Login

Demos in Nebula 3FREE _ Load, but Working ??

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Demos in Nebula 3FREE _ Load, but Working ??

Postby KrazyKat46 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:10 pm

I was very pleased to load Programs and Vectors for many 3rd party Demo emulations into Nebula 3FREE and instantiate them. Because of Demo limitations, I question if these Demos are working as they do in Nebula 3 Pro. Even with decent Audio I/F, powered monitors, headphones, some EQs, Comps seem to work (In/Out Meters, values operating) but these are only on VSTi Master and hard to hear resultant effects.
Can anyone comment to reassure me. This is a critical step for me prior to purchasing Pro 3 Bundle __ as all is very positive so far. I'm assuming now that Demos are all working normally in FREE once they load. :)

Alessandro, Michael, Tim, :?: :?:

Thank-you :!:
KrazyKat46
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Demos in Nebula 3FREE _ Load, but Working ??

Postby AlexB » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:33 pm

By my side: as you can read in the txt file which comes with the demo zip, demos have limitations and they are for sound evaluation only.
If you like it, buy the library. If not, no. Simply. 8-)

To Buy = support. It's fundamental for every 3rd party to develop new goods.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I definitely recommend the purchase - The Nebula Pro bundle does give you full access to a massive variety of high-quality 3rd-party libraries.

The demo libraries have different limitations depending on the developer or programs in question - often they represent just a small slice of the capability of the program, allowing you to get a feel of the quality or sonic signature of the sampled hardware device.

For example, many EQ library demos would only feature 1 fixed frequency (for example, 3kHz), while the full library has all sampled frequency, gain, and bandwidth options available.

Compressor demos often are limited by having a fixed ratio and/or attack/release timings.

The 3rd-party libraries represent an incredible value for the money if you consider the sound quality and range of sampled devices. You'll need to get used to the workflow (here the Acqua range is superior for speed and ease), but Nebula 4 may level that playing field.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby KrazyKat46 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:10 pm

AlexB wrote:By my side: as you can read in the txt file which comes with the demo zip, demos have limitations and they are for sound evaluation only.
If you like it, buy the library. If not, no. Simply. 8-)

To Buy = support. It's fundamental for every 3rd party to develop new goods.

Sr. Alessandro Boschi: Thank-you for taking time to Reply! I stated my question poorly. What I am asking is:
Does Nebula 3FREE run your 'Demos' exactly the same as Nebula 3 Pro Bundle? I believe it does based on some of the visual parameters. Sound, as I stated, is difficult because I am using on clean VSTi audio tracks.
I understand completely that I must purchase Nebula 3 Pro in order to utilize fully your emulations. I certainly do not expect high quality products at no cost :!: :oops:

Sincerely,
KathB
KrazyKat46
User Level II
User Level II

Postby KrazyKat46 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Brian wrote:I definitely recommend the purchase - The Nebula Pro bundle does give you full access to a massive variety of high-quality 3rd-party libraries.

The demo libraries have different limitations depending on the developer or programs in question - often they represent just a small slice of the capability of the program, allowing you to get a feel of the quality or sonic signature of the sampled hardware device.

For example, many EQ library demos would only feature 1 fixed frequency (for example, 3kHz), while the full library has all sampled frequency, gain, and bandwidth options available.

Compressor demos often are limited by having a fixed ratio and/or attack/release timings.

The 3rd-party libraries represent an incredible value for the money if you consider the sound quality and range of sampled devices. You'll need to get used to the workflow (here the Acqua range is superior for speed and ease), but Nebula 4 may level that playing field.

I understand an agree completely. Since I use only high quality VSTi audio tracks, hearing impact of Nebula 3 Demos is difficult (for me, at least!).
When I consider my 'narrow' set of needs, Acqua products are a workable alternative as well. I am now leaning toward Nebula3 Server and one EQ, Compressor Or Console on my Master Out.
BTW __ I visited Taipei several times in 1980's while with Hewlett-Packard Co. We had a subsidiary there and I always enjoyed time in Taiwan.

Best regards,
KrazyKat46
User Level II
User Level II

Postby gurth » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 pm

If you mean if there will be more of an impact when using neb pro instead of neb free. Lets say There will be more of the impact, that you hear now.

The idea is use nebula on every track till it sounds right, it is not like you put an instance of nebula on the master and it will sound huge.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby evaderod » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 pm

gurth wrote:If you mean if there will be more of an impact when using neb pro instead of neb free. Lets say There will be more of the impact, that you hear now.

The idea is use nebula on every track till it sounds right, it is not like you put an instance of nebula on the master and it will sound huge.

+1 Absolutely, especially with the console presets and tape emulations!
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby KrazyKat46 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:55 pm

gurth wrote:If you mean if there will be more of an impact when using neb pro instead of neb free. Lets say There will be more of the impact, that you hear now.

OK. I had some sense of this, but you confirm proper usage which I can now try.

Thank-you
KrazyKat46
User Level II
User Level II

Postby KrazyKat46 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:03 am

evaderod wrote: +1 Absolutely, especially with the console presets and tape emulations!

Thank-you as well. This application of Nebula3 is finally getting across to me but I needed to hear it more than once to spend my 'Trial' time effectively.
Perhaps it has taken too long, but now I understand why the impact was not as many others have described.

The concept of doing very specific work with algo plugins, followed by Nebula/Acqua emulations is new to me but quite interesting.

Regards,
KrazyKat46
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:55 am

In reading/following this thread ... I hope I'm not reading some misunderstandings.

If we talk NEBULA ... the difference between Nebula-FREE and any of the commercial versions are WHAT type of libraries that can be used. The purchased, 3rd party libraries will require a commercial version of Nebula.

Sonically ... there should be no differences between FREE and commercial.

As to DEMO PRESETS.

Regardless of the Neb version, [usually] all Demo Presets have been limited so as to provide a 'taste'. The purchased, commercial library is the full blown release with every and all options that the designer has created.

As for evaluating Nebula.

The FREE version should allow a working 'hint' of the possibilities with a users actual project.

Buying Nebula and downloading the including community libraries will open the spance of Nebula.

The next level. The commercial, 3rd party library releases. This is where Nebula users take their audio experience to a different level.

Each of the dedicated 3rd party Devs have supplied the Nebula community with a huge selection of equipment as libraries.

Remember ... Nebula/Acqua are not mathematical, algorithmic generators. The source starts with each unique piece of hardware. Due to these uniqueness, it is understood that 2 Devs can release the same model [different unit] and we have 2 unique libraries. In the 'real world' of hardware based studios, this is exactly the world we worked in. [A 1/2 dozen 1176's each had differences ... some 'matched' very well ... but usually not absolute identical].

Again ... the magic of what Nebula offers.

Maybe this helps explain why many of us have a huge collection of commercial libraries. Forgetting the fact that the cost for a library is basically affordable. Just price out some of this hardware ... then add maintenance, etc.

Variety is the 'spice'.

Consider that even hi-end consoles [N*V*, S*S*L, etc] ... each module had a difference ... maybe ever so slight. Some channel modules were intentionally modified because we wanted/needed something different available.

Variety. To help us 'craft' our sounds.

Point ... if independently wealthy, you can buy everything. If so inclined, you could buy someone to learn it all, as you call in musical ideas from one of your yachts.

OR ... you will start to listen to sounds with a higher intent. Study albums for the sound and equipment used. Test available Preset Demos with your material to find the sound that speaks to you.

As your taste change or evolve, there are/will be
other libraries that catch your attention.

Music is an art-form. It is not exclusive to the song and lyrics. As producers/ engineers, the 'sound' is the 'universal language' that the story is transported in.

Well ... got off on a bit of tangent ... just wanted to be sure things didn't get confused.
Hope this was helpful ... or if already understood ... nevermind :oops:

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries