Login

Room reverb from Timp

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Room reverb from Timp

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:36 am

Last edited by Tim Petherick on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: Room reverb from Timp

Postby Andyyager10 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:30 am

Thanks Tim
Andyyager10
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mtalavera » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:44 am

Thank you, Tim. And yes, I did purchase this as I think all of Tim's products are well worth the price.

And I even see a preview on your website of a new product coming hopefully very soon :D

EDIT: Tim, I downloaded the zip file that was presented to me after the purchase, and it only contained the vector files. I placed the vector files in their proper location, but there is nothing under the Reverb (REV) menu in Nebula. I do not see the TEA ROOM items in any of my menus.
mtalavera

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:45 am

mtalavera wrote:Thank you, Tim. And yes, I did purchase this as I think all of Tim's products are well worth the price.

And I even see a preview on your website of a new product coming hopefully very soon :D

EDIT: Tim, I downloaded the zip file that was presented to me after the purchase, and it only contained the vector files. I placed the vector files in their proper location, but there is nothing under the Reverb (REV) menu in Nebula. I do not see the TEA ROOM items in any of my menus.

I resent to everyone. Yes it seems the programs just disappeared from my site temporarily, It's back now!

Also for convienence you can get the programs here
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Mysterygrimms » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks for posting this Tim. I also just recommended an EQ of yours over at Gearslutz in this forum topic

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... ve-42.html
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Nice skin here from JPN

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plsapaehstorl ... M.N2S?dl=0

Mysterygrimms wrote:Thanks for posting this Tim. I also just recommended an EQ of yours over at Gearslutz in this forum topic

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... ve-42.html

Thanks very much!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby trickster » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:14 pm

This is a stunning program. Not sure how I'm going to use it musically yet (such a long decay) but just listening to it on a source is astounding. Amazing potential for sound design applications at the very least.
Tim, can you share the story of how you came to have access to this space? How do you feel the nebula program captured your experience of the acoustics?
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:31 pm

trickster wrote:This is a stunning program. Not sure how I'm going to use it musically yet (such a long decay) but just listening to it on a source is astounding. Amazing potential for sound design applications at the very least.
Tim, can you share the story of how you came to have access to this space? How do you feel the nebula program captured your experience of the acoustics?

Hi, trickster,

Yes, As you can imagine this would cost me a fortune if having to rent the space. The space is in my city of Bath, the building is called the assembly rooms. I got lucky and managed to get this space for free through a friend, who is a great composer and piano player, we have both performed in this room. It's seems most suitable for solo instruments or possibly classical, putting this reverb on say horns is great or maybe something with a slow attack. . I have another big room sampled, Which is slightly smaller but actually has a longer decay. Hopefully in the future I can find some smaller musical rooms.

I had some assistance at sampling from a friend, so he should have some credit for this, http://joolsscott.co.uk/. We had very little time to do this, around 6 hours.

The room is indeed huge, Noise initially was a huge problem. I spent a few weeks make a work around to tackle this as best as possible. I also recommend you add a pre delay to the wet part of the signal, this helps clarity by quite a bit.

I feel nebula does a good job for sure but to be honest I've not compared to other impulse style plugs.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Andyyager10 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:09 am

Hi Tim,
Any chance of a lower cpu version of this?
Andyyager10
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Andyyager10 wrote:Hi Tim,
Any chance of a lower cpu version of this?

This is as low as I can get it for dynamic sampling. Try using a different dsp buffer size in nebula or you could try cuda.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries