Login

Bee X-20 Spring Reverb

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Bee X-20 Spring Reverb

Postby Cupwise » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:40 am

yes.
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/bee-x-20-spring-reverb/

i've been sitting on this bad boy for a little over a year, using it on my own mixes and feeling great about having my own secret special reverb just for myself, but i finally decided i should release it unto the world. so there it is!

there will be a demo program up shortly, after i figure out how to handle that, but for now you can check out the audio demos and the manual is up to look at also.

also notice that it's on sale for now, and i'm thinking it will be at that price for about 2 weeks. if you want to check out the demo program before committing don't worry, it should be up within the next day or so, giving you plenty of time before the sale ends.

(also don't worry about me, i still have a few other super secret reverbs for myself.... however if this one does well i just might have to let those loose also :twisted: )
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Bee X-20 Spring Reverb

Postby RE301 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Very exciting & great to see a new Cupwise release! I'm a big fan of some of your previous libraries. Will be getting this one for sure. Please amaze & thrill us with yet more Cupwise secret vault items!
Last edited by RE301 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE301

Postby pipamail » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Cool! :D
pipamail
User Level III
User Level III

Postby emilieitor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi Tim, how do you do?

Waiting very impatient some new Nebula compressor in your page, you said me in the past that probably you would make a Nebula library of a A**n Sm**t C2, I hope it!. And some vari mu compressor more, I love your Creamy 660!!
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RE301 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 pm

The Bee X-20 appears to have what is a dynamite sound..(!)

I was curious as to the correct way to adjust the reverb decay - I assume using the damper control? I notice this seems to change the sound character / stereo field somewhat (?)

And yes, as mentioned in the previous post, the 660 is fantastic...
RE301

Postby Mysterygrimms » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Cupwise wrote:yes.
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/bee-x-20-spring-reverb/

i've been sitting on this bad boy for a little over a year, using it on my own mixes and feeling great about having my own secret special reverb just for myself, but i finally decided i should release it unto the world. so there it is!

there will be a demo program up shortly, after i figure out how to handle that, but for now you can check out the audio demos and the manual is up to look at also.

also notice that it's on sale for now, and i'm thinking it will be at that price for about 2 weeks. if you want to check out the demo program before committing don't worry, it should be up within the next day or so, giving you plenty of time before the sale ends.

(also don't worry about me, i still have a few other super secret reverbs for myself.... however if this one does well i just might have to let those loose also :twisted: )

Cupwise do you have access to this reverb?

Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0k8GQZgzOo

Would love a Nebula developer to sample this bad boy. I was going to buy one off ebay but the upkeep seems like it be very expensive. In the meantime, I think I'll purchase your current reverb. Thanks
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Postby beingmf3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Mysterygrimms wrote:Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb

OMG! If he doesn't, we should all collect money and buy him one! :D
beingmf3

Postby Cupwise » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm

RE301 wrote:The Bee X-20 appears to have what is a dynamite sound..(!)

I was curious as to the correct way to adjust the reverb decay - I assume using the damper control? I notice this seems to change the sound character / stereo field somewhat (?)

And yes, as mentioned in the previous post, the 660 is fantastic...

yes thats how you do it, with the main program. the sound does change a bit, but that's what happens on the real thing also.

Mysterygrimms wrote:
Cupwise do you have access to this reverb?

Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb

i don't have one, no. for a long time i wanted to get one of those, and was stalking them on ebay, especially after i read somewhere that king tubby may have used them. however, i feel like when it comes to the spring reverbs in tanks like that, theyre going to have a fairly similar sound, and i've done several of them already.

not saying i wouldn't do more, but the bee X-20 was made from kind of a different type of spring altogether, with a much nicer, more 'hi-fi' sound compared to most springs. i think the gibbs spring release i did a few years ago is probably closer to the space expander, so you might want to check that one out if you haven't already.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Thank you for the reply re: decay time...!

I'm very pleased Cupwise is on the scene once again :-)

On the Space Expander - indeed many reliable sources peg this unit as the type used by King Tubby... I own one & can confirm its a standard Accutronics-style spring tank (though re-branded) with tube electronics for the preamp/amp stages ..and that's it. As used inside (I believe) some Hammond organs & in tandem with home hi fi's.. The Cupwise Gibbs is probably near-identical if not identical...

The orig BeeX-20's were in a whole other price class ($$$) in their day for professional use.
Last edited by RE301 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE301

Postby Mysterygrimms » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:14 pm

RE301 wrote:Thank you for the reply re: decay time...!

I'm very pleased Cupwise is on the scene once again :-)

On the Space Expander - indeed many reliable sources peg this unit as the type used by King Tubby... I own one & can confirm its a standard Accutronics-style spring tank (though re-branded) with tube electronics for the preamp/amp stages ..and that's it. As used inside (I believe) some Hammond organs & in tandem with home hi fi's.. The Cupwise Gibbs is probably near-identical if not identical...

The BX-20's were in a whole other price class ($$$) in their day for professional use.

Yes I am a Reggae and Hip-Hop producer that's why I would love a Nebula Library with this unit sampled. I want that King Tubby sound (Well his exact sound is impossible to replicate, but something close enough to it as far as the reverb). I practically own every Nebula Reverb library with the exception of E.A.R due to AITB closing their shop (For now).

If you watch the Fisher Expander youtube video I posted the guy replicated the exact sound I am looking for but King Tubby used a modified version of the Fisher Expander K10, but the original is good enough for me. RE301 thanks for the explanation though greatly appreciated. I just bought Cupwise's new reverb about an hour ago. So, I am going to test it out and go play with it soon.

edit: RE301 I have a question regarding the Space Expander? How much is the upkeep for this unit? Someone was selling it on Ebay a month back for around $230 USD. I was going to buy it, but thought to myself, the upkeep may be too pricey for me. But since you actually own one, I'll pose this question to you?
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries