mostly about what is a good tool to you when you pick up what you really need and what you really don't need

just to get back to topic at the end
Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter is awesome
especially if you take the time to find the sweet spot

i think that's where the true power to know these tools lies
gain staging and sweet spot :)
Last edited by jfjer379@gmail.com on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:14 am

Last edited by basaristudios@gmail.com on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:30 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:You are right...i think i have to spend few weeks checking all
my things out and take another approach, limit my self as working
on a console or two...choose the most 2-3 Compressors and EQs.
Create a Console Strip...with EQ and Dynamics and limit my self
where i work with a N**e or S*L Console, i have an 1176, LA2A
and maybe one more, Magenta and another EQ...and thats it,
the console is in front of me and this is all i have.

Correct. Do this and it will help you heaps.

Well, let's keep this thread for Flucti :)

You can open a new thread to continue discussion if you want.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries