Login

AlexB: Massive Mix eQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: Massive Mix eQ

Postby fredgod » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:29 am

I just bought this eq without hearing any demo becuase i know that Alex will deliver the quality better than your regular converter with the hardware :mrgreen:
fredgod
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm trying the demo of Magenta3, and finds something weird : on Low shelf, MMQ goes further in terms of gain, but in Hi Shelf, Magenta3 goes way further. Like if in MMQ the hi shelf gain had been sampled up to half way compared to Magenta3, and the opposite in the low shelf. Any thoughts ?
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:39 am

For those interested, I realized my listening comparisons were not right, as even on shelf mode, the q is still affecting the EQ. And I was with a narrow q on MMQ. So none of them does what I was saying, going further in gain than the other one. They still sound quite different, though. Both are great.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby malekmusic » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:35 pm

I bought this massive eq today and mastered a song now. I cant believe how good it sounds. I had a hardware eqy a-designs hammer, on the 2bus but your massive eq sounds so much better on this song. Lovely highs and lunchy lows. Im really happy, thank you!
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby dennyhellbach » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:35 pm

This is bar none the best EQ I've ever experienced ITB. The HP alone is worth the price. No reason to use algos ever again. Great work.
dennyhellbach
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Just started working with this MMeQ [special Christmas present], mastering a new track.

Details later ... but I can concur with others ...

This is an excellent, powerful EQ that can go from subtle 'bending/shaping' to attention focus.

The interaction of GAIN and 'Q' is very powerful. I recommend investing time to understand/listen to how they work.

One of the most musical EQ's in all of Nebula-Land. [and I have many :mrgreen: ].

Superb release AlexB.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Same here, I've only used 1 band for a rough mix for vocals...this thing makes no sense how amazing it sounds, incredible is not even enough to describe what came out of my monitors and I give many thanks to AlexB and his splendid work at sampling this beast of an Eq.i haven't even started my mix yet, just sounds good as is.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:33 am

The first thing I did was load up the High Shelf on the mixbuss. That's the best high end I've heard... probably ever (including my modest experience with hardware of this caliber). I did some subtle shaping only to find that when I bypassed it, my shaping wasn't as much subtle as it was PERFECTLY bringing out what I want and taking away what I didn't. It was only a couple 1db boosts and one 2db cut. The original mix sounded like udder garbage compared to the newly EQ'd version. Honestly, it's hard to narrow down a word that describes this release. It's feels like trying to describe what love is to a chimpanzee.

Combining this with the Flucti-Mew is stunning! It's gonna be a great new year on the mixing buss :twisted:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby nverxion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 am

Yes, this is great. I grabbed it within one day of receiving the release email from Alex. I had been waiting for it anxiously since the Mammoth doesn't have 96kHz band programs... only those combos.
AcquaVox / Amethyst / AQ3 / Coral / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server
nverxion
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:48 am

the 'other' bands are nice too ! :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries