Login

AlexB: Massive Mix eQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: Massive Mix eQ

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:02 am

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Really wonder how this one compares to Magenta...

Mercado_Negro wrote:I prefer the MMeQ 8-)

+1. MMeQ sounds better and full in comparison to Magenta 2 but both have its strength.

Magenta 2 strength is the mid and low band, not the high bands unfortunately. MMeQ high band sounds smooth even in the demo :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby aatigre » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 am

MMeQ is by far the best sounding Massive Passive in Nebula world.
That includes an older previous library by another developer, that i have and used alot until recently and Magenta. Magenta is very nice to use because you can load all the bands at the same time, but soundwise its not as good as MMeQ.
aatigre
User Level II
User Level II

Postby sfabs » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:35 pm

bought... downloading... excited!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:02 pm

One thing I like about Magenta is that the bands can overlap, just like what it seems the actual hardware can do as well from looking at pictures. In reading the description, it seems MMeQ doesn't have that capability in that the bell variable frequency ranges do not overlap. Is this correct?
mtalavera

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:40 pm

doubtingtom37 wrote:Thank-you, MM.
Fair time now with Nebula 3 FREE. Impressed and considering SERIOUSLY purchasing Pro Bundle.

Budget somewhat constrained and would need to stay with ONLY Pro 3 Bundle (+Setups)for some time. No question about quality and value of 3rd party libraries, BUT not for some time. Bundle is a bit dated now and wonder how happy I will be using just this content when such enthusiasm for steady flow of 3rd party content. Never have seen detailed list of exact Pro 3 Bundle.

Will appreciate experienced User views on this.

The differences between Pro Bundle and Server Bundle are pretty much in the performance area. The Server version shares resources between instances and since it's based on the lastest changes/enhacements on Core6/7 engines it's much more CPU friendly and stable. You can also run two computers via LAN using the Server version. This way you can save even more resources.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby doubtingtom37 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Thank-you. Enjoy following many of your posts here and mostly on Reaper Forum. Appreciate all you do :!:

Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby AlexB » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:40 pm

NAVY is based on solid state equalizers which use one TRANSISTOR working in A-class for the 1073 and in AB-class for the 1081 in the gain makeup circuit. I don't know if NAVY is vintage, modern reissue or clone (big differences between them, you can recognize the model by the sound or seeing the spectrum/THD analysis - Marinair and Carnhill transformers have particular characteristics), MMeQ uses TUBEs for gain makeup.
So: Apple and Orange.

mtalavera wrote:One thing I like about Magenta is that the bands can overlap, just like what it seems the actual hardware can do as well from looking at pictures. In reading the description, it seems MMeQ doesn't have that capability in that the bell variable frequency ranges do not overlap. Is this correct?

In the hardware the Frequency controls intentionally interact with one another, as do the Gain and Bandwidth controls.. Neither Magenta or other Nebula's libraries can emulate this behavior... The only way is to sample A LOT of combinations (milions) which require years of work and a GIGANTIC plugin/library.
Plugin like UAD emulates easily this behavior...
What you see in Magenta is a simple "stack" of bands which you can to do by inserting as many nebula instances as bands you need, as described in the MMeQ Manual.

I can't say that MMeQ sounds exactly like the hardware but very very very close, with his 3dimensional and little fat/saturated sound, without making thin bass and scooped mids.

Cheers 8-)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi AlexB,

Look forward to demo'ing this library!

If I may ask ... You've identified this library as the 'Mix eQ' and mention difference to a 'mastering' version. Is this a subtle hint that a 'mastering' version is planned ?

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:30 pm

I want to be honestly clear only and not sell the same sampled hardware as mix and master eQ ;)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby maniak » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:35 pm

AlexB wrote:What you see in Magenta is a simple "stack" of bands which you can to do by inserting as many nebula instances as bands you need, as described in the MMeQ Manual.

Alex one quick question, with the "PoolTeQ" you can get the same effect doing what you mention here, or is a little different because it's an older library? (different sample techniques etc.) ...
maniak
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries