Login

EL Dis***ssor for Nebula 3

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

EL Dis***ssor for Nebula 3

Postby emilieitor » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi everyone

Well, I´ve waiting 3 years for a Dis***ssor library for Nebula, I asked for to third-parties in the forum for make this library so much times, and nothing, and I´m going to try this again.

I read a interview to a sound enginner recently and he said that the Dis***ssor in recording studios almost always is used in normal mode, without apply someone of its options (british, dist 1, dist 2, etc...).

After I listened these audio demos of the Dis***ssor in this page:

http://audioforo.com/analisis-del-e-l-distressor

The Dis***ssor in normal mode sound incredible, but the different options are pure rubbish. The sound enginner been in the right.

The idea would be make a Nebula library of the Dis***ssor only in normal mode knowing that 90% of the times is used this compressor in this mode without apply internal options, this would be like make a library of other compresssor anyone, a library with all optios posssible of the Dis***ssor this would be impossible of develop due to the time and the size in GB.

A stereo linked of a pair o Dis***ssor would be ask for to much I think.

Following this way gradually we would have the "must be" compressors in the studio in Nebula 3:

http://www.attackmagazine.com/features/ ... ever-made/

I miss A**n Sm**t C2, M**nley Var* MU, ... and other classics like SP* Tra****t De**gner, Dra***er *201, ...

But I know that I won´t get nothing writting this post again. Maybe the next year I will write this again without replies and the next year of the next year I will write again per secula seculorum...
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Re: EL Dis***ssor for Nebula 3

Postby deehope » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:33 am

Have u tried the sknote disto? It's actually really good.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby manuel.soruco » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

+1 on the Disto.
Just bought it some days ago, haven´t tried much but seems to be the bomb (and ultra cheap!).

It seems the Distressor is one of those ultra hard to sample units. I have been looking for distressors in the digital world for years, and the only things I have found are the Disto (released not more than a few months ago) and the emulation in the F*******e LiquidMix.
manuel.soruco
User Level II
User Level II

Postby cps418 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:08 pm

It may sound "bomb shelter" in it's own right, but I've read in many other forums by owners of the hardware and the word is pretty much (only on drums), (to aggressive and harsh on vocals). When i first got wind of the release I to was very excited, (givien the name of the software company and the compressor name itself, but that excitement seems to have gone soft rather quickly on the net.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Metalblast » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Sknote Disto rocks, but this sounded also:

http://www.cocellproductions.com/Pensadia/sor8.html
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:47 pm

For the Vari-Mu, Cupwise just did it a few days ago, and it kicks ass !!
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby djayart » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:53 pm

djayart
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby cps418 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:27 pm

That looks cool, but it's just the name of the hardware company. duende mix bus does not stand up to nebula... I think it even has a hard time standing up to IK multimedia, and "The glue"
I'm just saying, because it's made by the hardware company does not mean it's gonna shine as software... maybe. Infact, most of these "hardware companies" trying to be software hire some of the same developers that we know on the market...most notably Soft-tube.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ChumBucket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:17 am

Deflector by Sly-fi Digital, an offshoot of Kush audio, is also worth consideration:

http://www.slyfidigital.com/
ChumBucket
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to 3rd party libraries