Login

AlexB: Massive Mix eQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: Massive Mix eQ

Postby SWANG » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:54 am

sfabs wrote:Really interested in this!

Have a question though... am I right in saying this is a parallel EQ, so it mixes dry and wet signals?

does the library automatically work in parallel... or should we be setting the library up in a parallel buss or using reaper or a meta plugin to create a parallel configuration?

hope I haven't missed something which makes this a silly question...

with parallel eq, each filter is working with a clean signal rather than a signal affected by a previous filter. so a dry/wet knob wouldn't adequately allow for this functionality. bluecat patchwork is one plugin which allows one to set this up easily if you wish to use libraries such as this and henry's air collection in a manner which represents the hardware most authentically.

having said that, i haven't purchased this library yet, but i definitely will. i'm sure it sounds amazing as is, but experimentation is the order of the day imo. :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby doubtingtom37 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:50 am

doubtingtom37 wrote:Very close to move from Nebula 3FREE to Pro Bundle. Already have many AlexB Demo emulations installed and working.

How can I evaluate Massive Mix eQ DEMO properly .. in terms of NAVY, which is recommended to me highly in my Post re. Slate Virtual Mix Rack_VCC :?:

-------------
a single bump cuz it got buried so fast earlier. Hope there is helpful comment available ... though a bit sensitive ... dunno
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby evaderod » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 am

@doubtingtom37

The NAVY type was originally a console strip eq and the "massivemix" was a rack mount type of eq with more available bell and shelf bands for complex sonic shaping and correction uses. The NAVY was designed around a more lean number of bands with less control over the Q of the filters.
Both had a different tone with the NAVY adding more flavor and the Massive being more transparent.NAVY was probably modeled after a N*ve 1084 or 1081 channel strip. They were both much respected workhorses for everyday mixing and shaping of tracks for years. Massive mix was modeled after a M*nley massive passive configured as a mix eq. Like Alex said they also make a mastering version (the mix version was used for mastering for years before the introduction of the mastering version) and I think both forms are available in the MAGENTA product offering. is also sought after for it's great sound and flexibility. Hope this helps. This thread is about the new product and if you want to discuss comparisons you might try opening a new topic or thread next time. Good luck with your choices. :)

regards

dave
Last edited by evaderod on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby sfabs » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:51 am

SWANG wrote:
sfabs wrote:Really interested in this!

Have a question though... am I right in saying this is a parallel EQ, so it mixes dry and wet signals?

does the library automatically work in parallel... or should we be setting the library up in a parallel buss or using reaper or a meta plugin to create a parallel configuration?

hope I haven't missed something which makes this a silly question...

with parallel eq, each filter is working with a clean signal rather than a signal affected by a previous filter. so a dry/wet knob wouldn't adequately allow for this functionality. bluecat patchwork is one plugin which allows one to set this up easily if you wish to use libraries such as this and henry's air collection in a manner which represents the hardware most authentically.

having said that, i haven't purchased this library yet, but i definitely will. i'm sure it sounds amazing as is, but experimentation is the order of the day imo. :)

Thanks for that reply Swang. clears it up for me... i thought I could use a metaplu like blue cat to create a totally parallel chain. but helps to have have expertise on the matter, i thought the same with HO's Air...

dont get me wrong, i know I will buy this library and play with it in parallel and in sequence, just like to "know".. you know, must be my OCD, lol
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWANG » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:05 am

^haha! yes, you and i may suffer from the same condition! :lol:

enjoy...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby doubtingtom37 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 pm

@ evaderod

Much appreciated :!: Addresses my specific concerns sufficiently to move forward.

Regards,
Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Really wonder how this one compares to Magenta...

I prefer the MMeQ 8-)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby doubtingtom37 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:45 am

MMeQ Demo loaded into Nebula 3FREE. If I purchase it, will the full emu load and run normally, or only to Pro Bundle :?:
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:33 am

doubtingtom37 wrote:MMeQ Demo loaded into Nebula 3FREE. If I purchase it, will the full emu load and run normally, or only to Pro Bundle :?:

The library won't work on Nebula Free.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby doubtingtom37 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:46 am

Thank-you, MM.
Fair time now with Nebula 3 FREE. Impressed and considering SERIOUSLY purchasing Pro Bundle.

Budget somewhat constrained and would need to stay with ONLY Pro 3 Bundle (+Setups)for some time. No question about quality and value of 3rd party libraries, BUT not for some time. Bundle is a bit dated now and wonder how happy I will be using just this content when such enthusiasm for steady flow of 3rd party content. Never have seen detailed list of exact Pro 3 Bundle.

Will appreciate experienced User views on this.
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries