Login

cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Postby Cupwise » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:16 pm

great, glad you like it! if you like this one and haven't checked out my 660 release i'd recommend it, especially after the update i just made or it. after i released flucti it was probably my personal favorite for a while but i think the 660 is back on top of my own personal list, although i think they both sound and work different enough that they each have their best uses. the c660 has 4 different pass throughs, each sounding a bit different (at least one or two of them can be driven ore to get more obvious harmonics) and in the past they always introduced some compression which you couldn't control and which wasn't supposed to be there, but now that's gone, so i think they're great tools now for subtle tone coloring.

as for the question about how close this release is to 'the real thing', i think that answer is more up to the users to decide, but i can say that i got it as close as i could within a reasonable time frame. what i mean by that is that there are always things that can be improved more but at some point when working on these you start to get diminishing returns and have to just put it out. i do think flucti could receive an update at some point, i think the release behavior could be tweaked a bit more like i did with my c660 update, but not with the same level of improvement as i made there. can't say if or when that update would happen and i feel like for now flucti is pretty good as it is.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby ryancost » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi all,
Just wanted to chime in that I picked up this Flucti Mew and have continued to find ways to use and love it. I find it's very musical for me in the upper mid-range, and I do a lot of acoustic guitar - it brings forward detail in the mids in a flattering way. Plus 3D depth. Also love it on bass. Excellent, thanks Tim!
ryancost
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:18 am

it has become my absolute favorite for my acoustic guitar bus
but it can be very good on many things depending on the source, but it always seems to shine on my acoustic guitar bus no matter what
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:34 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:it has become my absolute favorite for my acoustic guitar bus
but it can be very good on many things depending on the source, but it always seems to shine on my acoustic guitar bus no matter what

Absolutely! I seem to like it best on stuff that likes a high end massage. But with the HP filter sidechain, it does well on my master buss often.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jpn » Sun May 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Cupwise wrote:ok i keep getting asked about skins so here's what's going on with that. i was pretty much against the idea because i assumed i would have to pay someone and my profits aren't enough to justify that. also it means more work even if someone else is doing the graphics because i have to coordinate/communicate with that person and the meters would have to be set up on my end (which i found out when i had a skin done for a 609 acqua release that never happened, a long long time ago). and i'd rather be spending the time i have on something like a new release rather than anything to do with a skin. to me the skin isnt really important.

BUT jpn has contacted me saying he'd be awesome and do a skin if i give him the set so that's got me considering it. i still dont like spending any time (not sure doing the meters will be too much work but things always tend to spiral into a lot more than you expect) on it that i could be working on another thing, but enough people asked and so i think i'll let him do it.

also random bit of news- i'm working on an update for my 660 comp which i think is kind of a major overhaul and i think it's going to be great when its done (already think i've made a lot of improvements). should be done before not too long, so keep an eye out for that if you have that library!

Flucti-Mew SKINs

.N2S and screenshots

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... =folder%2c

have fun guys :)
jpn

Postby Brian » Sun May 15, 2016 6:21 pm

OneDrive link is broken in thispost...

it's working in your Skins forum post here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29500

Looks good!
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby jpn » Sun May 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Brian wrote:OneDrive link is broken in thispost...

it's working in your Skins forum post here:
http://acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 14&t=29500

Looks good!

Thank You Brian.

New fresh Link:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... =folder%2c
jpn

Postby drezz » Mon May 16, 2016 1:11 am

fantastic work as ever man! thank you..... :)
drezz

Postby Cupwise » Wed May 25, 2016 7:27 pm

yeah, the skin is really great! 8-)
thank you jpn!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:46 am

ok so JPN just finished a new, big update to the skin incorporating a feature i requested, and which uses something in the nebula skin language that has been there for years, after i asked giancarlo to add it years back, but afaik hasn't been used, until now!

the new feature in question is a matrix of buttons which allows you to switch between different programs... without losing your settings! this means you can switch between the lite, standard, and shq versions, without worrying about the attack/release/thresh/etc controls all being reset! it also makes this release one step closer towards being like a fully fledged stand alone compressor plugin, if installed as per the instructions included in the update .zip.

everyone who has the library should've got an email about it with a link to the skin update. if not contact me through my site contact form!

future improvements will hopefully include adding a gain reduction meter, and removing the program select window which is now not needed. those two changes i feel will basically make this a stand alone compressor, in use!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries